Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2016 Formula One World Championship (F1 Open Rank)

Fri 26 Aug 2016, 07:03

Since GSR was founded in early 2013, you F1 types have asked the question "Are we going to run on F1?" Well, the day has finally arrived when we can say YES! It's time to get behind the wheel of the most advanced racing machines on the planet for the full 21 race 2016 Formula One World Championship!

Races will run each Saturday (with a handful of scheduled off weeks) at 12:00pm eastern, beginning with the Australian Grand Prix October 1st.

To enter this championship, you must have a driver ranking of 25 or higher.

Full details and sign up to come!

Fri 26 Aug 2016, 08:42
The last F1 game I played was 2012; and it's been years since I've watched the real life series; safe to say I'm going to have my work cut out for me in this one. I'll need to start doing some research on modern F1, learning tracks etc. Very excited to finally race in Canada!
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 19:20
Are the PCars races being moved back or to a different day? Or will this not affect it at all?
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 19:59
I believe the F1 Series will be held before the PCars series on the same day, so two games, 2 series, 1 day.

I'm so bad at this game but I must admit I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Definitely a different feeling than PCars and Forza. Excited for the series.
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:02
When I was researching wheels the Inside Sim Racing guys said that the G920 felt the best on F1 2015 so I'm assuming it would be the same with 2016. I might pick this up tonight. Either way I'll have it before the first race. Also I suck at these games too lol. Also I'm looking for a teammate for this, I don't care what car we drive.
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:22
Posted by The1PLUS2RieckWhen I was researching wheels the Inside Sim Racing guys said that the G920 felt the best on F1 2015 so I'm assuming it would be the same with 2016. I might pick this up tonight. Either way I'll have it before the first race. Also I suck at these games too lol. Also I'm looking for a teammate for this, I don't care what car we drive.

Want to team with me and drive the manor
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:23
Posted by dakinca91
Posted by The1PLUS2RieckWhen I was researching wheels the Inside Sim Racing guys said that the G920 felt the best on F1 2015 so I'm assuming it would be the same with 2016. I might pick this up tonight. Either way I'll have it before the first race. Also I suck at these games too lol. Also I'm looking for a teammate for this, I don't care what car we drive.

Want to team with me and drive the manor
Sounds good to me.
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:40
Are cars going to be set to real life or all cars are even? I prefer realistic because it's more fun to beat someone in a lesser car I think. Maybe just outlaw the mercs
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:46
Posted by dakinca91Are cars going to be set to real life or all cars are even? I prefer realistic because it's more fun to beat someone in a lesser car I think. Maybe just outlaw the mercs
I'm guessing they are gonna be even. But it really doesn't matter to me, I'll be in the back anyway at most tracks lol.
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:56
Posted by dakinca91Are cars going to be set to real life or all cars are even? I prefer realistic because it's more fun to beat someone in a lesser car I think. Maybe just outlaw the mercs

They will be balanced.
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:58
Posted by The1PLUS2RieckAre the PCars races being moved back or to a different day? Or will this not affect it at all?

This series will not conflict with our 3pm PC slot. If you're running a double on Saturday there will be more than enough time to take a break between the F1 and PC race.
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 21:23
So uh...what happened to Lotus?
Fri 26 Aug 2016, 23:28
Sold to Renault for 1Pound in The offseason.
Sat 27 Aug 2016, 16:20
So excited for this series. To participate in a weekly series for 21 races is going to be fun. Can't wait for Melbourne.
Sun 28 Aug 2016, 18:27
I'm not fast but it sounds like a blast. With a 21 race schedule there's no way I can make every race. Any chance we can do a thing where we score like the best 16 races overall? If not I understand, but might make the championship better for people who will miss races
Sun 28 Aug 2016, 18:42
I love this idea Dan. I'm in the same boat. Not sure how everyone else feels but close championships are always better right? Haha
Sun 28 Aug 2016, 21:43
I'm in! If we do the online championship, it records all scores both individual and constructors, we just have to have the same person start the lobby every race. The best 16? How would that be fair? We may just want to have a shorter season unless there is a large following, because 21 races will take quite a while to do. I'm down, but I have a feeling that some may lose interest.
Mon 29 Aug 2016, 00:24
I wont be able to do all the races either especially with it being the same day as PCars.
Mon 29 Aug 2016, 18:25
I'm really hoping we can do the online championship as well. Can I just say how much I'm loving this game. Never been much of an F1 guy but this games single player career mode is phenomenal. Can't wait until we get our championship underway and bring the real world drama to the virtual one!
Mon 29 Aug 2016, 19:12
What sort of times are people running at Australia, I'm only getting like 1:38 on a hot lap. I think I'm way off the pace.
Mon 29 Aug 2016, 21:08
Posted by dakinca91What sort of times are people running at Australia, I'm only getting like 1:38 on a hot lap. I think I'm way off the pace.
Better than me... haha but I have only done 2 clean laps. Also it was career mode... in a Manor so that probably didn't help any lol.