Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

FM7, PC2 and the future of GSR (Discussion Thread)

Tue 13 Jun 2017, 21:33

Gentleman,

With the release of Project CARS 2 on September 22nd, and Forza Motorsport 7 on October 3rd; it's that time again where there are more questions than answers regarding what GSR will soon look like.

We started exclusively on FM4 on the Xbox 360 in February 2013. Since then, we have moved to the One, moved from FM5 to FM6 and added PC to our repertoire.

As these release dates inch closer, we'd like to open a dialogue on this thread. What are your plans? Which upcoming title(s) have your eye? As always, GSR will adapt, but we want to know what our members are thinking about the future of GSR; so let's hear it!

Tue 13 Jun 2017, 21:34
Let's rap!
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 21:47
PC2- will get day 1.
Forza - will get, but might wait for price to drop in a few months. (Unless some Indycar stuff happens Racing wise)

How about just running a couple short series after the games come out then start in full after the new year .
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 22:20
PCars 2 day one. Not likely to get Forza unless I find it in a bargin bin. Same with Dirt 4. Asseto corsa is supposed to get the update in the next week or so, but not sure how many people have it or if there are any plans to run at leagues.
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 22:42
Purely with my member hat on...

I'll absolutely be purchasing PC2 when it is released (though I still don't believe it will be September 22nd. lol)

As it stands right now...I haven't seen anything from Turn 10 that makes me want to buy FM7. Though that could change as more information is released.

Also, I'd really like for us to officially getting into the world of Dirt (Rally and/or 4). It would provide us with something that neither PC or FM can offer.
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 23:07
Project Cars 2 is already pre-ordered for this guy.

As for FM7..... well I've had them all and nothing compares to FM4 and because of Pcars it doesn't feel good, so like most I may buy it when it's on sale.

Now I'd be down to buy Dirt Rally but i'm not 100% on Dirt 4 the only thing that interests me is how you can create your own stages, which would work well for GSR.
Tue 13 Jun 2017, 23:13
I recently purchased Assetto Corsa but haven't had a chance to really test it, but from just a couple quick laps it felt really good, just very limited options which isn't a good thing for a league.
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 04:08
I will be getting PC2, DR and Dirt 4, and most likely will be getting Forza 7 however I don't know if it would be an immediate purchase considering how little we know about it. I'm also debating getting Assetto Corsa however I think most of that game's appeal is in mods and console can't get those. I'm interested to see if FM7 will have cross play between Xbox and PC and also what the car list will be (praying for a proper GTR LM NISMO to compete in the endurance championship if it carries over), so one of those will decide my purchase. I'm new to GSR so I can't really talk about it's future, however I would really look forward to some dirt events.
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 05:54
FM7 YES
PC2 MAYBE
D4 NO
AC I LOVE IT
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 14:04
Assassin's Creed GRD? Lol, kidding.

As for me, The number one game that I'm looking forward to is PCARS2. That game has me sold. With the addition to Daytona, Texas and Indy (along with the indycars), it's got me thinking they've improve the gameplay to simulate oval racing. Plus, mark this prediction down, Daytona will be the Opener for the 2018 GSREC.

Forza Motorsport 7... I mean, I could care less about 4K quality and 60fps on a racing game. I have a 1080p 24inch TV and that alone looks great. I don't care about graphics (unless it's substantially noticeable to the point where I can see it's really bad), I care about the game and replay-ability. That being said, Forza 7 looks to be underwhelming compared to PCARS2.

DiRT 4 is one of those games where, "If more and more people get it and we're going to start doing official leagues on there, I'll get it." I really liked DiRT Rally, so in the future I may look into getting this.
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 14:10
Lastly, NASCAR HEAT 2! Oh boy, did I just muttered the dreaded words on GSR? NASCAR? Ban this guy, now!

But in all seriousness, if 704games can improve (and trust me, there's alot to improve from last years colossal dumpster fire) the gameplay, sounds, and online... I think I may get this game too as well. I would be interested in starting up a NasTruck League on the weeknights, but it woudn't be the full season (at best, 8 races) because it would probably end up like the failed F1 league last year.

Though, I highly doubt the majority of GSR will pick-up this game when it comes out.

As for the future of GSR, I really think we should close the year out with FM6 and PCARS, that way we can move on to FM7/PCARS2 in 2018. It also gives people time to get the game and get used to it in the meantime.
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 15:53
pCars 2: No-brainer... MUST buy!
AC (with 1.14 update incl. private lobbies) might be interesting, too. Best 'sim-feel' and car handling out there on Xbox One (at least on my TX leather wheel set).
FM7: In doubt. If car handling and (TX) feedback is improved (greatly) compared to FM6 I will definitely buy it.
Dirt 4: Not sure yet. Mixed feelings and contradicting reviews. I will wait for now.
DiRT Rally: Best rally sim for Xbox IMHO. Own it and love it incl. the occasional Racenet league event.

In general I can say I love the delicate handling of lightweight race cars. Don't care too much for the heavyweight powerhouses and/or ovals.
That being said, the amount of members actively joining the races is still an issue, right?
Maybe it is an idea to also ask around what members think can be done to improve this (oops, I may have just done that right now..)
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 16:38
Re ideas: podium celebrations and champagne gets my vote 😉
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 19:16
Posted by Dead Arm TzarRe ideas: podium celebrations and champagne gets my vote 😉

That's not in the budget, you'll have to settle for a slow clap and a juice box
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 20:14
Like most everybody else has said, I'll definitely be getting Project CARS 2. Not decided on Forza 7 yet as Turn 10 has yet to show me any real improvements to the game outside of visuals. I'm sure we'll find out a lot more when we get to Gamescon towards the end of August.

Just purchased Dirt 4 yesterday and in the short time I played it I really enjoyed it. It's more like Dirt Rally 2 in a sense in terms of physics compared to the regular Dirt franchise. Trophy trucks are an absolute blast even though the AI is extremely easy to beat.

As a NASCAR guy I really hope NH2 is a massive improvement over the first game. I'll probably hold off on getting this immediately to see what people say regarding the handling model.
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 00:01
Posted by Murphys LaaawlAs for the future of GSR, I really think we should close the year out with FM6 and PCARS, that way we can move on to FM7/PCARS2 in 2018. It also gives people time to get the game and get used to it in the meantime.

That was the plan the last time new games came out. It didn't work so well and we ended up changing games mid-season. People don't like playing outdated games when there is a new model out.

PC2 - Will buy day one.
FM7 - Will buy week one, mostly because I've already bought the past 6 and I'm a completist, lol. It does look pretty underwhelming, though. The features they have show (driver customization and dynamic weather) so far are good ideas, but it is slightly worrying that those seem to be the only real changes they've done.
Dirt 4 - Might buy if it goes on sale.
F1 2017 - Possibly.
Assetto Corsa - Maybe it will be functioning by the time PC2 and FM7 come out...
NASCAR Heat 2 - Nope.
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 04:08
PC2 - day one purchase
FM7 - will wait and see. I'm hoping a demo comes out to show better feeling when driving with a wheel
AC - I already own, just waiting for the update (if it ever comes at this point)
F1 2017 - I will purchase eventually
Dirt 4 - will likely purchase, if we are pursuing league racing. I may still pick up for career mode on a discount.
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:58
Gran Turismo Sport - Day One. Have to support this franchise being the premiere PS4 league on the internet....oh wait.

First off good thread, really interesting reading everyone's thoughts.

PC2 - Day one. Suprised to see so many of the league in the same boat.
FM7 - Day one. It's my fun racer that I can play to not take too seriously. I expect many more features to be discussed though. For whatever reason, they aren't spending the time at E3 for it.
D4 - No buy, Dirt Rally is enough for me at the moment
AC - Excited for the update and if anything, if no official series are ran, some fun, non-series GSR racing with members.
NH2- Probably won't buy but interested to see the improvements. Seems they've taken criticism to heart.
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 20:17
Posted by LMP Basher
AC (with 1.14 update incl. private lobbies) might be interesting, too. Best 'sim-feel' and car handling out there on Xbox One (at least on my TX leather wheel set).

I agree. When I want to feel realism and AWESOME replays, I go to AC. No other title gives me the track bumpiness like AC does; you can see it (car hood), you can hear it (transmission), and feel it (traction).

Requires a little bit of controller advanced settings fine tuned to each driver though to get smooth steering; default values feel way TOO twitchy/sensitive . . . for me anyways.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 18:45
PC2 - getting it asap
FM7 - I don't know, maybe if i hear they fixed the ffb/ physics.
Dirt 4 - I'll probably wait for a sale. I would be very interested in more Dirt Rally leagues though.
AC - Have it, love it. It just currently has a kind of crappy lobby system, so I don't play it all too much.
Fri 18 Aug 2017, 16:18
With FM7 releasing on Windows 10 and having cross-platform multiplayer, I'm really tempted getting it asap and coming back to GSR after 4 year hiatus :)