Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

REAL WORLD ASSISTS POLL OPEN NOW: ENDS JUNE 1st 00:00 EASTERN / 05:00 BST

Thu 25 May 2017, 09:24

The question of implementing the use of real world assists recently came up amongst the admins (BCK, Blonde, GRD, Maverick & Nightmare).

The option of exploring it further went to an admin vote and passed 3-2. We will now hold an all members vote to decide if we will implement:

- The immediate use of real world assists for all applicable races. (eg: Project CARS) Forza 6 races remain no assists, as "real world assists" is not currently a lobby option on Forza Motorsport.

The poll is open NOW and will close June 1st at 00:00 eastern / 05:00 BST

To vote, reply YES or NO via the ballot that has been sent to your website inbox from the GSR Admin Team account. Votes cast on this thread, Xbox, telegram or other methods will not count.

Thu 25 May 2017, 22:31
Interesting proposal. I've never ran with any assists but I can see it makes sense. I might have to do some testing before I cast my vote.
Thu 25 May 2017, 23:13
Posted by Dead Arm TzarInteresting proposal. I've never ran with any assists but I can see it makes sense. I might have to do some testing before I cast my vote.

An informed voter. Interesting concept. lol
Fri 26 May 2017, 19:07
I think the no assists is what keeps GSR unique from most other leagues .
Fri 26 May 2017, 21:42
^
Im with MrMarko1100...110%
Fri 26 May 2017, 22:07
My gut reaction was the same. But in fairness if the cars should have abs/whatever then surely from a realism POV it makes sense to run with real assists. I haven't had chance to run any tests yet and I'm keeping my mind open. Let's run some laps and then decide, no?
Fri 26 May 2017, 23:04
I agree dead arm it should be tested first . I'm just looking at it from the point of view that it's what keeps gsr different from other leagues .
Fri 26 May 2017, 23:40
I'm with you, one of the things that attracted me to GSR was the no assist racing. I don't race in any other leagues like yourself, and I think this could be quite a pivotal decision in GSR history. If we're a no assists league then that's totally ok with me, however if we're going for realism then I think that everyone should seriously consider it.

I also think that any current series should continue as is and any new series abide by the new ruling (should it be for real assists).
Sat 27 May 2017, 00:36
#DeadArmForPrimeMinister
Sat 27 May 2017, 01:10
Game assist are not realistic, no where to close.
Sat 27 May 2017, 01:23
Only reason I joined GSR is because of the no assist and competitiveness against other skillful drivers that know how to handle a race car and have amazing throttle control. Which at least made me wanna try harder to be a better driver and not just go and turn TCS or ABS on for that slight advantage.
I've always been an assist off guy, because like I say said...game assist are not realistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you.
Sat 27 May 2017, 04:37
If they got it in reality I'm for it being in our virtual reality. But I'm here either way.
Mon 29 May 2017, 22:08
Reminder that this poll closes Thursday at 00:00 eastern / 05:00 BST. Have your say.
Thu 01 Jun 2017, 05:00
2 hours left to go.
Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:14
Yes - 9

No - 12

Total votes - 21

Voter turnout - 28%

Assists will be remain OFF for all official GSR races.
Thu 01 Jun 2017, 14:14
Closer than I thought it would be. Shame we didn't get a higher turn out.
Thu 01 Jun 2017, 23:29
In my personal opinion, I don't mind if people use assists and I think people think they are hardcore for not using them. When I first started playing forza I used auto gears racing line traction control and abs and my mate took the pxxs all the time and in the end I was only using abs as I struggled with braking with the controller. But I used to say to my mate that the assists should make you slower if used not make you faster(they never made me faster, I think that would take a miracle)
But on the subject of assists colibrim noticed that steering assist was allowed in your lobbies and I wonder how many have this on?