Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

GT4 Eurasian Cup (PC2)

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:34

All discussion related to the GT4 Eurasian Cup goes here!

Round 1 - October 21st - Red Bull Ring (GP)
Round 2 - October 28th - Ruapuna Park (GP)
Round 3 - November 4th - Knockhill (International)
Round 4 - November 11th - Sugo
Round 5 - November 18th - Nurburgring (GP)
Round 6 - November 25th - Algarve
Round 7 - December 2nd - Brands Hatch (GP)
Round 8 - December 9th - Fuji

*All races will start at 15:00 eastern

*All races will be timed events (45 minutes)

Sat 21 Oct 2017, 23:36
That start was pretty bad...
Somebody further in the front spun off during the formation lap, and couldn't get back within the 5 sec i had to give back the position. That gave more or less half of the grid a 5 sec penalty.

Then at the last corner before the start, i got disqualified, for starting in the wrong position (i think). Pretty sad about this, because i had practiced a lot on this track, was beginning to like it, and also the car. Anyway.. will miss the next one, but will be around for the one after. Good thing i probably wouldn't have scored many points anyway
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 00:43
how have 18 people scored points when on 16 entered ?
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 01:03
So, how was the race?
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 01:24
Posted by MrMarko1100how have 18 people scored points when on 16 entered ?

Everyone signed up will get last place points for the first race they miss.
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 01:30
right .... ok then
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 01:32
That formation lap was a mess. The last 4-5 cars got stacked up in turn 2 and running into the back of Basher gave me a drive-through penalty. The same thing seemed to have happened headed into turn 7 while everyone was trying to double up. I had to give up at least 10 seconds to wait for the crashed cars to pass me so I could fall back into my starting position.

Suck for everyone who was DQed/penalized for that. It looks like might have to practice some formation laps before Ruapuna next week.
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 01:56
or a standing start ? just remove the issue entirely
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 02:08
I managed to dodge the accident in the formation lap but was out of position and was eventually DQ'd because of it, however if I stopped then I would've been DQ'd for insufficient progress. You'd think that a simple formation lap, even in single file, would be easy to accomplish.
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 02:09
Posted by GSR Admin Team
Posted by MrMarko1100how have 18 people scored points when on 16 entered ?

Everyone signed up will get last place points for the first race they miss.

Please add me to the league. I asked before the race to be added to ThorZA16 in XCiTE Racing since the website refuses to let me join it.
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 03:31
Posted by Mystic x Block

Please add me to the league. I asked before the race to be added to ThorZA16 in XCiTE Racing since the website refuses to let me join it.

Added. Sorry about that, we had a full lobby today.
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 09:44
You could nearly run two lobbies, 24 signed up that's really good lets hope it keeps up
Colibrim also asked before the race to join if you could put him on my team please.
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 15:48
can do a rolling start without the formation lap, still have to keep the position manually it just start near the last corner.

as for me, power went out, congrats to the podium guys
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 20:47
Congratulations to Welty on another victory! And special mention to iloveboosting and Chatty for podium finishes in their GSR debuts...pretty impressive, fellas!
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 20:50
Posted by Mr Blonde VCongratulations to Welty on another victory! And special mention to iloveboosting and Chatty for podium finishes in their GSR debuts...pretty impressive, fellas!

Yes guys well done indeed . The write up has been sibmitted . I’m just waiting for it to be uploaded . I’m quite happy with this one I have to admit
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 21:56
Posted by Mr Blonde VCongratulations to Welty on another victory! And special mention to iloveboosting and Chatty for podium finishes in their GSR debuts...pretty impressive, fellas!
Thanks!

Is that double figures now? I believe so... Let's make it a 1-2 next time aye Chatty? :P
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 22:02
Can we watch the race back? Was somebody able to upload it somewhere?
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 00:14
Posted by We1ty
Thanks!

Is that double figures now? I believe so... Let's make it a 1-2 next time aye Chatty? :P

Thanks as well, and that is the the next step up from a double podium :P
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 09:16
Weather forecast for round 2 at Ruapuna Park

www.accuweather.com/en/nz/templeton/247079/weather-forecast/247079
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 18:13
Is IGST of 8:00 am correct? My primitive math skills leave me at that.
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 19:37
I wanted to be somewhat prepared for the Ruapuna race so I ran few laps.

1. This track is narrow.
2. Many tight corners.
3. 4 x 180° corners, 2 are tight

Red Bull track at least had a clear view of the first corner and it is a straight line braking with a lot of track width.

Ruapuna is much narrower and the entry into the first heavy brake zone is NOT a straight line. Please take care.