Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project CARS 2 Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:07

Discuss all things Project CARS 2 here.

Sat 30 Sep 2017, 03:32
It seems the oversteer condition comes from controller speed sensitivity setting. 90 worked well for me. I had it at 70 before. Then adjust the steering damping to your liking. I'm happy at 80. had another personal best without much effort so I'm pretty sure I've figured it out The problem.

The cars feel so good when you don't have to fight the gd controller.
Sat 30 Sep 2017, 22:30
adjusting the diffs is a good way to get rid of over (or under) steer.
Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:11
Posted by Gixer916eradjusting the diffs is a good way to get rid of over (or under) steer.

I would agree, if it was a car problem. I'm experiencing it on all cars, incl. FWD!

Tinkered with the analog controller settings and it seems to be better. Also AVOIDING driving over the apex strips.

The rumble strips seem to be very slippy :(
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 16:24
I have encountered couple of problems so far:

1. The game froze at the end of Formula Rookie Europe championship, TWICE. It worked on 3rd time. The race was enjoyable so did not mind repeating it but it should not have happened.

2. The car set-up saving is seriously messed up; it FORCES me to save everytime, suggests wrong file names/descriptions, and it even named the file after ANOTHER CAR that I last drove. I got tired of it so I'm just using default settings.

So there certainly are much room to fix the small things. When it comes to the drive, PCARS2 is great. I haven't even considered getting FM7 yet!
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 16:50
The set-up thing is apparently a known major bug so don't bother saving any set-ups until it is corrected.

I know the set-up changes do take effect (gear changes on Lotus 49, for example) but would advise against doing any serious work.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 17:13
Have you had the issue with your outside front tire smokes going around long high/mid speed sweepers? Drives me nuts. I can't tell if it's my tires scrubbing really hard, or if it's too much body roll and the tire is dragging. It doesn't usually feel in the wheel like I'm under steering that hard though.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 18:35
I am not sure if it was tire smoke or engine smoke but I had smoke pouring out in at least couple of career races so far; I think after I had a pit repair or restart or something like that. The car still drove fine despite the smoke.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 22:35
Does anybody else have an issue with the cars swaying from side to side like they're drunk at high speed? Ive been having this issue in the Ford GT GTE and the NSX GT3 the most but I haven't found any answers around the web.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 23:19
I still have a massive oscillation in the center of my wheel, that's causing me to be unable to drive straight. It's usually found on straights at higher speed. I'm not sure if they're related, but it's pretty annoying. I am ready for an update.
Tue 03 Oct 2017, 23:27
They probably are but I use a controller so there is no definite way of confirming it although your oscillations may be the wheels way of interpreting that weird motion. For me it just seems like I can never get the car to track straight regardless of setup changes.
Wed 04 Oct 2017, 10:51
Posted by WGIstation6aI still have a massive oscillation in the center of my wheel, that's causing me to be unable to drive straight. It's usually found on straights at higher speed. I'm not sure if they're related, but it's pretty annoying. I am ready for an update.

try turning the "FX" to 0, if that doesn't work try running with between 10 & 15 AI s the more AI there are the worse this effect seems to get. (only effects my wheel on GT3s, can run full grids of other cars)
Wed 04 Oct 2017, 18:24
@Jagd, I have not experienced side to side swaying yet but I also have not tried either of the cars you have mentioned.

@Formula Rookie people, I've tried the baseline tune at projectcarssetups.eu and it did stabilize the car. The default setting in the game seems to be on the stiff side. Biggest improvement in time though came from staying OFF those curbs and turning up the speed sensitivity.
Sat 14 Oct 2017, 05:49
Patch 2.0 just went live. We will pass along the specific patch notes when they are made available.
Sun 15 Oct 2017, 07:10
Patch 2.0 notes

forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php
Wed 18 Oct 2017, 20:38
Posted by WGIstation6aHave you had the issue with your outside front tire smokes going around long high/mid speed sweepers? Drives me nuts. I can't tell if it's my tires scrubbing really hard, or if it's too much body roll and the tire is dragging. It doesn't usually feel in the wheel like I'm under steering that hard though.

I keep seeing that in my mirrors but I use controller so I don't feel it; however it doesn't seem to be effect the performance of the car at all or upset it so it might be a graphical glitch of some sort? Can't find an answer online for it.
Wed 18 Oct 2017, 21:02
And how come nobody drives Saikitto?!?!? That track is pretty fun for a fake Suzuka; almost feels like a roller coaster.
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 01:39
Posted by Jagdpanther0224And how come nobody drives Saikitto?!?!? That track is pretty fun for a fake Suzuka; almost feels like a roller coaster.

I played Saikitto in your lobby today for the first time. Once I figured it out it was a blast. The LMP3 car shines here. It was a bummer your game froze after qualifying. I think we would have had a good race.
Fri 20 Oct 2017, 08:35
Would've been quite scary battling for position there since going side by side through all of the fast bits would be daring. Would love to do some multi-class there though *cough* GSREC *cough*.
Fri 24 Nov 2017, 02:38
Apparently a demo for PC2 went live today, which wouldn't normally be a thing to most here at this point. However, this particular demo appears to be on a build that is more developed than the current full copy build. So, this could be a glimpse of what’s to come when the long awaited patch three finally hits the street. I’ve played it some and to me it seems that some of the graphical issues have been worked out. There’s a couple other obvious changes too. I haven’t gotten to play on a wheel yet, as it’s thanksgiving and I didn’t want to put my family out by lugging all that stuff out. So, we’ll see if there’s any changes there.
Tue 28 Nov 2017, 00:55
Details on the first of four DLC packs have been released:

First Project CARS 2 DLC Coming This Winter, Will Feature New Tracks and Cars
As far as the expansion goes, “The Fun Pack” will come with new tracks and eight new cars, and the studio promises fans all new “sideways-action fun” to the game. As of now, no pricing information for the expansion has been announced, but here’s some of what you can expect to see when the expansion launches later this year:

The two new tracks are: Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross, and Brands Hatch Rallycross Historic

The eight new cars include two current WRX runners: Matthias Ekstrom’s Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro, and Petter Solberg’s Citroën DS3 RX Supercar

Three rides from Professional Fun-Haver and drifting world champion Vaughn Gittin Jr.: The Ford Bronco “Brocky”, Ford Mustang RTR Spec – 5D, and the Mustang ’66 RTR

Three Group B legends: The Ford RS200 Evolution, Renault R5 Maxi Turbo, and Audi Sport quattro S1