Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

GT4 Eurasian Cup (PC2)

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:34

All discussion related to the GT4 Eurasian Cup goes here!

Round 1 - October 21st - Red Bull Ring (GP)
Round 2 - October 28th - Ruapuna Park (GP)
Round 3 - November 4th - Knockhill (International)
Round 4 - November 11th - Sugo
Round 5 - November 18th - Nurburgring (GP)
Round 6 - November 25th - Algarve
Round 7 - December 2nd - Brands Hatch (GP)
Round 8 - December 9th - Fuji

*All races will start at 15:00 eastern

*All races will be timed events (45 minutes)

Sun 05 Nov 2017, 02:30
Posted by LMP BasherSorry but I don't understand. The countdown clock on the site was correct, right? Next week business as usual.. back to the spare list. 😟
Hope I can race again. Had a lot of fun with Lifehigh!

The clock is counting down to 2:00 EST/6:00 GMT right now. So it's an hour off in the US at the moment.
Sun 05 Nov 2017, 17:01
Posted by MrMarko1100So since no “admins” are programmers and therefore aren’t able to work a clock . What time did tonight’s race begin at and what time will future races be starting at .

Have to say it’s bad form on the admins for not posting this information into the thread as it is normally posted each week time start times of lobbies and who the hosts are etc etc .

Well I mean, you could have posted asking what time the race started. Both sides are at fault here.

I was going to offer you a “free race” voucher for you to use but I gave it away an hour early.
Sun 05 Nov 2017, 21:59
As usual mike nothing worth while to say . Why should I as a member have to remind an admin to post the most basic of information
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 02:51
Posted by LMP Basher Hope I can race again. Had a lot of fun with Lifehigh!

That was a pretty fun chase. I thought I was going to catch up, but it wasn't in the cards. I started getting close, then you just drove away. Hopefully there will be room in the coming races to battle again.

On to Sugo, I think this is my favorite of the new tracks in the game. There's a weird time warp in the infield section, but once you get used to it it's not that bad. I already know I'm going to be off the pace a bit here though. The mustang does not shine in the corners.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 03:05
While I'm here, why do the people that miss the more populated races get less points than the people that miss the races with six people in them? I get that last place points are received for the first race missed, but shouldn't they be received equally?
/pot stirring
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 15:38
Posted by MrMarko1100As usual mike nothing worth while to say . Why should I as a member have to remind an admin to post the most basic of information

Well to actually answer your question without sounding like a smartass, you too could have asked earlier in the week what the times were since no admin posted an official time.

Yes, it’s there responsibility because they’re an admin but at the same time if you’re not sure of something, it never hurts to ask.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 17:53
A reminder, being a mod/admin is a volunteer job. As certain aspects of the site management are out of our control(access to some of the behind the scenes coding is inaccessible), a couple times a year it gets confusing due to time changes throughout the world. Therefore some responsibility should be on the participant in order to work around this. 8 people figured it out, 6 of which were members.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 19:14
Posted by Murphys Laaawl
Posted by MrMarko1100As usual mike nothing worth while to say . Why should I as a member have to remind an admin to post the most basic of information

Well to actually answer your question without sounding like a smartass, you too could have asked earlier in the week what the times were since no admin posted an official time.

Yes, it’s there responsibility because they’re an admin but at the same time if you’re not sure of something, it never hurts to ask.

Well because nothing was posted I took it that nothing had changed in regards to the times the race was taking place at . I mean it’s quite simple to log into the site on your phone and post in the forum a time change .
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 19:18
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxA reminder, being a mod/admin is a volunteer job. As certain aspects of the site management are out of our control(access to some of the behind the scenes coding is inaccessible), a couple times a year it gets confusing due to time changes throughout the world. Therefore some responsibility should be on the participant in order to work around this. 8 people figured it out, 6 of which were members.

Yes true but as I said to mike log in on your phone and post that the race is on 1 hour early . Sure you could do that while taking a crap during the day .

I barely know when my own clocks change let alone anyone else’s .

I would say out of those 6 members some where just on early to get some extra practice in . I’d be interested to see how many of them knew about the change .

So no admins can actually change anything on the site ?
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 20:16
Jesus Marko, it was just a mistake. It’s not like the world is ending. I don’t know why you have to make a big deal out of it.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 20:28
yea it sucks it happened. It could have been handled better I agree. Let’s move on and try to not get bogged down in this. Time changes are annoying and caused a mishap. Hopefully it won’t happen again. See you all out there on the virtual track soon
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 21:32
Posted by MrMarko1100I barely know when my own clocks change let alone anyone else’s .

See, that's the point though. I'm sorry it happened, but "What time is it in Dublin?" isn't exactly the first question to cross my mind every day. All the Admins, for better or worse, are North American based. Though ideally we should be on top of it, reminders from the European members about these matters would be helpful.
Mon 06 Nov 2017, 22:56
Well I must be late , what did I miss lol
Tue 07 Nov 2017, 00:06
Posted by MrMarko1100

No admin can fix the time issue with time changes.
Tue 07 Nov 2017, 20:35
I'm heading to Detroit this weekend. Won't be bringing my Xbox.
Thu 09 Nov 2017, 23:59
If I've read the forcast right, it looks like there could be rain on Saturday....
Fri 10 Nov 2017, 13:37
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lx
Posted by MrMarko1100

No admin can fix the time issue with time changes.

Time for a constructive talk .

Are you saying that someone who isn’t an admin anymore made this site from scratch or there was an admin who just knew how to set it up has since left ?
Fri 10 Nov 2017, 13:37
What time is this weekends race at ?
Fri 10 Nov 2017, 14:36
I think “this discussion” should be moved somewhere else because people that are in this series want to know what’s happening this week opposed to what already happened last week.
Fri 10 Nov 2017, 17:30
Posted by Murphys LaaawlI think “this discussion” should be moved somewhere else because people that are in this series want to know what’s happening this week opposed to what already happened last week.

Of course mike anything for you . I’ll wait for an admin to make a relevant thread to continue it on