Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Wed 01 Feb 2017, 14:33
Posted by GSR Admin TeamWe will be hosting a photo shoot this Thursday. The purpose will be to get some group shots of the field, to collect pictures for the spotters guide BCK will be making, and to collect footage for a series trailer Maverick will be making.

Thursday we will focus on getting footage from FM tracks (Daytona, Nurburgring and Road Atlanta)

If the time zone doesn't work out, life gets in the way or it's past your bedtime that's okay, but any and all help we can get would be greatly appreciated. You don't have to be entered in the GSREC to help out.

Photo Shoot lobby - 20:00 eastern / 1:00 gmt - 21:30 eastern / 2:30 gmt

If you're available to set 90 minutes (or less) aside to help out, please reply on this thread so we know who to expect. It will make things easier for BCK and Maverick, as they will be co-directing this.
. I'll be there
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 15:03
Posted by woody17xI'll be there

*Insert really stupid comment here*

And to the GSR Admin Team Dude, yeah I'll probably drive the #60 if Mission drives the sister car (#59)
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 18:51
Greetings everyone!

I'm one of the North American admins from over at 2old4forza, some of you may have heard of us. A small portion of our members (including myself) have been getting into full sim style racing pretty heavily lately. My good friend and fellow 2o4f admin, capt nasties, has turned us on to your impressive operation.

The upcoming race on the 11th at Daytona will be our first outing with you fellas, I'm just posting to say hello, and make sure we're all good to go for the race. We have 6 drivers so far so we plan to run 2 cars, both in the GT class. Both cars will be Gulf liveried (unless that design is taken...) Ford GTLMs #68 and #69.

We're still in the process of getting all of our drivers registered to your website and officially signed up for the race. Please let me know if there's anything else we need to do!

See ya on the track!
-drivebye
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 20:34
Welcome aboard. Also I can make that test / photo thing
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 23:14
Looking forward to racing with you guys .
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 23:21
Thanks!

I suppose we all need to get the GSR racing license too... I will make sure we all contact one of your admins about it.
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 23:30
If any of you 2O4F guys need a GSR logo to put on your car for the GSREC I know that myself, BCK, and Nightmare all have a GSR logo up for download on forza.
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 23:43
Posted by The1PLUS2RieckIf any of you 2O4F guys need a GSR logo to put on your car for the GSREC I know that myself, BCK, and Nightmare all have a GSR logo up for download on forza.

Awesome, thanks much!
Wed 01 Feb 2017, 23:54
Posted by drivebye071Thanks!

I suppose we all need to get the GSR racing license too... I will make sure we all contact one of your admins about it.

License is gone now as far as I know. Just show up and race . But I'm open to being corrected on that
Thu 02 Feb 2017, 00:55
Posted by drivebye071Greetings everyone!

I'm one of the North American admins from over at 2old4forza, some of you may have heard of us. A small portion of our members (including myself) have been getting into full sim style racing pretty heavily lately. My good friend and fellow 2o4f admin, capt nasties, has turned us on to your impressive operation.

The upcoming race on the 11th at Daytona will be our first outing with you fellas, I'm just posting to say hello, and make sure we're all good to go for the race. We have 6 drivers so far so we plan to run 2 cars, both in the GT class. Both cars will be Gulf liveried (unless that design is taken...) Ford GTLMs #68 and #69.

We're still in the process of getting all of our drivers registered to your website and officially signed up for the race. Please let me know if there's anything else we need to do!

See ya on the track!
-drivebye

Awesome! Let me know who will be in each car and I'll add you guys to the entry list!
Thu 02 Feb 2017, 06:47
We are now at 14 official entries. (6 P & 8 GT)

We have decided to cap entries at 16, which means there are only 2 entries remaining.
Thu 02 Feb 2017, 16:42
Someone needs to drive the corvette on GT I feel like
Thu 02 Feb 2017, 17:36
Hi I haven't officially entered as myself and colibrim can only do project cars and we haven't decided which car to use yet, so is there space for us also
Thu 02 Feb 2017, 17:43
Posted by Throwawaygra71Hi I haven't officially entered as myself and colibrim can only do project cars and we haven't decided which car to use yet, so is there space for us also

You will have a spot on PC races.
Thu 02 Feb 2017, 18:05
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by Throwawaygra71Hi I haven't officially entered as myself and colibrim can only do project cars and we haven't decided which car to use yet, so is there space for us also

To clarify, Throwaway, are you wanted to race some stint solo on Forza as well?
Thu 02 Feb 2017, 18:07
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lx
Posted by Mr Blonde V[quote=506583]Hi I haven't officially entered as myself and colibrim can only do project cars and we haven't decided which car to use yet, so is there space for us also

To clarify, Throwaway, are you wanted to race some stint solo on Forza as well?

No neither he or Coli have FM, so they will be a PC only entry this season.
Fri 03 Feb 2017, 19:06
We've reached 16 entries!

All future entries will be subject to FM races only and/or reserve entries for PC races.
Fri 03 Feb 2017, 19:17
Posted by GSR Admin TeamWe've reached 16 entries!

All future entries will be subject to FM races only and/or reserve entries for PC races.

We had 9 total entries at the 12 Hours of Daytona in 2016...we will have 10 GT entries (and 6 P entries) next Saturday.

The most cars we had in a single race in 2016 was 12 at the 6 Hours of Spa.

Gonna be a busy track next Saturday!
Fri 03 Feb 2017, 20:13
Sounds like a good race is in the making !
Sat 04 Feb 2017, 00:52
Sounds like prototypes are gonna have a very busy 12 hours.