Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

GT4 North American Cup (PC Level 2)

Fri 15 May 2015, 09:53

All discussion related to the GT4 North American Cup goes here!

Series page and sign up coming soon!

June 13 - Watkins Glen x2
July 11 - Road America x2
August 1 - Willow Springs x2
August 29 - Sonoma x2

*All races will start at 3:00pm eastern / 8:00pm gmt

*Start IGT will vary

Sun 12 Jul 2015, 03:01
At least you got to start (somewhat) the first race.
Sun 12 Jul 2015, 08:11
Posted by Nightmare x24xAt least you got to start (somewhat) the first race.

Yes, exactly. Sorry for what happen to you that first race. My ffb just disappeared upon the start of the first race. This is a known issue. Many leagues do a pace lap because of this, but I understand if it's not a problem here for the majority (maybe on a pad?).
As for the game, to me it's in an entirely different/higher category than FM5 when it comes to actual racing, immersion, and physics. It's a real SIM. Too bad there are so many bugs. Bring on patch 2.0!
Sun 12 Jul 2015, 18:48
I had my FFB die when we first tried to do the Ginetta race. I think it happens if you snap or go back to the home area. Sometimes you can fix it by unsnapping then going back to the home area and pressing A on the wheel to go back to Project Cars. The bugs do let this game down right now, but there is the kernel of a good race sim there. They need to work on the netcode too, some of the other cars were rubber-banding back and forward all down the straights....

The final standings were all wrong too. Nightmare I'm sure you won (by a mile lol), but it said Premier won in the post-race standings :S
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 04:11

Yeah, somewhat. Really just frustrated at the whole thing with people joining and having it freeze the screen in practice and qual, impossible to get a lap in. Then the game crashes. Then in the race my tires wouldn't heat up even though the tires were supposed to be heated from the start of the race in GT4's.
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 04:18
Sounds like you didn't have fun amp
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 04:19
Posted by The1PLUS2Rieck

Yeah, somewhat. Really just frustrated at the whole thing with people joining and having it freeze the screen in practice and qual, impossible to get a lap in. Then the game crashes. Then in the race my tires wouldn't heat up even though the tires were supposed to be heated from the start of the race in GT4's.

:(
Mon 13 Jul 2015, 18:20
Posted by The1PLUS2Rieck

I've only told you from day 1 that this game sucks. I had more fun sliding around the 67 F1 car in Forza 5 yesterday then anything I've done on Project Cars Beta....... I'll do some more F5 stuff until F6 comes out in Sept.
Mon 27 Jul 2015, 10:17
Hi all, how is everybody getting on with Road America
Also on a side note the times set by the AI in a quick race weekend seem unbeatable even at 90%
Any tips or suggestions welcome.
Sat 01 Aug 2015, 00:33
I'm not going to be able to make the races this Saturday. My brother is coming up for a visit.
Sat 01 Aug 2015, 08:38
Sadly I'm probably not going to be able to make the race either
Sat 01 Aug 2015, 09:05
This game is in an entirely higher class than Forza5 since it's a true SIM. While Forza has made improvements in handling, it's not even close. It's controller friendly and wheel terrible. Just the opposite of what racing is. But it is stable. And it is pretty. lol. And better than GTA I'm sure!

Multi-player is still a pain in the ass, I'll grant you that, but I have run approximately 15 league races besides here where nobody (8-14) got dropped (you have to be in party chat or Skype and not pit if you can help it). SMS claims the pit bug (stuck) is caused by another car being in the pits at the same time, so pitting is risky. But it's not needed here. But enough about how escape the bugs, if I get an invite I'll be there. Great track...great cars. Everyone says the Mustang is the wost pick. Figures I'd be fastest in it. :-/
Sat 01 Aug 2015, 19:11
Doesn't look like I'll be making the race either sorry.
Sat 01 Aug 2015, 21:07
I'll have a 30 minute practice session going around 2:30pm eastern/ 7:30pm gmt for those racing in today's race. Races will be 9 laps a piece and the weather looks to be clear and sunny.
Sat 01 Aug 2015, 21:59
is there anyone I can add for an invite?
Sat 01 Aug 2015, 23:27
It's literally the last post before yours on how to join the lobby....Not hard to understand
Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:11
Unfortunately a 0% chance of rain for Saturday but it is supposed to be hot as hell, can we replicate that at least?
Thu 27 Aug 2015, 20:16
I think the game simulates it being hot as hell - did a few laps with date set to today, time 3pm and clear weather, and the tyres last maybe 2 laps before they all overheat in the extreme lol. I'm pretty sure my front left tyre was actually hotter than the Sun :D
Thu 27 Aug 2015, 21:10
Yeah but I have that problem at every track in GT4 and GT3 cars.
Sat 29 Aug 2015, 18:09
Hey guys, is this series full? I'm newly qualified but there is no Join button. Thanks.
Sat 29 Aug 2015, 19:12
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxHey guys, is this series full? I'm newly qualified but there is no Join button. Thanks.
No series can ever get full. You just missed the point of signing up. You can race and will be manually added to the standings after the race.