Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Tue 14 Feb 2017, 19:59
Posted by GRD 4 3LBring in the next horse!

Oh its ok for you to have your say ,but when i do thats the remark you make .i didnt knock you when you commented on this GRD so why dont you and your horse take a flying **** for yourself
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 20:35
Copper have you been drinking?
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 20:46
No man not a drop ,why ?
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 20:48
You just seem a little chipper today lol. I think everyone just needs to take a chill pill and relax.
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 20:51
Thats all i was trying to do man ,everyone else had there say and i dont normally post as you know and id never slate anyone else post so when GRD had that to say about my post i didnt like it and i let it be known ,i could have said alot worse
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 20:53
No I hear ya, I just figured it was all put to rest yesterday. Things will be fine by the time we get to Silverstone.
Tue 14 Feb 2017, 20:55
Oh it should be hopefully ,thats all i want ,cause this is just a crap fest man to be honest , wouldnt mind but i never gave out once about the race
Wed 15 Feb 2017, 14:10
So, hopefully everyone has calmed down in this thread cause I was going to post my post race thoughts.

A 5th place finish in the GT category for the 2nd SECR team, beating the primary team. I'll honestly say that I'm proud that me and Mission managed to perform well in a car that was at a major disadvantage on a track like Daytona. To eclipse 2,000km as well is another thing I'm proud of since it shows how close we were to the other GT's in that race. Hopefully when we get to Silverstone, me and Mission will work out the kinks of the PCARS McLaren to take home a podium, and if the chips fall in the right place, possibly a win!
Wed 15 Feb 2017, 16:25
Congrats on the good job Mike and Misson. Silverstone will be a lot closer battle overall in both classes I think. Looking forward to it
Wed 15 Feb 2017, 20:48
Yeah great work guys! Well earned. I'm going to chalk up the conversation thus far to passion. One thing that's undeniable is we all have a passion for this. It's amazing to think about, this is round 1 of 6. It's a very long season, think last year where we started to where we ended. To put it into perspective, round 1 is longer in time than a lot of other series total seasons. Can't wait to see how the season unfolds.
Wed 15 Feb 2017, 22:46
I knew the Nurburgring combined was in the game but I had never been on it before until the other night I was playing online and it came up and my goodness it takes some concentration, he had it set to fog as well and some areas were lit and looked awesome, the more I play Pcars the more I love it
Sun 19 Feb 2017, 17:12
I am glad to have has the chance to race at Daytona. I was watching the kids that morning between stints, so I had my hands full. I spent the better half of two weeks learning to drive that Mercedes with no assists and cockpit view. I went from spinning out, to locking brakes every corner, to finally making laps. I brought my times down over five seconds into low 1:44s. I just kept my line and focus, letting y'all worry about passing me.

Now to get on PC and learn this game from zero experience, tune the car and make times. When y'all start practicing for this, add me for some laps. I need it. Also, could you give us 2O4F guys insight on how the qualifying/race schedules go for this?
Sun 19 Feb 2017, 17:45
A good idea for tunes is to check the projectcars database for different setups
projectcarssetups.eu/
Sun 19 Feb 2017, 23:48
Posted by Lord SarveriousAlso, could you give us 2O4F guys insight on how the qualifying/race schedules go for this?

Silverstone (and all GSREC races on PC) will pretty much run just the same as on Forza. The only real difference will be an absence of reserve drivers (PC is limited to 16 cars), time progression from stint to stint, real world weather, and everyone taking a screenshot at the 1 hour 45 minute mark of each stint (PC lobbies can only be set to 2 hours)
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 19:31
So in all seriousness, and if we do go through with figure-8 demolition derbies the day after an endurance race... what's the car so I can go right ahead and start painting/crashing it.
Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:09
Posted by Murphys LaaawlSo in all seriousness, and if we do go through with figure-8 demolition derbies the day after an endurance race... what's the car so I can go right ahead and start painting/crashing it.

lol. What would be a good car?
Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:19
An early Silverstone benchmark for all you GT types...2:03.
Thu 23 Feb 2017, 14:03
Posted by Mr Blonde Vlol. What would be a good car?

Buick Regal, the perfect car for any demolition derby.
Fri 24 Feb 2017, 08:32
If anyone is in need of a driver, GT or Prototype for the endurance series, let me know. I'd be happy to run with you and am willing to try out. My gamertag is the same as my username here. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Fri 24 Feb 2017, 20:48
Posted by ThePennyTrader7If anyone is in need of a driver, GT or Prototype for the endurance series, let me know. I'd be happy to run with you and am willing to try out. My gamertag is the same as my username here. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing you on the track and this series.