Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

International Race of Champions: Season 2 (FM-Am)

Fri 09 Jun 2017, 08:03

As chosen by you, the specially modified 2002 Pontiac Trans-Am IROC cars return to GSR this Summer!

*Each driver will use a spec tune created by Nightmare

*Each driver is also required to use a variant of a spec paint scheme put together by Nightmare

July 2nd - Daytona (40 laps)
July 16th - Homestead (50 laps)
July 30th - Watkins Glen (32 laps)
August 27th - Indianapolis (38 laps)
September 10th - Rio (40 laps)
September 24th - Homestead (50 laps)

*All races will begin at 12:00 eastern / 17:00 BST

Thu 20 Jul 2017, 20:06
Anyone else not really a fan of this series? If drafting actually had any effect whatsoever it might be a bit better. We could have had pro Mazda's or Ferrari Challenge or anything else for that matter... lol
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 21:16
Posted by TopSoCalledGearAnyone else not really a fan of this series? If drafting actually had any effect whatsoever it might be a bit better. We could have had pro Mazda's or Ferrari Challenge or anything else for that matter... lol

They were only set up to draft at Daytona, they weren't meant to be wide open at the other ovals.
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 22:19
Posted by TopSoCalledGearAnyone else not really a fan of this series? If drafting actually had any effect whatsoever it might be a bit better. We could have had pro Mazda's or Ferrari Challenge or anything else for that matter... lol

This wouldn't be an issue Top if we had people actually vote instead of signing up and not contributing.
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 22:34
He is just pouting beacsue he was last at Homestead haha.

I do agree about the votes. Everyone who voted should run at least a race or 2
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 23:26
What good is the drafting at Daytona or running any oval for that matter if you cant bump draft? Anyway, just not my forte I guess. I think after voting on new series the votes should be published.
Thu 20 Jul 2017, 23:38
Posted by TopSoCalledGearWhat good is the drafting at Daytona or running any oval for that matter if you cant bump draft? Anyway, just not my forte I guess. I think after voting on new series the votes should be published.

Just because we can't bump draft (which is an issue Forza won't address) doesn't mean you can't draft altogether at Daytona. It's all about manipulating the air around your car and those around you through side draft or lagging back to get a run. Outside of that one track, we shouldn't be bump drafting anyways. I really don't see what you're getting at.
Fri 21 Jul 2017, 01:00

Not every race is going to be a pack race like Daytona. It actually makes the cars fun to drive when you have to lift off the throttle and manage it through the corners rather than just wide open. If that's what you want, you can just run the restricter-plate races on Iracing endlessly. If you don't like it, don't race. We had a good race for the lead this past weekend. I can't help that you weren't fast enough to do it. There's plenty of series that run that I don't like or have interest in on here but instead of whining about it cause I'm slow or can't drive the cars, I just choose not to enter until there's something of my interest. Maybe if more people voted you could have had your Mazda races. Nobody said you had to race in it.
Fri 21 Jul 2017, 01:02
I'm glad we're running this series. It's only 6 races and they're relatively short races.
Fri 21 Jul 2017, 16:13
Can the voting be published after it's completed? Ya that is about the only positive, that's it's only 6 races, and that we get to turn right next time lol.
Fri 21 Jul 2017, 21:13
Posted by TopSoCalledGearCan the voting be published after it's completed? Ya that is about the only positive, that's it's only 6 races, and that we get to turn right next time lol.

Why does it matter who voted for what series? Each voted counted twice as well. So if they put both votes towards IROC (like I did) than it already starts out with 2 votes.. again if you don't like the series, don't race. This series is fun. Can't wait until the Indy race..
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 03:05
Alright keyboard warrior.
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 03:30
Posted by TopSoCalledGearAlright keyboard warrior.

So it's ok for you to whine and bitch about the series and when I defend it and point out facts, that makes me a keyboard warrior? Makes sense.
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 03:56
I asked if anyone also wasn't a fan of the series. If you didn't agree you didn't have to comment.
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 04:02
Posted by TopSoCalledGearI asked if anyone also wasn't a fan of the series. If you didn't agree you didn't have to comment.[/quote

You were signed up in season 1, so I don't understand what the big surprise was this time around? If you didn't like it the first time, why sign up or race in season 2? God forbid the cars are somewhat hard to drive and not able to flat foot everywhere..
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 04:23
Your right, driving around at 170mph at daytona without bump drafting is great fun. The only thing that would make I better is if we had stage points... hahaha
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 04:46
"The series I voted for lost, so I'm going to join another one I don't like and bitch about it"
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 05:02
Don't get next to me the next few races lol.
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 05:10
If it's anything like last week, that won't happen.
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 14:56
Girls, play nice...
Sun 23 Jul 2017, 17:32
It wont be because you have to turn right.