Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2018 GSR Endurance Championship (PC2)

Mon 18 Dec 2017, 07:35

The Global Sim Racing Endurance Championship will return for it's 4th season in 2018! Stayed tuned for details!

Sun 21 Jan 2018, 22:25
Before anyone asks, both the #7 and #8 Toyota have been taken, making the car currently unavailable for selection.
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 15:15
Out of curiosity, of the four teams that are running the SMS P1 cars how many are planning on upgrading to the Porsche when it becomes available?
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 16:27
We definitely are. I know that. Otherwise, we would have gone with Audi.
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 18:39
I think 3 of the 4 are.
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 19:20
This could get interesting then. I looked up how many entries Porsche had in the 2016 season and it looks like there was only two. I thought there could have been three for Le Mans, but only saw two on the results sheet. Unless they have fictional liveries someone could be loosing out on this one.
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 20:24
Might go to whoever signed up first and who said they planned on switching as soon as the dlc comes out. I think they had 3 in 2015 but had to cut back to 2 because of the emission scandals along with Audi
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 21:03
ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be a 30 minute qualifying session February 3rd at 5:00 PM EST/10:00 PM GMT. This will be preceded by a test session after the conclusion of the Group A race.

Rules:
- One driver per team will be eligible to qualify. Multiple driver on a team will not be allowed on track during the session.
- The fastest lap in the 30 minute session will be given pole.
- Weather and time will be real time (17:00 IGST).
- Pole winning teams will receive two bonus points.
- Pole winning driver will receive one drivers championship points.
- The first stint of the 12 hour race will be ordered based on qualifying results.
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:47
Posted by GSR Admin TeamANNOUNCEMENT: There will be a 30 minute qualifying session February 3rd at 5:00 PM EST/10:00 PM GMT. This will be preceded by a test session after the conclusion of the Group A race.

Rules:
- One driver per team will be eligible to qualify. Multiple driver on a team will not be allowed on track during the session.
- The fastest lap in the 30 minute session will be given pole.
- Weather and time will be real time (17:00 IGST).
- Pole winning teams will receive two bonus points.
- Pole winning driver will receive one drivers championship points.
- The first stint of the 12 hour race will be ordered based on qualifying results.

I like that .

Question about how the stints are scored . Will it be by distance traveled or by your number of laps ?
Mon 22 Jan 2018, 23:28
I’m curious as well Marko. Will the stints act like a caution lap where we lineup like the previous stint or is it just a whoever drives the most distance ?
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 14:41
After the first stint, where the grid is determined by quali, maybe we could set the lobby time to 1 hour 50 mins so that we can do a manual rolling start in the order in which we finished the previous stint.

For example:

Lobby host calls out the drivers/teams in the order in which they finished the previous session. The guys that got called out pull away slowly to leave a decent gap for people to fill in and then once everyone is in their correct positions, we do a formation lap and then form up in 2s (odds on the left, evens on the right) somewhere in the 3rd sector. In this case at Daytona we form up just after the bus stop chicane. We can then also bump up the max speed to 160 kph (100 mph) instead of the 120 kph (75 mph) speed limit the game gives us.

If this is an idea we look into then we could attempt it after quali in like a 15 min race session just so that it can be tested.
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 20:13
To me it seem it should be treated as a safety car period. At the time the stint ends everyone finishes their lap and gets scored for it. Then when we go to form up in the next stint it’s in class running order prototypes ahead of Gt3.

I do feel that regardless of how the restarts are handled that everyone should get to finish and be scored for the lap they are on at the end of time. Last season I was ten seconds behind someone at the end of a stint and due to the way time fell I got scored as being down a lap to them. That to me isn’t right.
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 21:41
Admin I have a question. I'm racing in the LMP1 car with my team THR and we also have a GT3 team but with only 2 drivers and we are not sure about scheduling at the moment. Would I be allowed to race LMP1 and GT3 stints? For example I run my first LMP1 stintl and in stint 2 I take over for GT3.
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 22:08
Posted by THR operatorAdmin I have a question. I'm racing in the LMP1 car with my team THR and we also have a GT3 team but with only 2 drivers and we are not sure about scheduling at the moment. Would I be allowed to race LMP1 and GT3 stints? For example I run my first LMP1 stintl and in stint 2 I take over for GT3.

It happened at Daytona last year . A driver done stints in a LmpC car during the Saturday and then gt3 stints on the Sunday . I’m not admin but I don’t see why it would be an issue
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 22:16
Posted by dakinca91I’m curious as well Marko. Will the stints act like a caution lap where we lineup like the previous stint or is it just a whoever drives the most distance ?

I would imagine ordered by distance or for added realism in the order cars on track from the leader down leaving lapped cars In the middle of the pack might make it a bit more realistic at the start of each stint having to deal with the same traffic from the end of the previous stint .

As for scoring I’m just wondering if it is based in number of laps completed per stint link in pcars1 or is there a way of measuring stint distance in pcars2
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 22:46
I think the in between stints bits should be treated as Safety Car periods too, like Lifehigh said.
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 22:59
I feel like it's a very simple solution. Just add up the lead each driver has after each stint on the next stint start in the order of who is leading the overall race. The game will tell you at the end of every stint how many seconds,laps... behind everyone is from the leader.
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 23:10
Sure whatever works. Only putting out a suggestion
Tue 23 Jan 2018, 23:39
I like the Safety Car Period too, however, restarts for the following stints would most likely be single file instead of 2x2. This would allow for tire scrubbing and keeping heat in, and would lower the chances of a turn 1 mele. IRL the cars all restart SC periods single file. It would make more since if you are a lap up on your competition.
Thu 25 Jan 2018, 20:25
Any prototypes want to report some lap times?

I’ve gotten a little faster but nothing close to a 1:30 yet.
Thu 25 Jan 2018, 23:53
Low 1:30 with half a tank of fuel in the Toyota so far.