Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Forza Motorsport 7 Discussion

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:10

Discuss all things Forza Motorsport 7 here.

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 23:21
Discuss all things Forza Motorsport 7 here.
Mon 03 Apr 2017, 20:55
Rumor has it, the specs for Project Scorpio will be released this week, Thursday. A showcase title is supposedly Forza 7 in 4k.
Mon 03 Apr 2017, 23:13
Autumn release probably?
Mon 03 Apr 2017, 23:19
Wait a tick...so will it be playable on the One? What is the Scorpio? Modern day version of Sega's 32X?
Tue 04 Apr 2017, 08:10
What? You have not been keeping up?

All XB1 titles are and will be playable on XB1. Scorpio is the codename for the higher power XB1, similar to PS4 Pro, launching late this year. And cost one million $.
Tue 18 Apr 2017, 22:42
Posted by GRD 4 3LWhat? You have not been keeping up?

I really haven't. lol
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 00:18
Release date October 3rd.

www.youtube.com/watch
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 14:01
30 environments in FM7, and we already have 24 (so that means we're seeing six more).

Confirmed so far:
- New Dubai Road Track (to show off their pretty car)
- Mugello
- Maple Valley (YES, YES, YES!)

If I'm going to speculate the next three:

- Surfers Paradise, since FH3 had the city I can only assume they'll add the track.
- Sedona, since it adds an oval, road course, and the combined roval. Plus, it's from FM4.
- Camino/Iberian/Ladera circuits(?), since it says environments and all three are together in one.

Read somewhere that Tsukuba probably won't be in because of how expensive the licensing of adding Japanese tracks is. Sucks, but that's always been a fun short track to race on.

Trailer and gameplay really didn't stood out to me. 700 cars, oh boy, how exciting. I bet that means we're getting 20 Indycars, 40 NASCAR's, and all Formula E cars.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to PCARS2 (hell, even NASCAR HEAT 2 if they can fix it).
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 21:32
I noticed they've added old Monza. Also, they are finally using period correct helmets for classic cars. Not a big deal, I know, but wearing a 2017 helmet in a 1960's grand prix car has always annoyed me.
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 21:37
Although you have to take everything you see at E3 with a pinch of salt, I'm just glad to hear that everything (should) work across both one x/one, just have to pray for no hiccups like the PS4 pro had. Is it too much to wish that they'll add cosmetic DLC's (body kits, spoilers, etc.) to compensate for some free track DLC's? Would be nice to get some more of the classic FM tracks back (I really miss Sunset Peninsula) and more of the Japanese or other miscellaneous tracks like Adelaide and Anderstorp.
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 21:39
Wait a tick....old Monza is in the PC 2 trailer-not FM 7. It's all starting to blur together for me. lol
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 14:29
Suzuka is confirmed, so much for that licensing fee issue that was brought up. www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/6gtqwl/suzuka_confirmed_for_fm7/

Still, I want to see Tsukuba on there. However, I did read that there's going to be "over" 30 environments in the game. I say environments because Homestead dry and wet do not count as two tracks.
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 19:59
Until they implement a dynamic weather system and a proper FFB model I doubt I'll buy another Forza game. Which will no doubt screw me in next years endurance championship (unless we run it all in PCars 2, hint hint 😉).
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 20:06
I'm going to get it, but might wait until The price drops a little.
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 07:01
"Plus, with HDR and race conditions that change each time you return to the track, Forza Motorsport 7 was crafted as a visual masterpiece." I don't know what that means for dynamic weather however that may hint that reused (aka night, day, wet) track variants won't be counted to inflate track count which is nice. Things are sounding good for now, just waiting for the car list....
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 19:18
Here is a little bit of new info I've yet to see. www.gtplanet.net/info-blowout-revealed-forza-motorsport-7/
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 20:26
Posted by Jagdpanther0224"Plus, with HDR and race conditions that change each time you return to the track, Forza Motorsport 7 was crafted as a visual masterpiece." I don't know what that means for dynamic weather however that may hint that reused (aka night, day, wet) track variants won't be counted to inflate track count which is nice. Things are sounding good for now, just waiting for the car list....

Maybe that means the track environment/weather is refreshed at every entry but NOT changing through out the race/event. It sounds like a logical development progression to me; T10 tends to take their progress slow.

I was OK with the puddles but not truly pleased because you know where the dangers were for the whole race + many of the puddles were placed at locations where one would not typically see them in the real world, eg. on slopes. SMS leads in this technical department . . .

Overall, I think we are in great era. Sony has GT. MS has FM. PCARS+AC for all. Good times.
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 23:03
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxHere is a little bit of new info I've yet to see. https://www.gtplanet.net/info-blowout-revealed-forza-motorsport-7/

Thanks for the link, hopefully the FFB issues get addressed along with the wheel compatibility improvements. I also really love the improvements they seem to be making in terms of the progression of a race session and what sounds like a reintroduction of public custom lobbies hopefully. also that bit about photogrammetry sounds nice but we'll see how well that works.
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 23:06
hopefully with the third party titles it will push the bigger Microsoft/Sony to improve a bit more due to competition on their very own system. Competition breeds excellence especially for the consumer.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 03:52
www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php

Some info on the Assetto Corsa forum about FM7. Some stuff which has already been talked about but also some other stuff that's been discussed in interviews like a penalty system (Finally).