Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Rookie Raceline Dice Challenge

Tue 16 May 2017, 00:04

As many of you know, Firben runs a website called Rookie Raceline. It's a relatively new venture for him, and he more or less covers all things sim racing on Xbox. Pretty cool project.

One thing that really caught my eye recently is the Rookie Raceline Dice Challenge; it's a really unique idea he's come up with that's open to a lot of creativity and outside the box type thinking. Give it a look!

www.rookieraceline.com/dicechallenge-ideas/

Tue 16 May 2017, 05:28
This really is a pretty cool idea. I like the freedom of utilizing the dice roll as a PI and letting people tune their own car to that number. Very interesting.
Tue 16 May 2017, 11:31
Hey guys!
Thanks for bringing this up Mr Blonde!
If you at some point could be interested in running a series off the dice challenge (new values go up every 2 weeks) i'd be more than glad to promote it and GSR as well.

There are many ways of running these, but the most popular are either to let each driver tune their own car to a specific value, or add a margin to the dice roll, and allow racers to pick a stock car from within that range. The first option really teaches you how to tune, but requires some time. The second option often takes you through some interesting cars that you never have driven before. i like the last quite a lot, but some racers might not like the challenge of sluggish handling.

There are more options at the link Mr Blonde has shared, but these are only suggestions. If you guys can come up with something entirely different that could be great as well!

New values will be up on Saturday ;)
Wed 17 May 2017, 08:01
I'll be sure to give it a go once you post the new one this weekend!
Sat 20 May 2017, 11:43
New Dice Challenge numbers are up:
www.rookieraceline.com/dice-challenge-345/
Are you guys up for some fun?
Sun 21 May 2017, 08:54
I'll give it a go this week!
Mon 22 May 2017, 23:51
So you build and tune the car. What then?
Tue 23 May 2017, 06:23
Posted by GRD 4 3LSo you build and tune the car. What then?

We could start by holding an in house weekly time trial competition or something.
Wed 24 May 2017, 18:56
Posted by GRD 4 3LSo you build and tune the car. What then?

Well, it's entirelly up to the group.
Some groups race the cars against each other. Others run hot lap challenges. Again some just stick to one car, tuned by a member, and run speck races.
Its all up to you guys :)