Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Dirt (Series) Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:13

Discuss all things to do with the Dirt series here.

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:22
Discuss all things Dirt Rally here.
Fri 06 Jan 2017, 00:21
DR is on sale (60% off) until Tuesday.
Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:29
I took advantage of the 60% off sale (which is still in effect)

Admittedly, I'm brand new to the world of rally racing. I've always been aware it exists, but that's pretty well where my knowledge ends. In recent days I've spent a bit of time doing some homework on the disciplines...rally vs rallycross (both are included in DR), the history of various cars, championships and drivers. Car selection is great and includes all the iconic rally racing machines throughout the history of the sport: 60's, 70's, the insanity of Group B, all the way to the top World Rally Championships cars of today.

I've been struggling quite a bit (and I suspect this will remain the case for quite some time), but I'm having an absolute blast learning to listen to the pace notes from my co-driver and trying to visualise what's ahead of me on these impossibly tight roads.

In short--I'm hooked!

If you're looking for a new and exciting sim-racing challenge, do yourself a favour and buy this!
Mon 30 Jan 2017, 22:09
Dirt 4 announcement teaser

www.youtube.com/watch
Mon 15 May 2017, 22:05
Here's an article on the differences between Dirt Rally and the upcoming Dirt 4.

www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331856725754/dirt-4-vs-dirt-rally-exclusive-dirt-4-screenshots-red-bull
Mon 15 May 2017, 22:16
This was good Blonde, I learned a few things.
Fri 09 Jun 2017, 09:15
Has anyone purchased Dirt 4 yet? I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.
Fri 09 Jun 2017, 18:09
I'm just after picking up a copy of it . I'm going to put about an hour or so into it later . I'll let you know my initial thoughts during the practice ?
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 21:58
I decided to live dangerously and purchased Dirt 4 yesterday. I've only played it for a few hours thus far, but at this point I'm giving it a solid one thumb up...I'm still undecided what to do with my other thumb though.

I find the menu presentation to be far too extreme for my taste. I much preferred the plain jane menu take it or leave it menu of Dirt Rally; but I digress...

They've made some curious changes as far as difficulty goes. For example, water splashes in DR nearly made you panic to turn on your wipers in time, otherwise you'd be blind. In D4 it's almost not worth the bother as the windshield is dry in around 1 second, and the splash is minimal. On the flipside, driving at night (especially in the rain) is even more terrifying than DR. That's a good thing.

I drove the buggy around for a bit and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I'm a little worried about the lack of circuits though...which was the same issue in DR.
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 22:02
Multiplayer features seem to be greatly improved over DR. I'm excited for the leagues update and would be very interested in adding this game to our official lineup if enough people are interested. If not, I'll enter rally championships etc in DSRL and/or AOR.
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 22:56
It looks like i'll have to give this game a go as well. Is it worth the full price or should I wait for a sale?
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 23:24
Posted by ThePennyTrader7It looks like i'll have to give this game a go as well. Is it worth the full price or should I wait for a sale?

Don't put that burden of responsibility on me. lol
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 00:36
Have you tried the rally cross yet ? It's intense
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 03:30
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by ThePennyTrader7It looks like i'll have to give this game a go as well. Is it worth the full price or should I wait for a sale?

Don't put that burden of responsibility on me. lol

Hahaha touche... I'll wait for a bit, but keep me posted on any thoughts on league events
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 20:52
Posted by MrMarko1100Have you tried the rally cross yet ? It's intense

Not yet.
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 01:32
The buggys, stadium trucks and crosskarts are fun, and I still haven't tried rallycross...but the rally portion just makes me want to play Dirt Rally. That's probably not a good sign. lol
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 14:42
Add me to the group of people who also got the game.
Wed 28 Jun 2017, 05:07
Patch 1 has been released.

www.isrtv.com/codemasters-dirt-series/dirt-4-version-1-04-available/
Wed 04 Oct 2017, 03:00
Dirt Rally is currently on sale for 75% off. Still a very worthwhile purchase.
Fri 26 Jan 2018, 00:03
Are we still thinking of running a Rally league at some point on either DiRT 4 or Rally? I’d be happy to help organise it