Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2013 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (PC-Pro)

Tue 18 Apr 2017, 07:21

Meisterschaft beginnt am 13. Mai!

Wed 24 May 2017, 20:56
I'm out this weekend cause I'm going to a rap concert.

Oh, and that thing called the Indy 500.
Wed 24 May 2017, 23:15
Posted by dakinca91I'm out this week due to Indianapolis related commitments

Thanks for the heads up. Enjoy.
Wed 24 May 2017, 23:26
Posted by Murphys LaaawlI'm out this weekend cause I'm going to a rap concert.

Oh, and that thing called the Indy 500.

I didn't expect the rap concert part.
Thu 25 May 2017, 17:39
I too am out this week because I'm out of town visiting family, on yeah and Indy. That's what the cool kids say right?
Thu 25 May 2017, 21:11
Is anybody racing on Saturday??

Also, can we clarify the time of day the races will run at. Was a bit of annoying last week in the lmp3, where those of us who'd read the forums and had practiced for the appropriate time got shafted by committee in the lobby.
Thu 25 May 2017, 21:34
I'll be there!

Yes I heard there was a bit of lobbying in the lobby last weekend. lol

Race 1 - 12:00

Race 2 - 21:00
Thu 25 May 2017, 21:59
Going to be at a White Sox game Saturday, so I won't make it.
Thu 25 May 2017, 22:25
Glad to hear it Mr Blonde. It could be just me and you on the podium with a spare bottle of champagne at this rate.

Thanks for the IGSTs. The worse bit was the sun coming up at the hairpin and last corner. Me n'copper spent many laps behind each other hoping the one in front got it right!
Fri 26 May 2017, 07:59
I'll have that spare bottle, Dead Arm 😉
Hopefully need to race somebody for it, though.
See you guys on Saturday.
Fri 26 May 2017, 22:10
I'll look forward to locking horns, if not wheels with you basher. There's still a vacant space in my team should you or anyone wish to join.
Sat 27 May 2017, 04:30
Rounds 3 & 4 have been postponed due to so many drivers being unable to make the races. See you all on the 24th at the Nurburgring!
Sat 27 May 2017, 04:36
Oh man good thing I was gonna miss this being at lime rock for perreli world challenge
Sat 27 May 2017, 09:26
Obviously i am not really happy. There is a rule regarding missing races and still earning points. No worries there.
What is the official minimum number of drivers?
Sat 27 May 2017, 09:56
Posted by LMP BasherObviously i am not really happy. There is a rule regarding missing races and still earning points. No worries there.
What is the official minimum number of drivers?

The minimum we have always gone with is 3. I'd like to race too, but the absolute most we would be looking at is 5...I've done a lot of races with 5 and fewer people over the years and it's really no fun at all. It's a holiday weekend in America, so I'll take the blame for scheduling it in the first place.

We aren't ditching the Brands Hatch races, we are just moving them to the end of the calendar.

I know it's bullshit, but compete in as many races with a shit turnout as I have and you'll understand. lol
Sat 27 May 2017, 10:31
I'll add a bit of personal commentary to this situation...

In my opinion it's an absolute joke that 5 people not making a date forces the postponement of races. I'm not attempting to call out the guys who are away from home on a long weekend; we have 71 other members here who could be on the grid. With 76 members, 5 guys should not be making up half the field in the first place. Especially when you consider this championship (along with every series we run) exists due to it winning a vote...the fact that we only have 11 entries to begin with is a fuckin' joke. I'm not saying every member should be entering every series. BCK and myself more or less do that, and I wouldn't wish that burden of commitment on anyone; but with 76 members chipping in, there isn't a reason why we shouldn't be getting full lobbies week in and week out. Sim racing is fun, isn't that why all 76 of us are in GSR to begin with? :)

P.S. I'm not nearly as annoyed as I seem. I just don't understand it. lol
Sat 27 May 2017, 10:52
Thanks Blonde, for your comments and elaboration.
It is, indeed, hard to understand why not almost all members are participating in the races. I can, however, understand the frustration for the admins as a result of this.
That being said, I am doing some virtual tire-shredding for about two years now and did enjoy races with 3-5 people. Especially if the level of drivers is quite equal it will still be lots of fun. Also, with the full grid already being as small as it is, this situation might occur again sooner than later.
All is up to you admins, though!
Sat 27 May 2017, 14:01
It is disappointing that we're having to postpone this race. Yes maybe scheduling the race the same weekend as Indy was a bit ambitious.
That said it's mostly the same 10-12 people that sign up for most series. How we can change that around I don't know but as you say with 70+ members who should be participating, getting a grid slot should be a fight in itself.
Yes summer is coming and people have to go outside now and then. I try to race in every PC series, but hardly any FM series. That's down to a few things, spending more time with the family and I prefer PC to FM.

Do we need to go on a recruitment drive to up the numbers even more in the hope of getting more participants, or do we accept lower but more dedicated racers and have smaller grids in the hope we get better racing. I'd happily race against 3-5 people, provided we were all of similar levels and could have a good battle on track.
Sat 27 May 2017, 14:02
I have my pink slip for this evening so I'll be around if anyone wants to run a few laps or even have a couple of unofficial races.
Sat 27 May 2017, 18:03
I mean, I could of brought my Xbox along to try to show up but getting that thing through TSA would of been fun.

I do agree with Blonde tho. There's 76 of us and 5 guys forcing a postponement is pretty sad.
Sat 27 May 2017, 20:34
Sort of happy that this cancelled, so I get to race these are great cars.

On a completely different topic, where would I get to watch the Indy, and what time is it on?