Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Indy Lights Championship (Open Rank)

Sat 31 Jan 2015, 09:31

This series will take place March 14th - May 9th.

Sat 28 Mar 2015, 22:12
Very eventful race. Qualified third or fourth I believe, but got hit in the rear early, which effectively ended my chances at a top half finish. No matter...carried on and then had an accident that was entirely my fault, trying to push too hard out of the double left after the fountain, off camber.

Had a nice dice with the Kool car (was that you Blonde? we always seem to race close, and that's fun), and was shockingly running 7th at the end until I saw two cars approaching from behind. I figured they were battling for the lead and until I heard someone say "for position" it was too late, and 8th was lost. After that, I collided with someone exiting the pits and the race was over. Not sure where I finished, but the close racing with Blonde in the middle was fun. Hope I didn't bang up anyone, but I think I kept it pretty clean. It's hard on these tight street courses, with powerful open wheelers, I know. The pit exit incident could've been my fault, but it happened so quickly, not sure
Tue 31 Mar 2015, 04:34
A bid of bad and very frustrating news for me...I have to work Saturdays now from 3pm EDT to 12 midnight, at least for three months. So that means I'll miss this series unless I can get an hour off here or there or trade a schedule or two. If so, I'll be sure to let you know, so keep me on the roster. Hopefully this may change after 3 months, but I'll let you know.
Wed 01 Apr 2015, 08:44
Apparently I'll never know when I work. Jesus...
Anyway, looks like I have a week from this Saturday off, so hopefully that will allow me to make the next Lights race. Those baby's are fun.
Please just keep me on the roster and I'll do my best to let you know if I will be there or not. I'll usually have a week or two in advance, but they switched things up this time, so who knows....
Thu 02 Apr 2015, 00:47
anyone have any idea as far as laguna times yet?
Wed 08 Apr 2015, 02:16
Hi I'm a new guys and was wandering how many laps will the next race be? Also what is a representive lap time for Laguna Seca?
Wed 08 Apr 2015, 03:02
24 laps. :)
Wed 08 Apr 2015, 04:34
I've ran a few laps with the stock set up and I'm experiencing some pretty major oversteer, particularly in turns 8-10. Anyone have any advice?
Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:23
Posted by GSR Admin Team24 laps. :)
thanks! :)
Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:25
Posted by Mr Blonde VI've ran a few laps with the stock set up and I'm experiencing some pretty major oversteer, particularly in turns 8-10. Anyone have any advice?
I'm still expending oversteer but I put a heck of a lot of downforce on the car and that has made it much better. But 8 and 10 still have oversteer if you take a little to much speed into them.
Thu 09 Apr 2015, 08:07
Posted by Mr Blonde VI've ran a few laps with the stock set up and I'm experiencing some pretty major oversteer, particularly in turns 8-10. Anyone have any advice?

Blonde, I'll get on tonight and see if I have the same issues. As for tuning, I'm no expert, but I'll tinker and report.
Fri 10 Apr 2015, 05:39
Hey guys I may miss the Laguna Seca race, I have some stuff to do for my brothers wedding but hopefully I can still make it but no promises.
Fri 10 Apr 2015, 09:42
Blonde, the best way I know to get through the fast left after the bridge (that's turn 8?) is to simply let off the gas and turn is very precisely and at a very constant speed. It's always tempting to stay on the gas through there, but it's deadly.

Good example: www.youtube.com/watch
Fri 10 Apr 2015, 17:44
If we start on time I should be able to make the race.
Sat 11 Apr 2015, 06:02
I'll be racing down in Springfield tomorrow, so I won't be able to make it.
Sat 11 Apr 2015, 08:04
Made some pretty good progress with the tune, especially the camber and springs/ARBs. Got down to 1:18.5. This is such a fun track, and I'm still kicking myself for not going to see the races during the Monterrey Car Festival back a year ago from last August. If anyone wants the open tune that's no problem, but remember, you get what you pay for.
Sat 11 Apr 2015, 08:11
Reminder that round 3 of the Indy Lights championship is TODAY at Laguna Seca!

Warmup: 2:00pm eastern / 7:00pm gmt

Qualifying (10 minutes): 3:00pm eastern / 8:00pm gmt

Race (24 laps): 3:20pm eastern / 8:20pm gmt

HOST: Blonde
Sat 11 Apr 2015, 16:28
This car has stupidly high grip at front relative to the rear. To remove overseer, add rear downforce and take off the front. 1:16.9
Sun 12 Apr 2015, 00:26
Sorry I missed the race guys, work :/
Sun 12 Apr 2015, 00:38
Laguna Seca results have been posted and standings updated.
Sun 12 Apr 2015, 17:24
Anyone turned any laps at Road America yet? I might be able to make this one and was wondering what a good time is.