Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Global Group C Championship (PC2 Pro)

Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:43

All discussion related to the Global Group C Championship goes here!

Round 1 - January 27th - Daytona Road Course
Round 2 - February 24th - Donington GP
Round 3 - March 10th - Watkins Glen GP
Round 4 - March 24th - Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
Round 5 - April 7th - Sonoma GP
Round 6 - April 28th - Silverstone Classic
Round 7 - May 5th - Monza GP

Eligible Cars:
1987 Porsche 962C
1988 Jaguar XJR-9
1989 Nissan R89C
1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes-Benz

*Le Mans versions of cars will only be allowed at Le Mans

*All races will start at 15:00 eastern

Sat 06 Jan 2018, 19:19
I call dibs on the Anila Motorsport #80 livery for the Sauber C9
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 18:16
2 Questions:

1) Will we be able to create teams for a mate to join or will it be every man for himself?

2) What weather and season will we be using for the race this weekend? I've set it 13 January 2018 (which is Winter) and I've made the weather Medium Cloud as there'll be Intermittent Clouds and I feel like Medium Cloud best represents Intermittent Clouds.

I'm asking because I practised for the Group A race in the "correct" weather (which was Winter), then I found out that we set it to 1 May to avoid Snow (which I was fine with because it improved grip) but I still assumed that we would have a cloud setting as it did say it was gonna be cloudy (which I was still fine with). Then, when we got to the actual lobby, it was set to 1 May, Sunny and 2pm which messed my setup up a little bit. I was able fix it during quali but I feel like that's why people like Lifehigh and Nightmare struggled.

All I'm asking for is for more clarification on what settings to use for an upcoming race.
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 21:01
1) Teams have been switched on. It had previously been mistakenly set to manufacture teams.

2) This weekends race will be set to the current date, as it is in a subtropical-tropical climate zone. All other races, with the exception of Sonoma, will likely be set to May 1st with a race IGST of 15:00.

Weather will be dependent on the real-world weather at the moment of the race as indicated by weather reports or, if possible, locals near the track. Weather blocks will be fluid up until the start of the race, and like in real racing, will require you to stay ahead of the forecast and adapt if need be.
Mon 08 Jan 2018, 23:23
Ok, cool. Thanks for clearing that up.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 06:14
Sign up is not working for me, I wanted to sign up in the #23 R89C under Global Speed Stars.
Tue 09 Jan 2018, 06:56
Posted by Jagdpanther0224Sign up is not working for me, I wanted to sign up in the #23 R89C under Global Speed Stars.

We just added you.
Wed 10 Jan 2018, 18:45
Due to XCiTe Racing's recent performance in the Group A World Tour, Nissan Motorsport has extended their offer into the Global Group C Championship. As such, the newly found partnership with Jaguar Racing will come to and end and we will be joining forces with Nissan Motorsport.

Nissan Motorsport will be providing us with the #23b Nissan R89C and the #25 Nissan R89C LM for Le Mans.
Wed 10 Jan 2018, 21:49
I'm going to have to back out of this series. Due to IRL time constraints I won't be able to reliably show up.
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 03:44
Weather forecast for round 1 this Saturday at Daytona.

www.accuweather.com/en/us/daytona-beach-fl/32114/weather-forecast/328173
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 09:38
Foxy2111 is allowing me to join team Sauber Racing.
Team Sauber NL is therefore discontinued.
Can you please add me to Foxy2111's Sauber Racing team?
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 19:08
Posted by LMP BasherFoxy2111 is allowing me to join team Sauber Racing.
Team Sauber NL is therefore discontinued.
Can you please add me to Foxy2111's Sauber Racing team?

Absolutely.
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 21:04
Will there be a mandatory pit stop in the race? If so, manual or automatic?
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 21:05
Also will it be a standing or rolling start?
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 21:49
No mandatory stops, but if you do have to pit it will be manual.

A rolling start will be used, however we will do a manual formation lap from a standing start. The same procedure we used for the GT4 Cup.
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 22:01
Perfect thank you!
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 23:11
Posted by GSR Admin TeamNo mandatory stops, but if you do have to pit it will be manual.

A rolling start will be used, however we will do a manual formation lap from a standing start. The same procedure we used for the GT4 Cup.

You can't do a standing start around Daytona in a multiplayer session. It forces you to do a rolling and you can't even change the setting to do a standing start. Even in single player it doesn't give you the option to change it to a standing start but you do a standing start in any case.

I don't know if this is a bug or not but you can only do rolling starts for online lobbies at Daytona.
Fri 12 Jan 2018, 23:26
Posted by ThorZA16
Posted by GSR Admin TeamNo mandatory stops, but if you do have to pit it will be manual.

You can't do a standing start around Daytona in a multiplayer session. It forces you to do a rolling and you can't even change the setting to do a standing start. Even in single player it doesn't give you the option to change it to a standing start but you do a standing start in any case.

I don't know if this is a bug or not but you can only do rolling starts for online lobbies at Daytona.
We do our formation laps manually so that the glitches are avoided best as possible
Sat 13 Jan 2018, 00:18
I can understand that but will we still be using the formation lap feature even though we already doing a rolling start since standing starts isn't allowed?
Sat 13 Jan 2018, 01:49
Will this be the first series to be started without the rules being defined first?
Could be me but the rules page for this series shows blank.. Will be an interesting championship ;-)

Edit: I see now it happened before: series without rules. Still nice to have some rules, I think.
Sat 13 Jan 2018, 02:16
Posted by LMP BasherWill this be the first series to be started without the rules being defined first?
Could be me but the rules page for this series shows blank.. Will be an interesting championship ;-)

Edit: I see now it happened before: series without rules. Still nice to have some rules, I think.

Rule 1: pick a Group C car that isn't the Nissan GTP-ZX.
Rule 2: Go fast after the rolling start.
Rule 3: Don't wreck anyone.
Rule 4: Try to win.

I think that's all we really need, lol.