Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 06:14
Posted by YaBoiCricket
Posted by BCKracer71SECR nabs the season's top free agent! Things could get interesting in GT if MBI answers the bell.

Who's that?

MBI, the team you race for Hippie.

Duh.
Fri 23 Dec 2016, 13:35
Posted by dakinca91should the Porsche be banned ? It's very very fast compared to the other 2

Is it not built to the same specifications though ?
Fri 23 Dec 2016, 14:22
Posted by MrMarko1100
Posted by dakinca91should the Porsche be banned ? It's very very fast compared to the other 2

Is it not built to the same specifications though ?

It's a different year. Not sure how often WEC changes its cars. It's a second faster stock than the Toyota.
Fri 23 Dec 2016, 15:11
I don't think they changed to much to be honest . The 12c is one of the slowest gt3 cars in a straight line and we still came out on top .
Fri 23 Dec 2016, 22:43
We will look into it (Porsche) in preseason testing in January.
Fri 23 Dec 2016, 22:52
Can we work together on coming up with a solution of adding race brakes to cars for next season for wheel users ?
Sat 24 Dec 2016, 00:19
My hat is in the no Porsche category with Dakinga unless we can figure out some BOP regulations
Sat 24 Dec 2016, 02:21
It would just be everyone in a Porsche, might be closer actually. But I like the strategy involved with the audi and Toyota.
Sat 24 Dec 2016, 02:27
Unless it get a power handicap of 5% maybe and see how it goes from there. Could be something that could be done across the board. Make the racing even closer . I'm sure I've a whole bop (balance of performance) list of gt3 cars somewhere . I could have a look for it .

Believe me when I say that they are extremely closely matched .
Sat 24 Dec 2016, 02:29
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxMy hat is in the no Porsche category with Dakinga unless we can figure out some BOP regulations

Wouldn't it be more satisfying if you were to beat the Porsche though even though it may have an advantage in areas . And sure the fuel mileage on it could be dismal meaning that over the long run the Audi's and Toyota's could be on a level par with it.
Sun 25 Dec 2016, 02:37
Posted by MrMarko1100Can we work together on coming up with a solution of adding race brakes to cars for next season for wheel users ?
I understand where you are coming from but if you adjust the brake dead zone in the settings you can get the same feel with the brakes as in PC.
Sun 25 Dec 2016, 10:11
Well I'd love if you could share that setting lol me and copper have tried everything
Sun 25 Dec 2016, 21:47
No problem, I'll make sure you guys get it.
Tue 27 Dec 2016, 01:48
For what it's worth, I went back and tested the Audi at Road Atlanta and hit a 1:07.8 which is only 2 tenths off what I hit in the Porsche. Haven't tried the Toyota yet.
Fri 30 Dec 2016, 01:30
my question are, ...if I choose a car that is only at PCARS or FM6, what wiil be the equivalent in the other game?

...why is not the Aston Martin DBR1(LMP1) listed?
Fri 30 Dec 2016, 02:06
Posted by Manuel CRmy question are, ...if I choose a car that is only at PCARS or FM6, what wiil be the equivalent in the other game?

good point . i think the car list needs a slight overhaul in some respects . with maybe some more members input involved
Fri 30 Dec 2016, 06:56
Posted by Manuel CRmy question are, ...if I choose a car that is only at PCARS or FM6, what wiil be the equivalent in the other game?

Honest Answer:
It's not there because I was the one who put in the information and I don't have the Aston Martin car pack.

The rule right now is that if you pick a car that is only in one game, you can pick any other car that is exclusive to the other game.
Sat 31 Dec 2016, 23:49
Ok, thanks for the Info
Sat 14 Jan 2017, 09:19
Also, being as the Aston DBR1-2 is from 2009, pretty sure it doesn't fall into the same performance category as the current cars.
Sat 14 Jan 2017, 10:43
Posted by Sam5onAlso, being as the Aston DBR1-2 is from 2009, pretty sure it doesn't fall into the same performance category as the current cars.

It won't be available.