Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Classic American Muscle: Season 3 (FM Level 1)

Wed 27 May 2015, 05:23

All discussion related to season 3 of the Classic American Muscle (CAM) series goes here!

Series page and sign up coming soon!

June 7 - Laguna Seca x2
June 28 - Long Beach x2
July 19 - Indianapolis GP x2
August 9 - Road Atlanta x2
August 30 - Sebring x2

*All races will start at 12:00pm eastern / 5:00pm gmt

Fri 03 Jul 2015, 08:27
Is anyone running practice laps at Indy for the next race? Just curious what your lap times are. After about 10 laps with some minor tune tweaking, I am at 01:46.157 as my best lap. that is also with a new car I am not used to just yet.

Speaking of new car, are we allowed to switch cars within the series? Can we run with one car in one race and a different car in the next as long as they are one of the approved cars and with the appropriate upgrade specs?
Sat 04 Jul 2015, 00:27
Once you race with a car in a series we will generally ask that you stay with that car.
Sat 04 Jul 2015, 03:41
Fair enough. I have not actually raced with one yet since I missed last week, but I will stick with my original choice, only fair.
Mon 06 Jul 2015, 08:59
Posted by Southside 325Is anyone running practice laps at Indy for the next race? Just curious what your lap times are. After about 10 laps with some minor tune tweaking, I am at 01:46.157 as my best lap. that is also with a new car I am not used to just yet.

If you need a benchmark, my best lap after about 10 laps is 1:40.8. Club record is 1:38.401.
Sun 12 Jul 2015, 04:04
Man I am doing something wrong. I cannot crack 1:46 and am having a hell of a time keeping this pig on the track. Getting really frustrated.
Sun 12 Jul 2015, 07:55
If anyone is willing, I posted a video of a few practice laps around Indy to see what I am doing wrong. I know my line is off on come corners, but the issue I am having is I have to slow down so much to get the right line that my time ends up pretty much the same or slower. Anyway, here is the link. www.youtube.com/watch

Most likely it's because I'm a Mustang fan driving a Camaro. ;)
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 00:17
I'm going to be running some practice throughout the week, ill be sure to send you an invite!
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 02:50
Posted by Southside 325If anyone is willing, I posted a video of a few practice laps around Indy to see what I am doing wrong. I know my line is off on come corners, but the issue I am having is I have to slow down so much to get the right line that my time ends up pretty much the same or slower. Anyway, here is the link. www.youtube.com/watch

Most likely it's because I'm a Mustang fan driving a Camaro. ;)

Southside, I've watched the video and your line is VERY conservative and frequently entering the corner too late. You've got have one of the front tires driving over the curb/apex in just about every corner on this track.

There are several ghost replays in the Rivals mode (easily noticeable by the low PI numbers). Try following a ghost that's about 1~2 seconds faster. If you can beat it, try the next fastest, etc.
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 05:08
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I was doing some research online earlier and discovered my lines were pretty bad. That is a great idea about the ghost car. I will be practicing more tonight. Thanks again!
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 06:37
Alright, So I followed Mr Blonde around for several laps in Rivals. His lap time in the Cuda was 01:41.787. My previous best was 01:46.157. After chasing the Ghost around for a while, I was able to cut my time down to 01:43.971. Almost 3 seconds off my previous time. I think after tweaking with my Diff settings and ARB settings, I can probably shave another second to second and a half off. The back end is pretty squarely and it likes to oversteer a lot. I gotta see if I can get that under control and have another go at it.
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 19:40
Congratulations!

If the back end is sliding a lot, it's a sign that the rear suspension is too stiff compared to the front. On this build you can only adjust ARB (I think) so I recommend decreasing the rear until it accepts power to your liking. Then you can tinker around with the diff.
Sun 19 Jul 2015, 09:23
Well, after some adjustments to the car, I am down to 01:43.829. Going to have to be good enough for this race tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help everyone. Shaving almost 3 seconds is pretty big. That's a half minute throughout the course of a 12 lap race.
Cheers!
Sun 19 Jul 2015, 18:46
I have to help a friend move today, so I won't be able to make the races.
Sun 09 Aug 2015, 09:05
Reminder that rounds 7 and 8 are TODAY at Road Atlanta!

Warmup: 11:00am eastern / 4:00pm gmt

Race 1: 12:00pm eastern / 5:00pm gmt

Race 2: After race 1. :)

HOST: Mr Blonde
Sun 30 Aug 2015, 18:44
Here.
Sun 20 Sep 2015, 20:49
Congratulations to GRD 4 3L for winning Series 3 of the (abridged) Classic American Muscle championship! GRD scored 4 victories in 6 races on the way to his 2nd Global Sim Racing championship.