Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

GT4 Eurasian Cup (PC2)

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:34

All discussion related to the GT4 Eurasian Cup goes here!

Round 1 - October 21st - Red Bull Ring (GP)
Round 2 - October 28th - Ruapuna Park (GP)
Round 3 - November 4th - Knockhill (International)
Round 4 - November 11th - Sugo
Round 5 - November 18th - Nurburgring (GP)
Round 6 - November 25th - Algarve
Round 7 - December 2nd - Brands Hatch (GP)
Round 8 - December 9th - Fuji

*All races will start at 15:00 eastern

*All races will be timed events (45 minutes)

Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:48
It would be nice to hear everyone communicate in the party so we’re all on the same page.

(Lookin’ at you two hot-lappers)
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:49
Posted by Nightmare x24xI for one would not be opposed to just doing standing starts at this point as somehow people keep crashing at pace speeds. The automated rolling starts are terrible at best so we can't do that.

As far as the time of which the race starts I've wondered the same thing. I had asked about that prior to the start of the season and the answer I got didn't make much sense. I've always thought we'd simulate the time of which a race like this would actually start as opposed to just real world time. A night race here or there wouldn't be a bad thing, just not all the damn time.

The only other way of having a rolling start is to have a laps race instead of timed and just add an extra lap to be the warm up . Therefore excluding and penalties for people going off etc . But I think as a whole there just a mess and a complete waste of time

There is a definite lack of communication between everyone on this site i think which isn’t helping anything .
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:51
I’m not trying to have a go at anyone I’m just saying what I think needs to be said in my opinion
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:53
Posted by MrMarko1100Marko's post

1. We've had two races with and two races without incidents. We do need to decide if we can do a rolling start without crashing or revert to a standing start

2. I had to give up time before the start to let GRD back around me, so I missed all the chaos, but I heard enough to realize there was an issue on lap 1. Send us (the admin team) some clips to take a look at and we'll impose some penalties if they are warranted.

3. The idea behind the night start was to make it as realistic as possible. I don't disagree that the novelty has worn off, though. Especially since it means that all European races with cars with headlights will be at night.

4. I love the positivity

Also, can we stop quitting out when something happens? It makes it a pain in the ass to score.
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:54
For what it's worth, I was able to save the replay. If there's any incidents that you want looked at I can find them and post them up to the club page if needed. The incident with Throway/chatty was questionable at best.
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:56
Sorry for quitting, but I would have been many laps down after an absolute shocker by my standards... Can't attend next week either
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:57
The replay also shows the order people left as the final result. I can screen shot that too. If you need.
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 00:05
1. I don’t remember having these start issues on any pc1 races I was in . So yes something does need to be done about it

2. I like you waited for grd but he didn’t get to me in time which resulted in my penalty . I think the timer was about 30 seconds . But then why should I have to wait on the warm up lap because somebody went off which effectively ruins my race also through no fault of my own .

3. I just don’t get the idea behind it . Yes having night races are fun but I think it would work out a lot better having a race go from day to night as itwoild mean the start is in daytime making it easier to see other people.

I’m just giving feedback on my thoughts of the race and how it planned out . If no one speaks up about issues how is anyone meant to know what it’s going on . As I said I’m not having a go at anyone but at times things do need to be addressed .

You could just not give points to people that don’t finish .
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 00:06
Posted by WGIstation6aThe replay also shows the order people left as the final result. I can screen shot that too. If you need.

Please do.
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 00:22
Race starts; due to the buggy way the game imposed penalties if people spin out etc, we need to revert to standing starts.

Start time; Yes the novelty has worn off. Have the majority of races at a sensible race time, 2pm etc. Have a couple of races that transition from day to night if you must.
I don’t mind racing in the dark, have no problem with vision. But it does seem counterintuitive on the whole.
Racing etiquette; people need to be more aware of what’s going on around them.
Granted, cockpit view doesn’t help, but mapping a button to look back, keeping an eye on the gaps to cars around really isn’t that difficult.
Also, bansai moves and over exuberance need to be punished. We all make mistakes, but recently it seems to have gotten out of hand.
People need to respect blue flags more, if you’re being lapped, ease off on the straight or where possible. Stop trying to claw back time that will make no difference to the end result and may cause the pasding cars to have issues
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 00:33
Okay guys, had to take this time before reacting without being too judgemental (yes, I was looking forward to this race and actually had to leave guests at my place to do this race). Yes, I am that disappointed.
I fully agree with Dead Arm. People need to be aware.
What can we do about that? The game itself obviously does not resolve this.
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 00:33
I put the screen shot on the club page. It isn't a formal results page, but it shows the relative times to the leader of every one that was in the race. In three letter abbreviated form.
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 16:58
Sorry for my overreaction last night, must be time of the month.
Mr Marko is making a lot of sense, and I know it's just a game and people don't have a lot of time with other commitments but the issues on warm up laps shouldn't happen, surely everyone should be able to complete a lap without spinning or hitting someone, I was going to say with a little practice but I don't think anyone should need any to a lap. And like marko said people should have a little patience and not try risky moves, sometimes even in RL racing cars can be a few seconds a lap quicker and struggle to get past, anyway I'm gonna stop dribbling on. Or one more thing and this was what I wanted to say, but I went off on a tangent (maybe old age) maybe if we did some practice stuff. When blonde was hosting he would have a lobby open an hour before, but maybe some practice starts might be a good idea, relying on a once a week race on a new game which the starting is new to most.
Anyway hope it gets sorted out
Sun 12 Nov 2017, 17:08
I know me and Maverick had a fantastic battle for position the whole race, which was really fun.

I even told him that I was thinking of slinging it through turn one-two on his inside. Eventually I made one attempt and almost completed it had the dog not distracted me. At that point, I was just trying to help steer his car haha.

Point is, if you’re going to make a move, I at least point it out WHERE to expect it so that way they can prepare because I about ruined Mav’s race.
Mon 13 Nov 2017, 11:27
Posted by Murphys Laaawl
...Point is, if you’re going to make a move, I at least point it out WHERE to expect it so that way they can prepare because I about ruined Mav’s race.

Are you stating we should mention every possible race move over the microphone?
Interesting suggestion.. ;-)
Mon 13 Nov 2017, 11:57
Posted by LMP Basher
Posted by Murphys Laaawl
...Point is, if you’re going to make a move, I at least point it out WHERE to expect it so that way they can prepare because I about ruined Mav’s race.

Are you stating we should mention every possible race move over the microphone?
Interesting suggestion.. ;-)

It’s aomething I’ve seen used in other leagues I’ve been in over the years . I don’t think mike is saying every move .

For me I’ve only ever said it if I’ve got a run on somebody and I’ll saying to the other driver “on your left” so they can get a mental image in there head for the next bend that there may be a car alongside them trying to pass .
Mon 13 Nov 2017, 12:56
For me personally it makes sense to inform someone you're passing when you are lapping them or passing them in multiclass races in a faster vehicle.
When you are actually fighting for positions both attacker and defender should leave enough room without having to communicate.
That being said it would be nice if the rear view mirror was working again in PC2...
For now we just have to live with actually mapping a button and looking behind you and using the proximity arrows.
Mon 13 Nov 2017, 14:21
It’s not so “Oh hey, I’m going to pass you here” it’s more during the race when you see a move that seems risky and banzai-ish that you point it out ahead of time. That way they COULD expect it if I so happen to take it.
Mon 13 Nov 2017, 19:45
I must admit in this particular battle, I knew Murphy was faster than I. Especially in the sector he called. I tried to defend as professionally as I could but it did help knowing when he might try and pass and it was where the pass ended up happening. It's tough in a battle though as you don't want to always show your cards.

Posted by LMP BasherFor me personally it makes sense to inform someone you're passing when you are lapping them or passing them in multiclass races in a faster vehicle.
When you are actually fighting for positions both attacker and defender should leave enough room without having to communicate.
That being said it would be nice if the rear view mirror was working again in PC2...
For now we just have to live with actually mapping a button and looking behind you and using the proximity arrows.

The trick I found, if you go in and edit your hud and re-save, as long as you don't mess with your hud view while in game, it'll keep the mirror.
Mon 13 Nov 2017, 21:12
I got DQ'd for exceeding pit speed limit.

1. In qualifying my sound cut out again; I could hear the chat but not car sounds. Once I quit back to garage, the sound came back.

2. On the parade lap, I remember cars slowing down in front of me and I was moving too fast. So to avoid the car in front, I moved off line which resulted in me losing control and crashing into the barrier + broken steering. I would have been perfectly happy starting last.

3. Unaware that PC2 would have problem with me out of correct starting position, I tried to get back in position.

4. Started the race (without going into pits) but my steering was shot. Finally crawled back to pits . . . and PC2 penalized me for exceeding pit speed limit and automatic DQ. I was trying to slow down.

5. I would have continued but there was no choice.

PC2 races just don't agree with me it seems . . .