Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

We1ty's idea, but slightly different, and with an actual date.

Sat 22 Jul 2017, 02:37

I feel as though We1ty was onto something with his 60 laps of the glen race, but it seems to be falling to the wayside. I'd like to propose a slightly condensed version of it. Does anyone have any interest in running a 60 minutes of the glen race next Saturday at three eastern daylight time? The basic parameters would be the same as We1ty had, LMP2 and GT3 cars running at Watkins Glen. Since there is currently nothing else scheduled series wise next Saturday it seems like a good fit.

I'd like to use current time and weather.

Sat 22 Jul 2017, 02:42
I may implement a couple restrictions of GT3 cars since a couple of them are really GTE cars. Mainly the Corvette, and the one Aston. We'll see. If this thing picks up steam I'll run some tests to see if they're actually balanced.
Tue 25 Jul 2017, 05:48
I could be available this weekend. I'd be interested in running the RWD LMP2. I'm hoping others take notice of this.
Tue 25 Jul 2017, 08:57
I'm in with a c7.r if we do this.
Wed 26 Jul 2017, 02:55
In the interest of inclusion, I will not exclude any GT3 cars. So the C7.R is fair game. I put a post up on the Xbox clubs page to try and muster up some people. If we have some people, but not enough to make two classes fun/work, I'll switch over to a straight up GT3 race since more people are usually into that. For the record, I would be running in the RWD P2 car otherwise. Here's hoping we get some people.
Fri 28 Jul 2017, 11:13
I think I should be able to make it, I'll go with the Oreca (P2).
Sat 29 Jul 2017, 04:43
Right on. Looks like we have a few people. I'm not really up on talking to the other people in the group outside of the forum. Does anyone here know if there are others interested in joining up?

In game start time is going to be 15:00, Weather is currently looking to be dry, but heavily overcast. There is still a chance of rain though.
Sat 29 Jul 2017, 23:18
Welp, we came, we ran, I dont think any of us finished, and a bot in a RS01 was well on the way to victory. Thanks to Mission and Colton for giving it a shot. Maybe next time we can get a few more people, and not have to fill the grid with bots that drive like dicks.

Blonde, thanks for being wiling to run, sucks your game corrupted and you weren't able to. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get that all sorted.
Tue 01 Aug 2017, 04:00
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to promote any other site, so please don't take it this way. I am merely trying to see if anyone would be interested in helping me field a GSR team of drivers in the DSRL 1000km at Watkins Glen in an LMP2 car. They have the race set to one specific LMP2 car. I thought it might be fun to get a few of us together and have a fun race. It's on August 6th. Let me know if any of you would like to join me.
Thu 03 Aug 2017, 00:09
what car, and how would stints work? I may be able to do a stint depending on time and such.
Fri 04 Aug 2017, 06:12
Here's the info: www.thedsrl.com/t543-1000km-of-watkins-glen-briefing

Stints are roughly 1hr 15 mins. 4 stints total. All set in the Oreca Nissan LMP2