Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2015 GSR Endurance Championship *VOID*

Fri 12 Dec 2014, 10:57

All discussion related to the 2015 GSR Endurance Championship goes here.

This championship will be run on Project CARS on the Xbox One.

Full series rules and info to come. Stay tuned!!

CLASSES:

Prototype 1 (Max 4 cars)
Prototype 2 (Max 4 cars)
GT 3 (Max 8 cars)

2015 CALENDAR:

April 25th: TBA

June 6th: 12 Hours of Le Mans

August 15th: TBA

October 24th: TBA

December 12th: TBA

Fri 12 Dec 2014, 11:50
Let the silly season begin!
Fri 12 Dec 2014, 18:50
It's already been delayed 3 times! I am being very hopeful that PCARS does not get delay #4!

95 days to PCARS release, 03/17/15.
Sat 13 Dec 2014, 07:52
Let's keep our fingers crossed!

My early plans are to run solo in prototype. I simply had too much fun running solo in the R18 at Long Beach and am excited to find out if I'm up to the challenge of running a full season that way. I'm leaning toward P2 right now; gives that extra challenge of cutting through GT's while looking in my mirror for P1's.

Having a total of 8 prototypes (4 P1/4 P2) and 8 GT cars should make things very interesting, and very competitive!
Mon 15 Dec 2014, 20:51
For the schedule, we should go along with the 2015 wec calender. And for the empty date just see what tracks are competitive in the game.
Mon 15 Dec 2014, 21:49
Posted by woody17xFor the schedule, we should go along with the 2015 wec calender. And for the empty date just see what tracks are competitive in the game.

At this point I don't think we could really add any more dates because it would throw off the schedules we got set up for the level 1-4 series events. I get what you're saying though.

Unfortunately, we may not even be able to run Daytona for the first event as we don't know when it'll be released as DLC.
Mon 15 Dec 2014, 22:06
And I've heard through a friend who has been keeping up with the development team that the weather condition can be set by date = we can race with actual wet/dry track condition for that day.

That would be a hoot since 24h LeMans frequently has wet periods.
Mon 15 Dec 2014, 23:13
If we were to go with a semi replica WEC schedule this is what it would look like.

April 25 - Silverstone
June 6 - Le Mans
August 15 - Spa
Oct 24 - Nürburgring
Dec 12 - Japan/USA/China/Mid-East

We only have 5 dates, so no matter what some great tracks will be left off the calendar; but I think we can do a bit better than that.
Tue 16 Dec 2014, 00:19
Posted by GRD 4 3LAnd I've heard through a friend who has been keeping up with the development team that the weather condition can be set by date = we can race with actual wet/dry track condition for that day.

That would be a hoot since 24h LeMans frequently has wet periods.

Yes, the plan is to run the GSREC (and every official GSR race) with dynamic weather, so we will never know just what the conditions will be until race day. Will make things very interesting to say the least.

Some of the races will even race into the night. :)
Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:01
Posted by Mr Blonde VIf we were to go with a semi replica WEC schedule this is what it would look like.

April 25 - Silverstone
June 6 - Le Mans
August 15 - Spa
Oct 24 - Nürburgring

We only have 5 dates, so no matter what some great tracks will be left off the calendar; but I think we can do a bit better than that.

We could also have a rotating schedule besides the big two races (Daytona and Le Mans).
Wed 17 Dec 2014, 09:14
I could be wrong but from looking at WEC stuff LMP1 is all closed cockpit while LMP2 has both open and closed?
Thu 18 Dec 2014, 13:39
Well, under current ACO regulations all P1 cars are closed, yes. And most P2 cars have been open cockpit in recent years, though there seems to be a shift happening towards closed P2's.
Sun 28 Dec 2014, 20:37
Series page is now up.

www.globalsimracing.org/en/race_series/GSREC15/
Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:51
Posted by Mr Blonde VIf we were to go with a semi replica WEC schedule this is what it would look like.

April 25 - Silverstone
June 6 - Le Mans
August 15 - Spa
Oct 24 - Nürburgring

So after running the race yesterday is Silverstone still on the list, I was the only one who enjoyed that track... haha
Sun 25 Jan 2015, 23:28
I hope not. lol