Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project CARS 2 Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:07

Discuss all things Project CARS 2 here.

Fri 22 Sep 2017, 02:26
Looks like Dead Arm and Throwaway got it early. Either of you want to stream it tonight?
Fri 22 Sep 2017, 13:21
Having played the game for the majority of yesterday (Thursday 21st) I can safely say that pcars2 is an extremely good game out of the box .

Yes it has its few minor issues and bugs to contend with but it is very playabale out of the box on the wheel with a small bit of adjustment . I haven't played it on a pad but from reviews I've read and videos I've watched online that looks playable aswell out of the box .

Dry track to wet track transition is something else though . The way it is implemented works really wel and you can see puddles forming lap on lap which is really cool as you have to then adjust you lines on the track . You can drive through the puddles aswell and the car does go light over them but nothing to the effect of forza6 .

The car will go light over the puddles but it still feels manageable .

Another thing I like is having the option to change pit strategy and fuels maps on the cool is another really good feature
Fri 22 Sep 2017, 13:24
At times it did feel like I was still playing pcars one but I don't view it as a bad thing nessessearly because it brings with it a sense of familiarity to it . I'm sure it would be a much bigger issue if it didn't resemble pcars1 in anyway and felt totally alien .

I had a small go in the rallycross Lites cars around the Daytona rallycross track and they are great fun to drive . The full on supercar rallycross cars are a bit of a handful and willl take time to finesse .
Fri 22 Sep 2017, 15:17
That doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me. It sounds familier but hopefully with some improvements. I plan on giving it a go when I’m off work here in 6 hours or so
Fri 22 Sep 2017, 16:28
Posted by dakinca91That doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me. It sounds familier but hopefully with some improvements. I plan on giving it a go when I’m off work here in 6 hours or so

No it's not bad at all . its enjoyable to play
Fri 22 Sep 2017, 18:24
I tried it for about an hour driving Lotus 49 at historic Spa and the car was driveable right out of the box. The feel of the car was a bit muted but I think that was due to default vibration of 50% and strong highspeed steering damping. PCARS2 looks/feels nothing like PCARS; the menus are SLICK; user interface is logical; one can make controller changes/adjustments in PAUSE!!!; option to have full control of the car in pits; race engineer, etc., etc. And I've seen RACING LICENSE in there!

Awesome feature is throttle & brake calibration; this means the LT/RT are no longer hair sensitive sons of b's.

PCARS cars had oversteering tendencies, even FWD. In PCARS2 Lotus 49, the understeer was noticeable in places where it should understeer.

Blast down the historic Spa, enter a corner in 5th gear (off throttle, mind you), and tell me that's not exciting!

I'll be doing Lotus 49 time trials at historic Spa tonight if anyone wants to join. Shooting for clean sub 3:40.
Fri 22 Sep 2017, 18:30
Also had a quick drive of Kart. It sounds, drives, and feels great!
Fri 22 Sep 2017, 22:42
Definitely a couple minor annoyances, but overall pretty solid. I've been using the Ferrari 333sp on Long Beach as a benchmark, to get the ffb, and fov dialed in, and she seems to be coming along nicely.
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 01:40
Overall loving the game. Had some major issues with Samson in multiplayer where the party audio would lag to unusabiity. Hopefully that’s my Xbox and not the game.
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 04:38
Had the “no sound glitch” when it just loses all sound randomly.

Also the stagger on the Indycar on a oval is crazy. Need to figure out how to tune on here
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 05:06
I've been having the qualify on pole, somehow get shown in last as soon as the lights go out glitch in the career. That's semi frustrating.
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 10:58
After a little bit of testing I've found some annoying bugs.

Formula rookie, can't seem to get heat onto the tyres after 5+ laps of running. Tried messing with tyre pressures and suspension to no avail.

Tried the Indy car community event, binned it after a couple of laps , so hit restart. Started the next lap upside down...

Restarted twice more but the tyre temps were in the red and the car was completely out of control.

Going to do some more testing today, but it's not a great first impression. Hopefully the issues get fixed soon.
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 15:11
Posted by Dead Arm TzarAfter a little bit of testing I've found some annoying bugs.

Formula rookie, can't seem to get heat onto the tyres after 5+ laps of running. Tried messing with tyre pressures and suspension to no avail.

Tried the Indy car community event, binned it after a couple of laps , so hit restart. Started the next lap upside down...

Restarted twice more but the tyre temps were in the red and the car was completely out of control.

Going to do some more testing today, but it's not a great first impression. Hopefully the issues get fixed soon.

What season did you have it set to in the formula rookie ? I drove it with the season set to summer and tyres where up to temp within 2 laps
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 18:17
It was career mode. It was in may I think. It had rained the session before so maybe was track temp. After playing on the other tracks I think my pressures were still too high. The most annoying thing was it seemed to drive better on cold tyres than slightly warm ones..

That said the car was nowhere near as twitchy as the first game. Actually quite enjoying it now. My snetterton setup is great around oulton park. Lol
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 18:40
Update on changing controller settings at pause. The settings can be changed but they won't take effect until the main menu is loaded.
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 19:40
Is there still a room being opened up today for testing etc ?
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 20:29
Posted by MrMarko1100Is there still a room being opened up today for testing etc ?

Nightmare should have a lobby open at the usual time.
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 23:11
Posted by BCKracer71
Posted by MrMarko1100Is there still a room being opened up today for testing etc ?

Nightmare should have a lobby open at the usual time.

Did anyone tell nightmare this ?
Sat 23 Sep 2017, 23:46
I've a lobby open at the moment if anyone wants an invite message me on Xbox my game tag is MrMarko1100
Sun 24 Sep 2017, 04:04
I'll join you guys for some friendly testing sometime soon. I've only had some light testing so far in the LMP2s and some of the new GT3/E. I'm loving the game so far.

For those setting up their FFB for their wheels:
forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php

Pay attention to his suggested FFB settings within his post.