Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2018 GSR Endurance Championship (PC2)

Mon 18 Dec 2017, 07:35

The Global Sim Racing Endurance Championship will return for it's 4th season in 2018! Stayed tuned for details!

Sun 22 Apr 2018, 14:11
Just catching up on yesterday’s race as I was away for the day . Interesting start to stint 2 from Samson’s point of view on his stream.

I have a message for the muppet from the supposed professional esports team that fucked up turn 1 at the beginning of the stint.

You don’t win an endurance race on turn one of a stint weather you are on the lead lap or not, all you will achieve is fucking up every else’s race and make yourself look like a complete and utter muppet.
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 14:29
Fully agree there, Marko. He wasn't even anywhere near the P1 pace after that, either so no need to push like that in a first corner.

Still, I myself misjudged Sam5om's speed in corner 8 at one point and bumped into him. Public apologies for that. Although I was more than a second per lap faster and would have surely caught him easily, it was still a 'race-spoiler'.
Sam5om taking matters in his own hands and deliberately retributing in the last corner of the second-to-last lap makes things a bit more bearable for me...
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 14:38
It has to be said that team THR’s driving standards need to be called into question.

Stint 1, Wildwind put brakes himself into turn one, taking our lifehigh, and causing copper to hit him, sustaining damage. He then proceeded to block copper whilst being lapped, he was ~8 laps down.

Stint 2. Mysterious (several laps down on the leaders) Bonzais down the middle of myself and basher, hitting me in the process. Then out braked himself in to turn one, hit the wall and I had no where to go.

Stint 3. Operator deliberately backs up into copper and has 3 contacts throughout the stint. Several THR gt3 cars ignoring blue flags,except for their teammates.

Their result for this round should be wiped and they should be put on probation for Le Mans. Any further dirty driving should result in their exclusion from the series.

There is no doubt they are fast over one lap, but this isn’t a TT series.
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 14:40
Well, my stint sure was interesting even if it was 4 laps.

Let me say this: I **knew** that was going to happen at least once. Someone was going to try to force it in turn one, lap one at Long Beach. It’s been a common thing that’s occured everything I raced there.

My stint was over when I had to pit for damage, and as I was coming out of the pits, I gassed it and apparently the pit limit turned itself off even though I had it on.

I had it mapped for some reason. I honestly forgot that it sets automatically if you don’t have it mapped.

But to get disqualified for rapidly speeding and only having 3 seconds to slow down isn’t surprising on how ass-backwards that logic is since it’s PCARS2.

Oh well, live and learn, onto Le Mans.
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 15:18
Those two t1 lap one incedents were a bit questionable. I can’t speak for driving standards after my three lap stint three where I crashed all three laps though. I'm pretty pissed off at myself about not double checking my setup and ruining my teams race, and possibly other peoples as well. We we’re in with a good shot at winning. I became inpatient after waiting so long to start that I rushed through the prerace screen. Totally my fault.
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 20:05
Posted by nSmokez420Ill be retiring from gsr, sorry guys. Pc2 is just not for me. To many problems.

I don't blame you for being frustrated with the game, Smokez. I'd say nearly all of us share the same feeling. I sure hope we haven't seen the last of you, though!
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 21:44
Didn’t really have any issues with the driving standards myself. The lobbies went smoother, could have gone better but was quite good. Long Beach is not a good track for multi class. Shouldn’t be done ever again. Pick Silverstone or Spa or something next time. Long Beach doesn’t suit
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 22:46
Posted by We1tyDidn’t really have any issues with the driving standards myself. The lobbies went smoother, could have gone better but was quite good. Long Beach is not a good track for multi class. Shouldn’t be done ever again. Pick Silverstone or Spa or something next time. Long Beach doesn’t suit

We have the 12 Hours of Spa in December, Welty. ;)
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 23:10
Posted by GSR Admin Team
Posted by We1tyDidn’t really have any issues with the driving standards myself. The lobbies went smoother, could have gone better but was quite good. Long Beach is not a good track for multi class. Shouldn’t be done ever again. Pick Silverstone or Spa or something next time. Long Beach doesn’t suit

Ok, Silverstone then lol
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 00:41
Yeah was fun , but never again 😂
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 01:54
Posted by We1ty
Posted by GSR Admin Team

Ok, Silverstone then lol

Silverstone is this Saturday. haha
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 05:11
I actually really enjoyed the stint I had that I didn’t drop the ball on. I was pretty skeptical about LB when it was announced on the schedule, but pleasantly surprised when it came to the actual race. Would do again, just hopefully not frustrated from a massive delay and impatient.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 05:35
Posted by WGIstation6aI actually really enjoyed the stint I had that I didn’t drop the ball on. I was pretty skeptical about LB when it was announced on the schedule, but pleasantly surprised when it came to the actual race. Would do again, just hopefully not frustrated from a massive delay and impatient.

I have to agree with you on that! I thought there would be carnage (well there was at the start) but everyone was almost spaced out and on there own.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 07:19
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 15:08
Any admin going to reply on the driving standards ?
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 15:12
I’m expecting a long post today after a full day of debrief. No need to force a statement until they’re ready to release it.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 16:41
Only asking for an update mike . I didn’t see any post from anyone saying that’s what they were doing .

Not forcing anything
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 16:53
Oh I know, I’m just saying when they’re ready, they’ll be ready. Obviously they’re not ignoring this, so stay patient.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 21:35
Posted by MrMarko1100Any admin going to reply on the driving standards ?

I wasn't there so obviously if I had anything to say on the matter I wouldn't have the first clue what I was talking about. I've be talking to the admins who were there as well as messaging various people to try to piece things together.
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:50