Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2018 GSR Endurance Championship (PC2)

Mon 18 Dec 2017, 07:35

The Global Sim Racing Endurance Championship will return for it's 4th season in 2018! Stayed tuned for details!

Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:51
Grand so
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:51
Incidents have been reviewed from Long Beach:

1. Action: Stint 1: 1st place THR Wildwin7 (THR #7) over drove turn 1, hitting the wall and resulting in a collision between him, 2nd place Lifehigh999 (Toyota #8), and 3rd place Copper Nuts (SECR #22).

Result: After reviewing onboard footage from Maverick, we concluded this to be a racing accident. The leader went too deep into turn 1 causing himself to run into the wall and the trailing drivers to hit him. No action will be taken.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:52
2. Action: Stint 2: 4th place THR mysterious (THR #7) gave himself too much of a gap, and jumped the rolling start. This allowed him to put himself in 1st place in between two cars in turn 1. The driver overdrove turn 1 and hit the wall, resulting in a pile-up with 2nd place LMP Basher (Toyota #8), 3rd place Dead Arm Tzar (SECR #22), and 4th place xl MAVERICK lx (SamKel #1).

Result: After reviewing onboard footage from Samson, the accident may have been partly caused by lag, which is an unavoidable consequence of online racing. That being said, there is concern of the #7 THR car making it’s way from 4th to 1st before the first turn, which allowed for the incident to occur. The penalty for jumping the start will typically be an on track forfeiture of postions gained or a drive through penalty depending on the extant. Given the fact that the #7 THR team lagged out and penalized themselves and that evidence was not presented until the race was over, no race penalty will be given...
However, the #7 THR team will be placed on probation for Le Mans with any future penalties potentially resulting in a loss of points.
3. Action: Stint 2: 2nd place LMP Basher (Toyota #8) seriously missed his braking points while overtaking a GT car in turn 8 and collided with the rear of 1st place Sam5on (SamKel #1) resulting in critical damage for the #1.
Result: onboard from Samson was reviewed by the admins between stints 2 and 3 and given a drive through penalty for Lifehigh in stint 3. However, Lifehigh quit the lobby before serving the drive through, resulting in a self-serving penalty for the race.. The #8 Toyota will also be placed on probation for Le Mans.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:53
4. Action: Stint 2: 2nd place Sam5on (SamKel #1) drove into the rear of 1st place LMP Basher (Toyota #8) in the turn 11 hairpin with 18 seconds remaining in the race, damaging the #8. Sam5on then gave the position back and finished behind Basher.

Results: reviewing the onboard from Samson, the action was deemed potentially retaliatory. However, because the position was given back and the incident effectively had no influence on the potential outcome of the #8, a drive through was not assessed for this race. However, the SamKel #1 will also be put on probation for Le Mans.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:53
As a reminder, if you have specific event you would like scrutinized, it is your responsibility to send clips of these events to the admins for review. Incidents in stints 1 and 2 can be reviewed mid-race for potential action in remaining stints.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:59
I also think we should try to represent ourselves on the forums in the best way possible. I can understand the frustration over the weekend, but there’s no reason to use divisive language that could affect the image of the league.

Other people that may not be members are also browsing the forum, and I don’t think it’s good if we present them by being hostile towards each other.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 23:07
Yeah that’s a good idea ☝️
Tue 24 Apr 2018, 03:34
Man.. this is just like a NASCAR short track race.. Hahaha.. I wish I could have seen the stream. I didn't really have any issues with Driving standards. While driving my slow GT3 I observed some sketchy passes by LMP's that probably should have waited until the straights simply because they can blow us away with their KERs and Turbos. Long Beach is a give and take kind of place. I agree with an earlier post, not a great place to run that kind of Class difference. I would have preferred 6 hours at the Glen. "Give Em the Boot" But anyway I digress, I still had fun and would probably do it again. I hate that I won't be able to make Le Mans.

Is there anyone on here that is within an Hour of San Francisco, that will let me use their wheel to run my two stints????
Tue 24 Apr 2018, 07:53
Posted by GSR Admin Team2. Action: Stint 2: 4th place THR mysterious (THR #7) gave himself too much of a gap, and jumped the rolling start. This allowed him to put himself in 1st place in between two cars in turn 1. The driver overdrove turn 1 and hit the wall, resulting in a pile-up with 2nd place LMP Basher (Toyota #8), 3rd place Dead Arm Tzar (SECR #22), and 4th place xl MAVERICK lx (SamKel #1).

Small comment on this one. Without THR mysterious we would have still crashed due to an impossible move by Dead Arm on my inside at turn 1. I have the footage from all angles and views to go with that statement.
During the race blue flags were also ignored by some drivers of the same class, sometimes during a full lap. It is spoiling these races and influencing the outcome.

Besides all this: what do the probation measures actually mean? You can join the race but if you fart you're out?
Tue 24 Apr 2018, 14:11
Posted by LMP Basher
Besides all this: what do the probation measures actually mean? You can join the race but if you fart you're out?

you can still race but next penalty will be worse i believe.
could also be considered a warning in a way
Tue 24 Apr 2018, 23:32
Hey guys this drizzle 180sx I’m just letting the admin know that I changed my gamer tags to “PMQT”
Wed 25 Apr 2018, 22:40
Posted by PMQTHey guys this drizzle 180sx I’m just letting the admin know that I changed my gamer tags to “PMQT”

Thanks for the heads up!
Wed 25 Apr 2018, 22:40
Posted by THR Sparky
Posted by LMP Basher

you can still race but next penalty will be worse i believe.
could also be considered a warning in a way

Nailed it, Sparky.
Thu 24 May 2018, 15:52
Have any teams been doing some early testing at Le Mans?
Fri 25 May 2018, 22:33
I think the cars are likely to change prior to the race. I haven’t been working too hard on getting anything setup because of that.
Fri 25 May 2018, 23:03
Posted by WGIstation6aI think the cars are likely to change prior to the race. I haven’t been working too hard on getting anything setup because of that.

What do you mean?
Sat 26 May 2018, 00:29
The lemans pack with the Porsche, new Audi, and , new Toyota will probably/hopefully be out by then.
Sun 27 May 2018, 13:52
www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/project-cars-2-spirit-of-le-mans-pack-dlc/c3dp44xbj2h5

The timing of this should shake things up some. Minimal setup time going into the race should be interesting.