Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Project Cars 2 Announcement and Series Ideas

Tue 29 Aug 2017, 05:26

With the release of Project Cars 2 quickly approaching, we are excited to announce that GSR will be moving to Project Cars 2 on September 23rd at our usual time. This event will be unofficial and primarily a chance for us to test cars/tracks and assess the playability of the game.

Testing will continue each Saturday until we are sure the game is stable.Tentatively, we plan on moving forward with official championships around mid to late October.

In the mean time, we are asking members to submit some ideas for future series

Tue 29 Aug 2017, 05:37
Some series possibilities:

Formula X
Formula A (Formula One)
Formula Renault 3.5
Formula C (Formula 3)
Formula Rookie (Formula Ford)
100cc Karts
2016 IndyCar Series
1986 Formula One
1977 Formula One
1972 Formula One
1970 Formula One
1963 Formula One
1967 Formula Ford
1965 USAC
1968 USAC
Rallycross
M1 Procar
Group 6
1991 DTM
Group C
Early 90's IMSA GTO
90's GT1
90's-00's Prototype
IMSA
WEC
Pirelli World Challenge
1960's Sportscar
V8 Supercars
Renault Clio Cup
NASCAR
1969 Trans-Am
1978 World Sportscar Championship
1972 British Saloon Car Championship
Renault Megane Trophy
Renault Sport Trophy
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:23
I've been looking forward to some oval racing, I've never played or know anything about it but really want to try it out. Then I'm easy about anything else, would probably like a 2-3 hour lobby and do a few different things of 6-10 lap races. But like I say I'm easy be happy enough just to be on with you guys and hopefully we get our rating up a bit
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 14:16
I would like an Indycar series, but do a lower formula first. So everyone can get used to the ovals at a slower speed.

Also like the 2 race idea. Qualify race 1 and a short race. Then race 2 invert the field and do a little longer race, F2 style.

A GT4 series would be fun
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 20:44
Like the idea of Indy car and a gt4 series . Rallycross might even be worth a look to
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 23:03
A VLN type deal. Gt3, gt4, group a, tcr. All mixed for an endurance run would be fun.
Tue 29 Aug 2017, 23:23
Cayman club sport would probably be fun too.
Wed 30 Aug 2017, 04:59
I'm really looking forward to the 90's GT1 as those are my favorite GT cars of all time (Nissan R390 failboat is best car). Would like to see those in some multi-class racing with the 90-00 prototypes. Also curious to see how well the Group A category pans out with the R32 being added.
Thu 31 Aug 2017, 00:32
90's GT1, Formula Renault, WEC all sound great. Honestly, most of those series sound like a blast. I'm looking forward to it.
Thu 31 Aug 2017, 00:36
As much fun as a multi class series sounds. I don't think we can get the numbers required to make it fun. We have the endurance series, but other than that I like singe class. Having 12 people each weekend racing for victory sounds better than 2 classes of 6. But that's just me.
Thu 31 Aug 2017, 02:23
That's where VLN shines. GT3 takes top honors, and get the biggest turnout, but you can basically run what you have so long as its below gt3. If you want to race in a class with one car, so be it. If there's a couple Clio cup cars run with them if you want. Since they run the nordschlife endurance loop, it seems to be more of a driver vs the track affair than a car v. car race.
Thu 31 Aug 2017, 20:46
Sorry for my extended absence this Summer. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things in the Autumn after things settle down a bit.
Thu 31 Aug 2017, 23:22
I disagree dakinca, I understand having numbers, but 6-7 cars in one class is actually decent. Look at GT in the IMSA series, you only have a few pro teams before getting into the lesser GTD class. Also, look at LMP1 nowadays. There's only a few teams running, but that doesn't stop them from pushing each other. I think it's fine for a sim racing series, as long as people remain committed.
Fri 01 Sep 2017, 17:43
We would get 12 cars the first or second race in any series but the rest of the season inevitably there would be 2 or 3 people showing up in one class. I can only think of maybe 2 series ever that we have had 10+ people in every race.
Sun 03 Sep 2017, 17:45
Has the admins had any ideas as we get closer to release
Sun 03 Sep 2017, 20:19
Posted by Throwawaygra71Has the admins had any ideas as we get closer to release

I'm expecting for a few test series to get us up to xmas and then go full ahead in 2018 .
Sun 03 Sep 2017, 21:01
At the moment, we are planning on testing every week until we are sure the game is stable and ready to use, Hopefully, we will be able to get at least one series in before Christmas.

A decision and vote on specific series will be made after release so that we can get some testing in with the cars/tracks and have an informed opinion.
Sun 03 Sep 2017, 21:02
What about a testing session on the Saturday after release?
Like I said maybe a night of different cars and tracks
Sun 03 Sep 2017, 23:17
Posted by Throwawaygra71What about a testing session on the Saturday after release?
Like I said maybe a night of different cars and tracks

"With the release of Project Cars 2 quickly approaching, we are excited to announce that GSR will be moving to Project Cars 2 on September 23rd at our usual time. This event will be unofficial and primarily a chance for us to test cars/tracks and assess the playability of the game."
Mon 04 Sep 2017, 03:09
I'm actually getting fairly excited for an indycar experience that doesn't involve forza. I know PC had the indycar, but it never felt right to me. Hopefully pc2 gets it better.
Mon 11 Sep 2017, 14:42
I preordered the deluxe edition a few weeks ago.

I don't normally pre-order games because I don't believe in that practice, but from what I've seen... yeah, this game is going to be GOTY. I've even considered not buying Forza 7 cause there's nothing there appealing wise.

"Oooh, 4K. Look how pretty everything is! Too bad you need the new Xbox to fully experience it."