Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Renault Clio Cup

Wed 15 May 2013, 12:39

All discussions related to Renault Clio Cup goes here

Thu 16 May 2013, 00:53
What times are you guys getting in practice for Camino Viejo? I was on track for 15 minutes today and was able to crack into the 48's. Turn 2 is a KILLER! I'll be doing a lot of practice over the next couple of days so if you see me on Forza feel free to jump into my lobby.
Thu 16 May 2013, 01:01
I am in the low 49 every practice I drop times a little am using lanky tune so I know lower times are there but they they are hiding from me.
Thu 16 May 2013, 20:49
Fierce Dragoon and The Camber King you guys should start a team together. Send ABLanky15 a message and ask him what paint you guys can use.
Thu 16 May 2013, 23:10
The 2 paints we've currently got available are the Westbourne motors paint

and the SSFT paint

The rest are already in use at the moment!! :)
Thu 16 May 2013, 23:54
I'll get on it now! :)

Okay Dragon, I'll try and get that sent to you tomorrow!

On the topic of times, I'm on a 47.7 still, could potentially knock a tenth or two off that if the whole lap was perfect, but not a whole lot more!! Turn 2 is really difficult with having to turn in before you can see the apex! If you get it right you can sometimes get it with just a slight lift!
Fri 17 May 2013, 17:38
Looking forward to tomorrow. Alothough I have had no time to prepare after beeing so sick. I will be on tonight getting ready, and just hope I can pull something together :/
Sat 18 May 2013, 07:12
I will miss the race tomorrow see you guys next week fir drafting
Sat 18 May 2013, 11:29
Yep, you'll get an invite 5-10 mins before the race start time. You don't need to join the car club, however all the official series cars are in there, so it is useful for practice! I'm glad you're excited, the Clio Cup provides some really close and very interesting racing!!

As usual there will be a practice lobby set up around 1 hour before the race start time for last minute practice. I would highly recommend attending due to how tight this circuit is to get some practice running with traffic!
Sat 18 May 2013, 23:22
Well, that was crappy. I'll try again next race. Weird though, I have never had lobby issues before.
Sat 18 May 2013, 23:47
It seems my bad luck has returned, finishing race 1 and 3 with 100% aero damage! Great racing though, having 6-7 of us fighting for the first few positions was brilliant!

Edit: Updated results for the first 2 races. Race 3 results will be updated soon!
Edit #2: It seems in race 1 when me and Clyde got lag my car was accelerated to 192mph! Pretty impressive!!
Sun 19 May 2013, 00:50
First of all, I apologize to Fierce Dragoon and Gitchi for some contact that I had with them in the three races. I really feel bad for the couple of times that I locked up at turn three and ran into the back of you guys, sorry for that.

That being said, though, I had a blast. Race 3 reminded me so much of the CCRO days with Gitchi, Green, Lanky, and I battling for the podium spots at one point. I think I might have to do the rest of the Clio Cup rounds, that was simply too much fun. Easily the closest racing we've had in a long time. And on another note, I suspect that we can definitely get a full lobby for the next few races, so things are really looking up.
Mon 20 May 2013, 00:02
Glad you guys had some good racing... I'm back from my trip and ready race.
Mon 20 May 2013, 11:37
Great weekend at Camino! I think Camino is one of the greatest tracks for close racing where more then 2 drivers are involved and Camino being what it is, there will always be bumping and rolling cars (Green) :)

Bring on Hockenheimring!
Mon 20 May 2013, 19:56
Posted by GitchiManidoo...Camino being what it is, there will always be bumping and rolling cars (Green) :)
And crashing into rolled cars! ;)

Posted by GitchiManidooBring on Hockenheimring!
Indeed, it should be interesting running this layout in the clios, not really a layout I've ever raced on before! Hopefully it will bring some close racing!
Tue 21 May 2013, 17:58
Can't say I'm happy with my performance at Camino. Not that I didn't expect it, I've always been quite slow on well, slow tracks. And corner 2 is ghastly. I was way off the pace during race 1 and found some confidence only during race 3. But it was fun! And that's what really matters.

Hopefully we'll see a full grid and less lag at Hockenheim. It should be a fun one, and I should be more competitive than I was at Camino, hopefully.

@Lanky: congrats for that! I think that will be the highest speed ever recorded on a Clio! = P
Tue 21 May 2013, 18:34
I did notice you were a lot slower than usual Clyde, come back strong at Hockenheim! :) The 2nd corner is rediculous, even more so with broken rear suspension, makes the rear end like a pogo stick! Yeah, it was a fun race, even though I crashed a lot!

Hopefully so, having 11 of us even with a few missing is impressive!
Mon 27 May 2013, 11:02
Looking forward to Hockenheim, should be interesting! What times are people getting? I'm in the mid-highh 1:12's consistently, occasionally getting a low 12!
Mon 27 May 2013, 16:19
I'm running similar times mate... I'm still trying to find the correct braking point for the turn with the wall.. I peach it every now and then but I struggle to find consistency on that turn.. I guess there will be a number of instances at that turn over the 3 races :)
Tue 28 May 2013, 16:37
I too will no be racing. My city is hosting the Ontario Para-Sport Games, and my organization and I are in charge of transportation to/from events. So I will need to be on hand to assist the activities.
Thu 30 May 2013, 14:27
Hi all! Is it too late for me to race as an invitational or something? I'm not bothered about points I just want to enjoy some close racing again ;)