Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2018 GSR Endurance Championship (PC2)

Mon 18 Dec 2017, 07:35

The Global Sim Racing Endurance Championship will return for it's 4th season in 2018! Stayed tuned for details!

Tue 05 Jun 2018, 20:11
Posted by GSR Admin TeamWe're trying to get a count of who all have or plan to get the Spirit of Le Mans DLC. If all of the Prototype team members could respond, it would be a great help.

Kriegsmaschine:
Murphys Laaawl -
Chunt04 -
Jagdpanther0224 -

THR:
Wildwin7 -
Mysterious -
operator - yes

SamKel:
xl MAVERICK lx -
Sam5on -
GetWHOOPED -

Redbird:
Blonde -
BCKracer71 - yes
Dakinca91 -

Toyota:
LMP Basher -
Dead Arm Tzar - yes

SECR:
Marko1100 -
Copper Nuts08 -
Dead Arm Tzar -

Yes.
Tue 05 Jun 2018, 21:46
Yes.
Tue 05 Jun 2018, 22:32
I won’t stand in the way. But I need to know ASAP. I need do buy the pack and start practicing with it if we’re switching
Tue 05 Jun 2018, 23:10
Yes I have the pack
Tue 05 Jun 2018, 23:13
Yes
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 02:14
ANNOUNCEMENT:

After deliberation, we have decided that each prototype team will switch over to a 2016 spec car for this weekend's 12 Hours of Le Mans.

- Teams using the 2014 Audi R18 (SamKel) and 2016 RWD Motorsports P30 LMP1 (Kriegsmaschine) will switch to the 2016 Audi R18. Either car may be used.

- Teams using the 2014 Toyota TS040 (Toyota, THR) will switch to the 2016 Toyota TS050 Hybrid.

- Teams using the 2016 Marek RP 339H LMP1 (SECR, Redbird) will switch to the 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid

- Teams using fictional cars (RWD and Marek) may trade car rights with each other. (i.e., the Porsche may be traded for the Audi and vice versa if the teams can come to an agreement)
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 02:44
Guys, I’d like to have a say in the upgrades to the new machines. Kriegsmaschine was founded as a factory Porsche team. We have two GT teams running Porsche and had every intent of running the Porsche 919. We’ve stated this intention numerous times. It’s not right that we should have that decision made for us.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 02:59
Posted by ThePennyTrader7Guys, I’d like to have a say in the upgrades to the new machines. Kriegsmaschine was founded as a factory Porsche team. We have two GT teams running Porsche and had every intent of running the Porsche 919. We’ve stated this intention numerous times. It’s not right that we should have that decision made for us.

I also stand by this 100%.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 04:03
Posted by GSR Admin TeamWe're trying to get a count of who all have or plan to get the Spirit of Le Mans DLC. If all of the Prototype team members could respond, it would be a great help.

Kriegsmaschine:
Murphys Laaawl - yes
Chunt04 - yes
Jagdpanther0224 - yes

THR:
Wildwin7 -
Mysterious -
operator - yes

SamKel:
xl MAVERICK lx - yes
Sam5on - yes
GetWHOOPED - yes

Redbird:
Blonde - yes
BCKracer71 - yes
Dakinca91 - yes/conditional

Toyota:
LMP Basher - yes
Lifehigh - yes

SECR:
Marko1100 - yes
Copper Nuts08 - yes
Dead Arm Tzar - yes

All SECR team have dlc
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 06:14
Posted by ThePennyTrader7Guys, I’d like to have a say in the upgrades to the new machines. Kriegsmaschine was founded as a factory Porsche team. We have two GT teams running Porsche and had every intent of running the Porsche 919. We’ve stated this intention numerous times. It’s not right that we should have that decision made for us.

Not to mention that the RWD was a flat 6 powered LMP *cough* fake Porsche *cough*
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 14:39
Plus, had we known at the beginning of the season what cars would be transferred over, we would have picked the Marek instead (i.e. Marek to Porsche, RWD to Audi). There was no rule regarding that the car you picked would be also the car that correlated from the Le Mans pack or whatever. That should have been addressed way earlier, not “Oh yeah, if you drive the Marek or RWD, you can opt to drive the Audi or Porsche when the DLC comes out.”

Speaking of which...
Posted by GSR Admin TeamNotice: Anyone who sign up in the Marek or RWD will be eligible to switch to the 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid, which has been spotted in the game files and will likely be released with the Porsche Pack in March/April.

Those in the Toyota and Audi will also be eligible to switch to the 2016 Toyota TS050 and 2016 Audi R18 LMP1 respectively, which have also been rumored to be released as DLC (probably in June).

Just my two cents.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 16:22
Not speaking as an admin, I'd practice in the Porsche if I were you.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 17:59
Thanks, Mav.

Admins, we are not speaking up to make things difficult. The Kriegsmaschine team is simply issuing a formal protest on the following grounds:

1. Kriegsmaschine was the first to declare our intention of being a Porsche team
2. Our entire team concept of 2 GT teams and 1 LMP1 entry were founded on being a Porsche team.
3. The car selection at the beginning of the season was not outlined as dictating your upgraded LMP1 choice.
4. The decision ultimately being made for teams, without representation, an admin vote, or league team vote.
5. Other teams being given the Porsche have made previous declarations to another car manufacturer.

We will continue to race and participate in the season, regardless of outcome, but we want our protest to be heard and a formal resolution to be made so testing can resume/ begin.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 18:21
Guys, the last clause in the rules exists for a reason. Use it.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 18:28
From the GSREC Rules and Regulations page, in regards to car selection for Prototype:

- 2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro (eligible for mid-season upgrade to possible DLC 2016 Audi R18 LMP1)
- 2014 Toyota TS040 Hybrid (eligible for mid-season upgrade to possible DLC 2016 Toyota TS050
- 2014 Marek RP339H (eligible for mid-season upgrade to possible DLC 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid)
- 2016 RWD P20 LMP1 (eligible for mid-season upgrade to possible DLC 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid)

That last one is pretty important btw.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 19:11
All these rules were made in February, assuming fictional liveries for each car, faster cars than the 2014 models, and teams not switching (FCA and SECR did not intend on upgrading). That's all been thrown out the window and the rules have been changed.

5 words will make this all moot, though.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 19:26
Posted by BCKracer715 words will make this all moot, though.

“Why make things difficult, BCK?”

Which translates to “Can we trade with you?”
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 19:30
Anyone remember that episode of Arrested Development where George Sr. keeps repeating the line “There’s always money in the banana stand” but nobody stops to think what he’s on about? Yep...yep.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 19:33
On a related note, I think we at Red Bird are going to close all trade offers tonight if we don’t hear an offer in the next few hours. We need to decide what car we are going with and need to practice and work on the setup.
Wed 06 Jun 2018, 19:37
I'm quite excited TBH about running the new cars despite little seat time. For those coming from the fictional cars I'd recommend going with the porsche even though the audi is 3 seconds a lap faster than the Porsche and Toyota at Le Mans and even though the Audi had another variant those 2 are allot more versatile on other tracks and can hold their own. Here are links to the LB on PC to get a good idea of each cars potential. PS I didn't do a good time in the porsche but there are 2 other good times. Note also Storm and myself are using default settings apsulutly no changes and are in a big battle for the spot so expect times to slowly eat away with time.

cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard