Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Global Group C Championship (PC2 Pro)

Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:43

All discussion related to the Global Group C Championship goes here!

Round 1 - January 27th - Daytona Road Course
Round 2 - February 24th - Donington GP
Round 3 - March 10th - Watkins Glen GP
Round 4 - March 24th - Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
Round 5 - April 7th - Sonoma GP
Round 6 - April 28th - Silverstone Classic
Round 7 - May 5th - Monza GP

Eligible Cars:
1987 Porsche 962C
1988 Jaguar XJR-9
1989 Nissan R89C
1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes-Benz

*Le Mans versions of cars will only be allowed at Le Mans

*All races will start at 15:00 eastern

Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:45
Thu 04 Jan 2018, 18:31
First Capital has secured a single (well used) 1987 Porsche 962C for the season. We don't have the budget of most teams, but we will do our best to be competitive all season long.
Thu 04 Jan 2018, 20:05
This looks like a nice series too. Will miss the first three rounds but I’m really looking forward to this. It’s a nice time to be on GSR 😊
Thu 04 Jan 2018, 20:14
I might try and make the Watkins Glen round if there’s room.
Thu 04 Jan 2018, 21:02
Still looking for a brand new 1988 Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo... Hard to find, though...
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 14:03
Have a few questions as I didn’t own PC2 until Monday so I don’t know how it’s normally done. I don’t see an option to have all the cars ghosted in qualifying like we did in Forza, so is it just a free for all or are there rules to prevent people from being blocked or slowed down on hot laps?
Are mechanical failures enabled? (Please no). Are pitstops manual or automatic? Standing or rolling starts? Also which, if not all, penalties are used? I’ve heard the penalty system can be a bit iffy i.e giving drive through penalties for no reason or forcing you to slow down when track limits weren’t actually exceeded, if this is true then this could potentially ruin someone’s race.
As a side note: Slightly glad Group C won the vote instead of IndyCar, these cars are actually a lot of fun to drive! Looking forward to the first race.
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 16:51
Only thing I can give you an answer to is quali. Quali is like a normal real life quali session where anyone can go out whenever they want to and there's a possibility of you being blocked. Just remember that if you're on a hot lap and there's someone faster behind you, you don't have to give way unless you want to. Also, if you're on a out/in/cooldown lap then it is advised to move out of the way for those on their hot lap.

As for the other things; expect Performance Impacting damage simulation at the minimum, don't know about pitstops but I can do both, should be a standing start and I'm not too sure about the penalty system.

Have a look at the Series Rules from the other championships get more information as it doesn't appear to load for the Group C championship.
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 16:56
Everything realistic is enabled, like mechanical failures, penalties and Manual pitstops
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 17:27
Sounds good. Can’t say I’m a fan of mechanical failures being enabled though, imagine racing your heart out for an hour and then the game decides that your car is going to break suddenly for no reason. “Realistic” or not I don’t really think that’s a good feature. I’m sure if they had the option in real life they would have mechanical failures set to disabled. Lol
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 17:34
Also if we’re claiming liveries for this series I’d like to call dibs on the Busby Racing #67 before anyone else does. (For the Nissan GTP ZX-T)
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 18:57
Sorry, but can I switch from the Jaguar to the Nissan GTP ZX-T? I misclicked on signup.
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 21:26
In regards to mechanical failures, I've yet to see a random engine or suspension failure. Usually the only time something like that has came into play was if someone had radiator closed off too much, went off track and clogged the radiator or recieved front end damage resulting in insufficient airflow to the engine.
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 22:05
Oh I see! That’s just ignorance on my part then as I’m not too familiar with the game yet. I assumed that it meant the game would just randomly pick a car and blow it up to mix things up a bit, lol
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 22:06
In that case I’m all for mechanical failures
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 22:10
Has anyone else been running practice laps at Daytona yet? Just curious to know what sort of lap times people are getting (if people don’t mind sharing that is)
Sat 06 Jan 2018, 09:17
After extensive testing by our resident Stig, the Nissan GTP-ZX will not be allowed due to performance advantages.
Sat 06 Jan 2018, 09:37
Before any questions arise, I'd like to go ahead and explain why this decision was made. First and foremost, the Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo isn't even a Group C car and why SMS labels them in the same class is beyond me. The car raced in the North American GTP series which had zero restrictions on underbody airflow tunnels giving this car a massive advantage over the actual Group C cars. I'm talking like 4 seconds or so over the rest of the field. It would be like pairing an Indycar against an F1 car around a circuit just because they are both open wheel.

Secondly, with this change it should provide a more diverse field of cars (well except for maybe the Porsche because it's old and slow lol). Ideally this should of been tested before posting sign ups, but I don't think any of us in the admin group even drove them prior to tonight.
Sat 06 Jan 2018, 12:50
Slightly regretting the 8 hours and 32 minutes I’ve spent practicing in it since Wednesday now. Lol
Sat 06 Jan 2018, 17:58
Yeah I knew a few of you had already signed up in it which is why I didn't expect it to be the most popular decision. I apologize for not noticing the problem earlier and will take the heat for it, but I'd rather have that then everybody in the same car.

With that being said, I expect most people to be in either the XJR9 or Sauber C9 as those two cars were kinda the cream of the crop for the series.
Sat 06 Jan 2018, 18:06
It’s no big deal, still got a week til the first race! I’d never driven the track before Wednesday so if nothing else, I’m at least familiar with the track now. Shouldn’t take long to adjust to a different car.