Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2018 GSR Endurance Championship (PC2)

Mon 18 Dec 2017, 07:35

The Global Sim Racing Endurance Championship will return for it's 4th season in 2018! Stayed tuned for details!

Wed 17 Jan 2018, 00:17
Posted by Michaei WattsSo...new here, was referred by Chunt04. How do you guys do your GT3 teams? How do you swap out stints?

We will be doing 1h 45 mim stints after which there will be a 15 min break to swap out drivers. You can double/triple stint if you want to but each driver has to take part in at least 1 stint. There's more information under the Series Rules tab for the GSREC
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 00:59
thanks I found it.
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 01:06
Welcome Mike, glad you’re checking it out. I think you’ll enjoy it.
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 02:58
Posted by MrMarko1100How about another poll for qualifying a week prior to the race .

There will be qualifying.
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 13:47
There is some concern about mecahnical damage on some cars. The Porsche gets engine damage no matter the tune and without abusing or damaging the car. I have found the same to be true with the Super Trofeo in career mode. Seems like some cars just don't like mechanical damage.

Anyone else having this issue?
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 14:16
How bad is the engine damage? Is it as bad as the Ford Sierra Cosworth Group A or very minor?
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 14:24
You experience engine damage in all vehicles In this game but it's usually so minor that you can't tell the difference
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 14:33
1% a lap after the first two laps.
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 14:34
We have not experienced it on all cars. Just a few here and there.
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 14:53
I noticed this while I was racing it at Dubai, however I thought it might just be the heat and the dust making it worse. I managed to get to a stage where it wouldn’t hurt if you drove around without mistakes, however if you touched anything with the front the engine would blow in a lap or two. Not good for Porsche GT3...
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 14:54
I think not revving all the way helps, I do remember it getting better after a season of working on it
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 16:55
Have you tried changing the fuel mix from rich to normal?
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 21:11
Posted by THR WildWin71% a lap after the first two laps.

That's hectic. What are your engine temps and are you constantly just hitting the rev limiter before you shift up? Also, what conditions are you driving in?
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 02:23
Hey, I’m new and wanted to participate in the 12 hour and wondering if a team can pick me up
P.s just doing it for the fun of it
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 05:35
Posted by ThorZA16
Posted by THR WildWin71% a lap after the first two laps.

That's hectic. What are your engine temps and are you constantly just hitting the rev limiter before you shift up? Also, what conditions are you driving in?

I have not tested the Porsche but in career mode in the Super Trofeo it's right around 200-210F. Does not matter the conditions or track.

I know the guys testing the Porsche have done it during all times of day and night at Daytona on the date of the race.
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 07:21
2 questions. Are we going to do a manual formation lap(not game setting manual formation lap) meaning the time starts with that lap, and are we going to do a cool down lap and if so do you have to complete it? Asking for a friend😊
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:52
After lots of negotiating XCiTe Racing is pleased to announce that we will be entering the 2018 GSREC season in the 2016 Ferrari 488 GT3. The drivers will consist of ThorZA16 (me), Mystic x Block and soutie1.

Our title sponsor has not yet been decided but a decision will be made later today.
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 23:06
Posted by PMQTHey, I’m new and wanted to participate in the 12 hour and wondering if a team can pick me up
P.s just doing it for the fun of it

Drizzle I'm looking to put together a GT3 team. Hit me up on Xbox if you're interested. I still have not picked a car.
Fri 19 Jan 2018, 07:38
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lx2 questions. Are we going to do a manual formation lap(not game setting manual formation lap) meaning the time starts with that lap, and are we going to do a cool down lap and if so do you have to complete it? Asking for a friend😊

2 answers (maybe)
I’d imagine formation laps will be the same procedure as any other race if we have one st the start . I can’t imagine cool down laps being compulsory . Tell that to your “friend”
Fri 19 Jan 2018, 15:53
XCiTe Racing is pleased to announce Kaspersky as our title sponsor for the 2018 GSREC season. We are hoping that with their technology we won't have to worry about any leaks of our car development or personal driver images to 4chan.