Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

PC2 Am Series Poll - VOTE NOW - Voting ends April 12 00:00 (EDT)

Wed 04 Apr 2018, 02:55

With the Group A World Tour completed, we are now looking for the next GSR series!

Each member will get 2 votes (can vote for two series, double up on one, or just use 1 vote, it's up to you)

To vote, send your series preferences via private message to the GSR Admin Team account here on the website. Votes cast on the forum, Xbox, telegram or other methods will not count.

Voting is NOW OPEN, and will close April 12th at 00:00 (eastern).

The winning selection will begin May 12th.

The series options (and tentative schedules) are:

Caterham Cup - 2012 Caterham Sp/300.R - Sakitto (x2), Fuji (x2), Zhuhai (x2), Dubai (x2), Sportsland SUGO (x2), Ruapuna (x2)

Renault Clio Cup - 2014 Renault Clio Cup - Brands Hatch Indy (x2), Donington National (x2), Oulton Park Island (x2), Snetterton 300 (x2), Knockhill National (x2), Silverstone National (x2)

Formula C - 2016 SMS Formula C - Silverstone (x2), Monza (x2), Spa (x2), Red Bull Ring (x2), Algarve (x2), Hockenheimring (x2)

Grand Touring A - 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69 TransAm, 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione, 1973 Nissan Fairlady 240ZG TS-II, 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 - Texas RC. Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Road America, Willow Springs

Thu 05 Apr 2018, 03:25
Voting is open!
Sat 07 Apr 2018, 00:03
Update:

Voters - 9

Votes cast - 18
Wed 11 Apr 2018, 10:34
Update:

Voters - 17

Votes cast - 34
Thu 12 Apr 2018, 02:23
Just four and a half hours left to get your votes in!
Thu 12 Apr 2018, 07:42
Polls are now closed.

Results:

Grand Touring A - 11 votes

Formula C - 10 votes

Clio Cup - 7 votes

Caterham up - 5 votes

(17 of 110 members voted) (15%)

Grand Touring will begin May 12th!

*Formula C will be on the ballot next time after getting the 2nd most votes this time.
Thu 12 Apr 2018, 07:44
(17 of 110 members voted) (15%)

That's pathetic, gentlemen.
Thu 12 Apr 2018, 14:46
I totally forgot to get it in this week, crazy week with work and forgot about it.
Was going to vote clio so wouldnt have changed the outcome sadly.
Thu 12 Apr 2018, 23:19
Yay! Grand Touring A won!!
Sat 14 Apr 2018, 13:30
Posted by Mr Blonde V(17 of 110 members voted) (15%)

Maybe those series didn’t interest anyone
Sat 14 Apr 2018, 17:59
Posted by MrMarko1100
Posted by Mr Blonde V(17 of 110 members voted) (15%)

Maybe those series didn’t interest anyone

I have to agree. Caterham was already included last year and I am also not sure why one would do a Clio cup when there's so many wonderful 'beasts' available.
A matter of taste, I guess, but maybe an open poll for which class people would want to race in would give better insight.
Sat 14 Apr 2018, 21:48
Your still left with a vote then of not knowing what series will be coming up .

I’ve made suggests in the past on what in my opinion would improve things but nothing happened or changed
Sat 14 Apr 2018, 22:09
Posted by MrMarko1100Your still left with a vote then of not knowing what series will be coming up .

I’ve made suggests in the past on what in my opinion would improve things but nothing happened or changed

What does this mean? How is giving people a democratic vote on series or a poll for classes to run a bad thing? What is your suggestion(s)?

A staple of GSR is a variety of type of series exploring the breadth of available car options. This is how it’s always been. Which sets us apart from many leagues.
Sat 14 Apr 2018, 22:38
I’ll tell you how it’s a bad because no one voted for it .

I’ve suggested things before and they were ignored and offered to help setting up and organizing series and it never went anywhere as I was told it wasn’t needed

Completely agree having a variety is good but when you get 17 people out of 110 voting on 4 random series it’s not a good sign .
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 10:23
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 18:52
Gonna be totally honest not one of those cars are interesting. The Clio would be the only viable option to me because it feels like it would be a series based on driver skill vs setup. Where is GT racing other than in the endurance series???
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 19:46
Posted by MissionBULLITTGonna be totally honest not one of those cars are interesting. The Clio would be the only viable option to me because it feels like it would be a series based on driver skill vs setup. Where is GT racing other than in the endurance series???

You won't see GT3 (or P1) series on any poll because we already get 54 hours of those cars a year in the GSREC. As for GT racing, we ran GT4's to end 2017 and have another GT series starting May 12th.

Keep in mind that different people like all different kinds of racing. Some people will enter any series and enjoy it, while other will only race if it's ________. It's subjective. The point of having voting is to make sure everyone gets their say. I guess not voting is one way to have a say, though it doesn't send a very clear or effective message.
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 19:59
You mean those muscle cars at GT cars ?

Totally agree on everyone having there own tastes on what they want to drive/race as everyone has there own opinion .

But even you were clearly annoyed by the low turn out of voters .

Doesn’t have to be more gt3 or lmp1 racing but I’d say maybe something like ginetta junior or gt4/5 or lmp3 would be more appealing. Even a rally cross series . Again these are only my views and opinions
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 20:20
Posted by MrMarko1100You mean those muscle cars at GT cars ?

Totally agree on everyone having there own tastes on what they want to drive/race as everyone has there own opinion .

But even you were clearly annoyed by the low turn out of voters .

Doesn’t have to be more gt3 or lmp1 racing but I’d say maybe something like ginetta junior or gt4/5 or lmp3 would be more appealing. Even a rally cross series . Again these are only my views and opinions

I've always been annoyed and confused with low voter turnout because to abstain from voting as a way to make yourself heard makes zero sense.

We ran GT4 from October 17th to December 21st. It was literally the last series of 2017.

Rallycross was on a poll last Autumn and earned very few votes. If I remember correctly, it came in 4th.
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 20:41
I do agree that there could be more variety in the series proposed, and you can’t please any of the people any of the time. However I think the voter number/turnout is directly related to member activity, out of those 110 people on the books, how many actually race? I reckon it’s closer to 20-30 people, gsrec excluded.

How do we attract more people?
Discord, to keep people involved on a daily basis, let them organise casual lobbies mid week/ when people are around. Build a community that’s self serving to a large degree.
Also streaming more content , with commentary if possible. Streaming is big, will only get bigger, look at what acr (actrolvision) are doing, basically streaming 3-5times a week. Ok that’s too much for us but it brings the members in.
Possibility of feeder series, say lmp2/3 to be eligible for lmp1, or gt5 to gt4/3.
Multi class one off races, spec one off races, whacky races just for fun.
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 20:51
Cont... have a weekly/bi-weekly time trial.
Nobody wants to create more admin, which I understand is a pain for those that run everything.
I’d even advocate relaxing the lobby/host setup, so anyone can run a lobby if the admins aren’t around.

A better points/scoring system - might need someone to look at your backend 😜🙀