Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2016 Formula One World Championship (F1 Open Rank)

Fri 26 Aug 2016, 07:03

Since GSR was founded in early 2013, you F1 types have asked the question "Are we going to run on F1?" Well, the day has finally arrived when we can say YES! It's time to get behind the wheel of the most advanced racing machines on the planet for the full 21 race 2016 Formula One World Championship!

Races will run each Saturday (with a handful of scheduled off weeks) at 12:00pm eastern, beginning with the Australian Grand Prix October 1st.

To enter this championship, you must have a driver ranking of 25 or higher.

Full details and sign up to come!

Tue 30 Aug 2016, 00:54
I was going to ask the same, I'm also 1.38 ish need to run 1.36s for the tyre test but am to slow. Was also going to ask about wheels, I have the G920 and it has far too much DOR I altered one of the wheel settings in game, it's better but not brilliant, anyone had any issues?
Tue 30 Aug 2016, 01:02
Posted by Throwawaygra71I was going to ask the same, I'm also 1.38 ish need to run 1.36s for the tyre test but am to slow. Was also going to ask about wheels, I have the G920 and it has far too much DOR I altered one of the wheel settings in game, it's better but not brilliant, anyone had any issues?
It depended on the track to me. At Silverstone it felt great but at Melbourne it was horrible. I had to really adjust my brakes too.
Tue 30 Aug 2016, 01:49
After changing cars I got down to a 1:34. But maybe once all the cars are easier it will be easier to go faster.
Wed 31 Aug 2016, 17:36
I restarted a season and knocked the difficulty down as I couldn't get the times for tyre test, and then just read today that the track gets faster as the weekend goes on so now I am wishing I had left it. I also read about the Xbox version being the hardest to handle and the top you tubers are putting the traction control to medium which I have also done and was wondering if this is going to be allowed in the GSR races? I hope so as it is a lot better, maybe a bit strong think if there was another setting it would have been better still.
What sort of difficulty are other people playing in and is anyone using any assists?
Wed 31 Aug 2016, 17:46
I am like 99% sure it is not allowed.
Wed 31 Aug 2016, 20:35
Hey Throwaway, are you doing a career or a Pro career? If it's a standard career you can change the difficulty before each session. If it's Pro, it's locked. This way you can adjust the difficulty as needed. I'm doing this now, bumping it up as I get more used to the game.

And I've read the same about the tc assist, although I'm getting used to not having it. I just have to be delicate getting on the power.
Wed 31 Aug 2016, 22:30
I was under the impression no abs would be used.
Side note, if you want to get your as$ kicked drive a Manor then switch to any decent car and its night and day.
Wed 31 Aug 2016, 23:26
Posted by dakinca91I was under the impression no abs would be used.
Side note, if you want to get your as$ kicked drive a Manor then switch to any decent car and its night and day.
I'll try that out this weekend.... the Manor is just shit everywhere lol.
Wed 31 Aug 2016, 23:35
Series details are currently being sorted out. Stay tuned.
Thu 01 Sep 2016, 00:21
Yea Manor is very difficult. I've been driving the force India it's much easier to driver and get power down. I would imagine a Mercades or red bull are even better to drive.
Thu 01 Sep 2016, 01:42
Posted by dakinca91Yea Manor is very difficult. I've been driving the force India it's much easier to driver and get power down. I would imagine a Mercades or red bull are even better to drive.
Force India is usually my go to career starter team, I just love the way the cars look. I took the Haas car around Silverstone and it felt good.
Thu 01 Sep 2016, 01:46
Yeah I'm just on standard career I'll have a look for the difficulty thing, when I restarted I was only in practice in Australia so it wasn't a bigy
Fri 02 Sep 2016, 23:19
Here are a few details, guys.

- Races will be 50% distance

- No assists

- F1 point system (top 10 earn points)

- Cars will be balanced

- Constructor's Championship as well as Driver's Championship. Meaning our standard in house team format (SECR, First Capital, MBI, Raptor etc) is not in play. Teams will be Ferrari, Manor etc.

Detailed calendar is currently being worked on, but the Australian Grand Prix will be held October 1st. Stay tuned!
Sat 03 Sep 2016, 00:12
Can we have more than 2 cars per team? If three people wanted to run a Ferrari?
Sat 03 Sep 2016, 00:23
Posted by TopSoCalledGearCan we have more than 2 cars per team? If three people wanted to run a Ferrari?

As an unofficial overseer for this series, no, lol. 2 cars = 1 team.
Sat 03 Sep 2016, 00:49
Correct. 2 drivers per team. It's difficult to envision us getting more than 22 entries, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Sat 03 Sep 2016, 01:07
So if I sign up late I'm going to get stuck in a shitty sauber or something?? Lol
Sat 03 Sep 2016, 02:05
Posted by TopSoCalledGearSo if I sign up late I'm going to get stuck in a shitty sauber or something?? Lol
Technically it won't be a "shitty" Sauber since the cars are balanced.
Sat 03 Sep 2016, 03:11
How many people are planning on doing this? MBI will have 2 teams? Samkel? A few others, I guess I'm getting at how many teams will we have?
Sat 03 Sep 2016, 03:21
Good chance we will only be right around and 10 every race.