Forgot password?

Join GSR

LMP3 Championship (PC-Am)

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 22:19

Series sign up coming soon!

The car we will be using is the Caterham SP/300R

May 6th - Rounds 1 & 2 - Dubai Autodrome - National

May 20th - Rounds 3 & 4 - Zhuhai International Circuit

June 3rd - Rounds 5 & 6 - Sakitto (Sprint)

June 17th - Rounds 7 & 8 - Brno Circuit

July 1st - Rounds 9 & 10 - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben

July 15th -Rounds 11 & 12 - Willow Springs International Motorsports Park

All race days will begin at 15:00 eastern / 20:00 gmt

Races will be a 15 minute sprint, followed by a 45 minute feature.

15 minute races will have a 10 minute qualifying session with a standing start

45 minute races will be random grid with a rolling start

Mon 01 May 2017, 05:22
Just a reminder:

Because these cars have lights, we will be using real-time conditions/time of day. That means Dubai will be run at 23:00 (night).
Mon 01 May 2017, 10:08
Posted by GSR Admin TeamWe are going to experiment with a new point structure for this series. The points themselves will remain the same; but we will introduce a new feature to help minimize the damage in the event someone is away for a race.

Each driver will be awarded last place points for the first race they miss. In this case they will be awarded points for two races, as these are double rounds.

The hope is that people won't throw in the towel after missing a weekend due to being completely out of the running as far as points go.

What if multiple drivers are missing ? Well they all receive the same number of points ?
Mon 01 May 2017, 10:14
Posted by GSR Admin Team
Posted by MrMarko1100What the crack with pit stops and qualifying and well anything else that would be useful information to have ? Rules page is typed with invisible ink.

20 minute races - standing start

40 minute races - rolling start

Qualifying - 10 minutes

No mandatory stops

Is there two qualifying session ? One for each race or is race two gridded by race one results ?
Mon 01 May 2017, 20:42
Posted by MrMarko1100
Posted by GSR Admin TeamWe are going to experiment with a new point structure for this series. The points themselves will remain the same; but we will introduce a new feature to help minimize the damage in the event someone is away for a race.

Each driver will be awarded last place points for the first race they miss. In this case they will be awarded points for two races, as these are double rounds.

The hope is that people won't throw in the towel after missing a weekend due to being completely out of the running as far as points go.

What if multiple drivers are missing ? Well they all receive the same number of points ?

Yes.
Mon 01 May 2017, 20:44
Posted by MrMarko1100
Posted by GSR Admin Team
Posted by MrMarko1100What the crack with pit stops and qualifying and well anything else that would be useful information to have ? Rules page is typed with invisible ink.

20 minute races - standing start

40 minute races - rolling start

Qualifying - 10 minutes

No mandatory stops

Is there two qualifying session ? One for each race or is race two gridded by race one results ?

We will qualify for race 1. Race 2 will be random.
Wed 03 May 2017, 21:30
I'll proabally run some laps Thursday night if anyone wants to join
Wed 03 May 2017, 22:14
Posted by dakinca91I'll proabally run some laps Thursday night if anyone wants to join

I'll be there. What time?
Wed 03 May 2017, 23:15
Who is hosting on Saturday? Please leave your gamertag
Wed 03 May 2017, 23:17
Posted by We1tyWho is hosting on Saturday? Please leave your gamertag

Me.
Thu 04 May 2017, 00:30
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by dakinca91I'll proabally run some laps Thursday night if anyone wants to join

I'll be there. What time?

9est
Thu 04 May 2017, 03:35
Posted by GSR Admin TeamJust a reminder:

Because these cars have lights, we will be using real-time conditions/time of day. That means Dubai will be run at 23:00 (night).

Is this not supposed to be level 1 (easy one)
I'm finding this track tricky enough without nighttime thrown in as well
Thu 04 May 2017, 05:35
I'm not super excited about the night time either. I'm fine with the first and 3rd sector. But the 2nd one with those really tight turns is hard. Anyone have any lap times ?
Thu 04 May 2017, 21:54
Posted by dakinca91I'm not super excited about the night time either. I'm fine with the first and 3rd sector. But the 2nd one with those really tight turns is hard. Anyone have any lap times ?

I've been stuck between 1:25 and 1:22 at best, and then suddenly i did a 1:18
But now i have to practice at night time and with no braking line. Sector 2 is the worst for me too.. the chikane is a make or break for me each and every time..

Also do you use the DRS? i find it gives maybe 10 km/h extra on the start straight, but can't really figure out how to best use it
Thu 04 May 2017, 22:48
Posted by Firben
Posted by dakinca91I'm not super excited about the night time either. I'm fine with the first and 3rd sector. But the 2nd one with those really tight turns is hard. Anyone have any lap times ?

Also do you use the DRS? i find it gives maybe 10 km/h extra on the start straight, but can't really figure out how to best use it

That's an excellent question, actually. lol
Thu 04 May 2017, 23:34
AS far as I know you can only use the KERS 10 times in a race/session. It's push to pass, but doesn't recharge. You may need to map a button to use it, depending how you have your controller/wheel setup.
Thu 04 May 2017, 23:40
Posted by Dead Arm TzarAS far as I know you can only use the KERS 10 times in a race/session. It's push to pass, but doesn't recharge. You may need to map a button to use it, depending how you have your controller/wheel setup.

Good info!
I guess the best place to use it is on the exits into a straight, but how does it actually work? there is no indication on the screen that it is beeing used, other than the kers bar depleting.
Is it a press and let go button (in order to count times used) or do you keep it pressed like the kers used to be in the F1 games?
Based on how i seem to use it, the harder you press that button, the faster it goes. Also holding your breath during the twitchy part helps ;) as well as closing your eyes when passing
Fri 05 May 2017, 14:22
Impromptu practice tonight for LMP3 tonight anyone?
Fri 05 May 2017, 14:22
Posted by Murphys LaaawlImpromptu practice tonight for LMP3 tonight anyone?

Yes. What time?
Fri 05 May 2017, 17:41
Posted by Firben
Posted by Dead Arm TzarAS far as I know you can only use the KERS 10 times in a race/session. It's push to pass, but doesn't recharge. You may need to map a button to use it, depending how you have your controller/wheel setup.

Good info!
I guess the best place to use it is on the exits into a straight, but how does it actually work? there is no indication on the screen that it is beeing used, other than the kers bar depleting.
Is it a press and let go button (in order to count times used) or do you keep it pressed like the kers used to be in the F1 games?
Based on how i seem to use it, the harder you press that button, the faster it goes. Also holding your breath during the twitchy part helps ;) as well as closing your eyes when passing

Bwahaha! This cracked me up. This is how I race every time! I'm also down for a practice if it's late enough.
Sat 06 May 2017, 00:14
Impromptu practice will run from 8:00pm-9:00pm EST. GT: Murphy's Laaawl