Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

GT4 Eurasian Cup (PC2)

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:34

All discussion related to the GT4 Eurasian Cup goes here!

Round 1 - October 21st - Red Bull Ring (GP)
Round 2 - October 28th - Ruapuna Park (GP)
Round 3 - November 4th - Knockhill (International)
Round 4 - November 11th - Sugo
Round 5 - November 18th - Nurburgring (GP)
Round 6 - November 25th - Algarve
Round 7 - December 2nd - Brands Hatch (GP)
Round 8 - December 9th - Fuji

*All races will start at 15:00 eastern

*All races will be timed events (45 minutes)

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 23:13
Incidents have been reviewed from SUGO:

1. Action: Throwaway and Chatty on lap 1 in the turn 5-6 chicane. Throwaway makes contact with the rear of Chatty while attempting a pass in turn 5, causing Chatty to go through the grass in turn 6. Chatty appears to go straight for a moment before veering left into Throwaway. Whether this was intentional and retaliatory or a result of Chatty gathering the car back up and attempting to get back onto the racing line is inconclusive. Initial move by Throwaway appears avoidable, but not intentional.

Result: Chatty has been put on probation for the rest of the series for this and incidents at Ruapuna Park.

2. Action: Copper and Basher in the final turn on lap 2. Copper squeezes Basher at the exit of the turn, leading to contact and Basher spinning. More room could have been given to Basher, as there were 2 lanes open on the outside, however it doesn't appear intentional or malicious.

Result: Racing incident, no action taken.
Mon 13 Nov 2017, 23:13
(cont.)

3. Action: Welty attempts a crossover move on Dead Arm in the turn 5-6 chicane on lap 5. Welty appears to slightly mistime the move, however Dead Arm either gets loose or off of the throttle and gets wide in turn 6, leading to contact and Dead Arm spinning into the grass.

Results: Racing incident, no action taken.
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 01:43
After some deliberation between the admins, a couple of changes will be made to this series going forward:

1. The races at the Nurburgring, Algarve, and Brands Hatch will all be set at 13:00 IGST. The race at Fuji will start at 17:00 and be set to x5 time progression to give us a day to night transition.

2. Races will still use rolling starts, however, the session will be set to begin with a standing start. We will run a formation lap on our own to avoid the automated penalty system, and group up in rows of two before the start. Once the pole sitter gets to a pre-determined point on the track (the start/finish line at Nurburgring), the field is free to go. Pace speed will be set by the pole-sitter.
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 09:06
Compliments to the admins!
Hopefully the coming races will be less of a 'burden' for you guys.
Let's make it some clean races!
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 18:06
Yes, well played to the admins for sorting this stuff out. I hope we can get back to our usual ways now...
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 19:24
Can we get a designated warm up lap sleep posted so everyone know and also a point on the track for the remaining rounds where we all form up posted each week for clarification
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 21:09
Posted by MrMarko1100Can we get a designated warm up lap sleep posted so everyone know and also a point on the track for the remaining rounds where we all form up posted each week for clarification

Wow, and I thought they did a very thorough job already!
Why don't we just push them some more.. Not sure what you mean BTW. What's a warm up lap sleep?
Must be my lack of knowledge on the English/Irish language, sorry upfront..
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 21:25
Speed sorry .

Just getting all the information
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 22:24
Posted by MrMarko1100Speed sorry .

Just getting all the information

Ah, makes sense now. Warmup lap speed is implemented in PC2, I think. In AI races it is used, too, although I am not sure if this can be used for a full warm up lap or just the first few (hundreds of) meters of a rolling start race.
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:32
I think we are doing the formation lap ourselves so the game won’t assign a speed .
Wed 15 Nov 2017, 17:27
Think it said pole sitter determines the warm up lap speed, then goggles down ata predetermined point on track
Wed 15 Nov 2017, 19:50
Ah ok . Just thought it would be handy to have a set speed that’s all
Thu 16 Nov 2017, 01:29
While I like the idea of implementing our own warm up lap until they get them sorted in game. I feel that having the pole sitter call the start gives them an additional advantage to the rest of the field. I think it should be called by an admin on a five count after seeing that the field has formed up properly. It the pack is tight, call it. If it’s strung out, or someone blatantly jumps it, wave it off and do a second pace lap. To me that would be the most fair and proper way of handling the self implemented rolling starts. In the event of a jumper, they get put to the rear on the second pace lap.
Thu 16 Nov 2017, 04:00
Posted by WGIstation6aWhile I like the idea of implementing our own warm up lap until they get them sorted in game. I feel that having the pole sitter call the start gives them an additional advantage to the rest of the field. I think it should be called by an admin on a five count after seeing that the field has formed up properly. It the pack is tight, call it. If it’s strung out, or someone blatantly jumps it, wave it off and do a second pace lap. To me that would be the most fair and proper way of handling the self implemented rolling starts. In the event of a jumper, they get put to the rear on the second pace lap.

The pole sitter will only determine the pace speed.

The go-point will be the start/finish line at Nurburgring. Once the leader hits the line, the field can start accelerating. If there are any major problems we will wave off the start. Anyone who jumps the start will need to give the position(s) back or face a post-race penalty.
Thu 16 Nov 2017, 22:12
Isn’t this all unnecessary when we could have a standing start? Not trying to be difficult, just asking
Thu 16 Nov 2017, 23:32
Sorry boys im out for this weekends race ,how a 40th to get drunk at ,good luck to all .
Fri 17 Nov 2017, 05:33
Posted by Dead Arm TzarIsn’t this all unnecessary when we could have a standing start? Not trying to be difficult, just asking

We’ve got to figure out rolling starts at some point. It might as well be now.
Sat 18 Nov 2017, 08:56
Can I suggest that on Nurburgring the pole sitter slows down (gradually) to maybe 50mph between the kink on the back straight and the final chicane to allow any stragglers to catch up and then we all form up 2 by 2 after the chicane and the two lines of traffic drive over the grid slots on there respective side of the start finish straight .
Sat 18 Nov 2017, 11:08
Round 5 is TODAY at the Nurburgring (GP)!

Practice - 14:30 eastern / 19:30 GMT

Qualifying - 15:00 eastern /20:00 GMT

Race - 15:15 (ish) eastern/ 20:15 GMT

IGST - 13:00

Hosts - BCK/Maverick/Nightmare
Sat 18 Nov 2017, 19:29
Good idea Marko.

Is there a full field today? I’m actually free for maybe the last time this year.