Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

PC2 Am Series Poll - VOTE NOW - Voting ends April 12 00:00 (EDT)

Wed 04 Apr 2018, 02:55

With the Group A World Tour completed, we are now looking for the next GSR series!

Each member will get 2 votes (can vote for two series, double up on one, or just use 1 vote, it's up to you)

To vote, send your series preferences via private message to the GSR Admin Team account here on the website. Votes cast on the forum, Xbox, telegram or other methods will not count.

Voting is NOW OPEN, and will close April 12th at 00:00 (eastern).

The winning selection will begin May 12th.

The series options (and tentative schedules) are:

Caterham Cup - 2012 Caterham Sp/300.R - Sakitto (x2), Fuji (x2), Zhuhai (x2), Dubai (x2), Sportsland SUGO (x2), Ruapuna (x2)

Renault Clio Cup - 2014 Renault Clio Cup - Brands Hatch Indy (x2), Donington National (x2), Oulton Park Island (x2), Snetterton 300 (x2), Knockhill National (x2), Silverstone National (x2)

Formula C - 2016 SMS Formula C - Silverstone (x2), Monza (x2), Spa (x2), Red Bull Ring (x2), Algarve (x2), Hockenheimring (x2)

Grand Touring A - 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69 TransAm, 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione, 1973 Nissan Fairlady 240ZG TS-II, 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 - Texas RC. Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Road America, Willow Springs

Mon 16 Apr 2018, 21:21
Some interesting ideas in there for sure, Dead Arm!

I say our member count is at 110, but to be honest that's only because I have fallen behind in removing accounts of people who haven't signed in for a 6 month period. I plan to take care of that task this week.

The idea of encouraging people to host their own mid-week/Sunday events is excellent. We've had the Community Events/Series section of our forum since the beginning of GSR for exactly that purpose. :) However, people rarely take advantage of it, which is unfortunate.

You're 100% spot on about streaming/broadcasting.

I've always fantasized about the idea of feeder series and promotion/relegation...but a limited number of active members at any given time has always prevented it from becoming a reality. I don't believe people have the commitment/patience for that. Though I guess we sort of used to do something like that with our old ranking system? (Good goodness that was a lot of work! lol)
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 21:29
Discord....I've looked into it since you recently mentioned it to me. I'll be honest and say I'm not totally sold on it just yet. True there are some features we could use...but ultimately isn't it just another thing to keep people away from using our site for it's intended purpose? As long as I'm paying for the website ideally I'd like to try to focus as many eyes on it as possible to justify the money spent. I'd agree our website is showing it's age (I think it was designed in 2011!), and we've looked at creating a brand new one...but ultimately we decided against it. I'm sure we will look at it again though.

As for the point system...well our website makes it pretty limited, but BCK has a greater understanding of the website than I do, so I'm sure he would have more to say about that than I do.
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 22:12
I sorta understand the perspective on GTs based on the fact that there is 56 hours of them but in between we get nothing besides old cars and more old cars. Speaking for myself, historic cars are nice but I crave driving the cars of today. I feel like we are missing the opportunities that Forza created thanks to it's variety while still staying current/relevant to what we can watch week to week. As for voting/race turnout... there's just too much down time between events for some of us. In my case as after Group C concludes I'm gonna be on a month long break until Le Mans solely because there's nothing in my wheelhouse.
Tue 17 Apr 2018, 10:22
I would be very much into a p2/3 series and a tt event. I also think discord would be a pretty decent way to open things up. I’ve casually ran with some of the srl people on a Friday night simply because I knew they were on due to their discord.
Tue 17 Apr 2018, 20:25
Posted by WGIstation6aI also think discord would be a pretty decent way to open things up. I’ve casually ran with some of the srl people on a Friday night simply because I knew they were on due to their discord.

It’s for this reason I think it’s a good idea. People can just chat, organise lobbies and even play other games together. Just a much more instant way to build a sense of community and belonging.

The website will always be used for keeping records, sorting the calendar and features such as Marko’s write-ups and BCK’s spotter guides etc. It’s not a replacement, but just another tool in the arsenal. Anyway, I’ll stop banging on about it (for now).