Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Group A World Tour (PC2 Am)

Sat 23 Dec 2017, 22:43

All discussion related to the Group A World Tour goes here!

Round 1 - January 6th - Silverstone Classic
Round 2 - January 20th - Bathurst
Round 3 - February 3rd - Hockenheimring Classic
Round 4 - February 17th - Nurburgring Nordschleife
Round 5 - March 3rd - Laguna Seca
Round 6 - March 17th - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Round 7 - March 31st - Sportsland SUGO

Eligible Cars:
1988 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E
1991 BMW M3 Sport Evo
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R
1991 Audi V8 DTM

*All races will start at 15:00 eastern

Sun 24 Dec 2017, 09:06
Sun 24 Dec 2017, 15:40
For the Nurburgring round, are we doing the nordschlife, or combined? The nordschlife doesn’t have a pit lane.
Mon 25 Dec 2017, 09:33
Who’s eligible for this series?
Mon 25 Dec 2017, 11:04
There's me...
And hopefully others...
Mon 25 Dec 2017, 18:04
Posted by We1tyWho’s eligible for this series?

Everyone is eligible for BOTH series.
Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:13
Is this DLC?
Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:37
Posted by dakinca91Is this DLC?

The Nissan is in the Japanese Car Pack and the Audi is only available with season pass. The other three cars come with the game.
Thu 28 Dec 2017, 19:25
Also, this will be my first series with the wheel.
Looking forward to seeing how it goes
Fri 29 Dec 2017, 15:45
Ending up with this series as AMATEUR series - at least to me - is hilarious! Did anyone of you already try let's say the Ford Sierra at let's say Bathurst? It awesome and frightening at the same time! Not really a rookie/amateur experience, though...
Don't get me wrong: I love it like this, but when actual 'rookies' enter the stage this thing will likely be a carnage.
@We1ty: hopefully the wheel slows you down a bit... ;-)
Fri 29 Dec 2017, 16:14
What time and dates will the races be held? As in ingame dates and time.
Fri 29 Dec 2017, 17:51
Posted by LMP BasherEnding up with this series as AMATEUR series - at least to me - is hilarious! Did anyone of you already try let's say the Ford Sierra at let's say Bathurst? It awesome and frightening at the same time! Not really a rookie/amateur experience, though...
Don't get me wrong: I love it like this, but when actual 'rookies' enter the stage this thing will likely be a carnage.
@We1ty: hopefully the wheel slows you down a bit... ;-)

These cars are definitely a handful. Between the cars and some of the tracks this should be pretty good. I can’t decide which car to run yet though. I’m leaning towards the Benz at the moment.

Also, along with Chatty’s questions about start times, how long are these races going to be? And again, which Nurburgring layout are we using? Last time I tried to run a race weekend on the Nordschlife proper I couldn’t include a practice or qualifying due to lack of pits. I’m not too sure if that’s been changed or not though.
Fri 29 Dec 2017, 20:08
I’ll be in the Mercedes most likely
Fri 29 Dec 2017, 22:01
Posted by WGIstation6aThese cars are definitely a handful. Between the cars and some of the tracks this should be pretty good. I can’t decide which car to run yet though. I’m leaning towards the Benz at the moment.

Also, along with Chatty’s questions about start times, how long are these races going to be? And again, which Nurburgring layout are we using? Last time I tried to run a race weekend on the Nordschlife proper I couldn’t include a practice or qualifying due to lack of pits. I’m not too sure if that’s been changed or not though.

Races will be 45 minutes and begin at 15:00 IGST.

The combined circuit will most likely have to be used at the Nurburgring, unless the issue is fixed before then.
Tue 02 Jan 2018, 15:50
Please add me to XCiTE Racing team. It won't let me join my team mate.
Wed 03 Jan 2018, 17:22
It looks like if you set the date in game to the actual race date you get stuck racing in the snow.
Wed 03 Jan 2018, 19:45
Yep, saw that too. Also noticed the Ford Sierra's engine will slowly die, no matter what radiator opening one uses or turbo pressure is applied. You can only slow the deterioration down but it seems not possible to stop it. Any clues?
Wed 03 Jan 2018, 20:25
Have you tried air pressure?
Wed 03 Jan 2018, 22:28
Turbo pressure == air pressure, no?

Edit: Limiting air by lowering the air restrictor has only a limited effect. In real life lowering the turbo pressure and limiting the air intake would help, I assume. Here it seemingly doesn't do much. Temperatures remain around 80 degrees: nothing to worry about.
I even keep the engine revs well below the red zone but to no avail.
Thu 04 Jan 2018, 13:53
I really don’t know
Fri 05 Jan 2018, 01:31
What’s a decent time for this weekend? In only a few laps I’m at 1:38. I’m assuming that’s at least a second or 3 off the pace