Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project CARS 2 Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:07

Discuss all things Project CARS 2 here.

Sun 24 Sep 2017, 06:57
Posted by MrMarko1100
Posted by BCKracer71
Posted by MrMarko1100Is there still a room being opened up today for testing etc ?

Nightmare should have a lobby open at the usual time.

Did anyone tell nightmare this ?
"

Sorry about that. Nightmare told me he would start a room up before he left for Kentucky Speedway. I've been in Texas for the past week and Blonde was busy petting a baby jaguar.

How is multiplayer looking?
Sun 24 Sep 2017, 08:51
Yeah sorry about thag, guys. We had a late change of plans and had to leave a little earlier than anticipated.

I did however get a chance to mess around with multiplayer on Friday and I was blown away by the amount of freedom you have with lobby settings. The overall server stability seemed to be improved greatly as well.
Sun 24 Sep 2017, 10:44
Fair enough so .
Sun 24 Sep 2017, 10:54
Posted by ThePennyTrader7I'll join you guys for some friendly testing sometime soon. I've only had some light testing so far in the LMP2s and some of the new GT3/E. I'm loving the game so far.

For those setting up their FFB for their wheels:
forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php

Pay attention to his suggested FFB settings within his post.

Cool man
Sun 24 Sep 2017, 22:50
Especially the full gain and after that controlling the actual force with volume helped me a lot!
After setting gain to 100 all was different. Enjoyed the game finally.. What I do not enjoy is the frame drops/stutters that occur especially with online races.
Does not seem to be (solely) graphics related although some circuits are actually not playable due to this, online or offline (Spa for instance).
Anyone else suffering from this?
Mon 25 Sep 2017, 00:15
The rare occasion I can actually get into an online lobby I have also had a severe stutter. I have also been getting occasional frame rate drops. As for ffb, I went a completely different direction and got some results I could feel happy with using a g920.
Mon 25 Sep 2017, 03:07
Not gameplay related, but I watched Marko’s stream this morning. On pc1 it would freeze up and lose connection at times, today it worked perfectly like I was watching it on tv. (He won the race for those wondering haha) I know the AI is an issue and the bugs are pretty prevelant but hopefully in a month or so with a few patches it will be great!
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:59
I wasn't very happy with it when I first tried it out I have a G920 and like most are saying about graphics and frame rate, but I went to colibrims and tried his and it was like a completely different game, he had turned the interior mirrors off the wheel off and some of the hud and it ran and looked brilliant, he has the TX wheel which the ffb was brilliant (100-40-30-20 are the settings he was using I think). When I was on project cars forum they've said there is a fault with the G920 ffb and are sorting a patch
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 13:52
Posted by Throwawaygra71I wasn't very happy with it when I first tried it out I have a G920 and like most are saying about graphics and frame rate, but I went to colibrims and tried his and it was like a completely different game, he had turned the interior mirrors off the wheel off and some of the hud and it ran and looked brilliant, he has the TX wheel which the ffb was brilliant (100-40-30-20 are the settings he was using I think). When I was on project cars forum they've said there is a fault with the G920 ffb and are sorting a patch

I've the g920 and have had no issues at all . I'm away working all week but when I'm home on Friday I'll fire the game on and send you my ffb settings
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 14:35
Do you not get a chattering while driving down a straight? Was yours ok when you first put it on or did you mess around with ffb settings?
Mines still not very good, not as good as pcars 1, and nowhere near colibrims. I've tried a few different settings but thought I'd wait for patch
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 20:32
Seems to be an issue with the G920. I had juddering once in an online practice at spa, I have a thrustmastrr tx.
After 1 lap the ai took over, so I just quit out and haven't experienced it since.

There's quite an extensive bug list so hopefully most of them get quashed sooner than later. A lot of the issues seem to stem from them using a third party to QA test the console versions.

A bit shocking really, if they'd on fired the game up on Xbox just once they'd have noticed all the low hanging fruit bugs like setups not saving and multiplayer disconnects.
Tue 26 Sep 2017, 20:55
Posted by Throwawaygra71Do you not get a chattering while driving down a straight? Was yours ok when you first put it on or did you mess around with ffb settings?
Mines still not very good, not as good as pcars 1, and nowhere near colibrims. I've tried a few different settings but thought I'd wait for patch

No I had to mess with the settings but I've pretty much dialled it out
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 18:37
formula rookie set up seems to be wrong. The rear spring rate is too soft compared to the front. If you experience rear end sweeping around, try increasing rear suspension stiffness.
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 19:16
I’ve been trying to fix that as well. Thank you !
Wed 27 Sep 2017, 22:11
I have a G920 too, oddly I've got great FFB on almost all classes of cars, but not GT3's sadly. Sometimes I can run certain GT3 cars with 10 AI, sometimes I can have 15, but anymore and the wheel goes crazy. Fix is on the way.
Thu 28 Sep 2017, 19:32
Posted by dakinca91I’ve been trying to fix that as well. Thank you !

I'm still struggling with it. I assume the car is 40/60 weight split the springs should reflect that somewhat.

Not sure if the rear is too soft or front is too stiff. The damn car already oversteers in mid corner.

Suspension travel looked normal but maybe too stiff overall ?!? I tried increasing the rear, decreasing the front, to no big difference. ARB is 20/2 so front is already very stiff compared to the rear so I'm stumped. I thought rear ARB was too soft but increasing it did not make it better.

Maybe keep increasing the front ARB-F ?!?
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 06:10
I've been trying many different set ups to not much difference. Biggest improvement came from setting Controller Damping from 90 down to 50. Immediately i got 2 back to back very fast laps at Algarve and second lap was personal best.
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 06:52
I've been having the same problem. I wound up softening the car all the way down, then bringing things gradually back up. I still can't totally get rid of the rear end just randomly letting go mid corner. I'm stumped. It seems to not like trail breaking at all, and enjoys riding the throttle the whole way around the bend. That's all I got.
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 19:53
Posted by WGIstation6aI've been having the same problem. I wound up softening the car all the way down, then bringing things gradually back up. I still can't totally get rid of the rear end just randomly letting go mid corner. I'm stumped. It seems to not like trail breaking at all, and enjoys riding the throttle the whole way around the bend. That's all I got.

I feel the same way. The oversteer occurs when rear gets a bit lighter and/or if the steering input is high.

Solution I have at the moment are:
1. Reduce the steering sensitivity and/or
2. Adjust the Steering Damping so I'm not trying to overcompensate for slow turn-ins
3. Slow down enough so I am off the brakes completely before the turn-in
Fri 29 Sep 2017, 20:16
I’ve tried moving the brake bias to compensate with it snapping but then you can only straight line brake which is kinda hard to do in these.

I’m thinking I’m going to try and drive it like a front wheel car and slow down before the turn and be full power thru the turns.