Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Miata Cup

Sat 06 Jul 2013, 11:58

All discussions related to the Miata Cup go here!

Mon 08 Jul 2013, 01:46
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 09:37
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:04
I'm looking forward to this series. I've been driving this car around Sunset Club quite a bit and I think we are going to have some very intense and close racing much like we had in the Jetta Cup and Clio Cup.
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 19:02
Do you guys mind deleting me from this series. I didn't see Simulation Steering was mandatory when I signed up. There is no way to compete with a wheel using a higher degree of steering input(720/900).

I just tried out a high powered RWD car with SS to verify that the problem is still there and with the gamepad there is no problem at all, I can catch all sorts of slides but trying to catch slides with the wheel is just ridicoulus. There are many threads on forzamotorsport.net's forum about this issue.
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 19:04
Bogani, what model wheel do you use? If it's a Fanatec, I would be glad to try and help out. I've used simulation steering with up to 540 degrees of rotation without any huge issues.
Sun 14 Jul 2013, 20:51
I'm sure Schubeedoo, donpost and Apex would also be more than happy to help you out.
Mon 15 Jul 2013, 00:59
Posted by ElChupacabra962Bogani, what model wheel do you use? If it's a Fanatec, I would be glad to try and help out. I've used simulation steering with up to 540 degrees of rotation without any huge issues.

I use a GT2.

Sure, it will probably be better with 540. And even better if I go down as low as 270. The lower the degrees of rotation the more the wheel will match the analogue stick of the gamepad.
The thing is, I've bought a wheel with 900 degrees of rotation and I want to be able to use it all without being punished for it. If I rack it down to 270 to make the game playable I could have gone for the Microsoft wheel instead.

Using 900 degrees is not a problem in GT5, Race Pro or in PC sims, only in Forza. The sim steering mode in Forza, when using a wheel, is broken. The creator of the Fanatec wheels adressed this himself.
Mon 15 Jul 2013, 02:15
Oh, I have a CSR. Have you tried messing with the force feedback settings on the wheel itself? If I understand correctly, I don't think that this is recommended, but my force feedback on my wheel was only 70 when I used it in CCRO. That may have had something to do with why I didn't have any huge issues. Maybe that's worth a shot.

Either way, I promise you that even with a sensitivity of 270, a proper wheel like yours will still feel great compared to something like the Microsoft wheel, because of the force feedback and vibration. I understand that you want to use 900 degrees, but I'm sure that the racing will make it worth backing the sensitivity down to a more useable setting. I wanted to use 900 when I got my CSR, but simply couldn't handle it - but you hardly even notice the lower-degree setting when you're in a good battle.
Mon 15 Jul 2013, 21:29
Hey Bogani you should try the car before backing out. Its really easy&fun to drive! I would say its easier than the Jetta (=

(just letting you know)

I did try the car out and as it is quite slow the problem with simulation steering and 900 degrees on Fanatec isn't quite as big. Thanks though :)
Wed 17 Jul 2013, 04:25
these things are a blast to drive once i figured out how to keep from spinning in the first turn.now to get faster
Wed 17 Jul 2013, 09:03
lol. Take turn 1 flat and cut the corner....but watch out for those tires. :)
Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:04
i was and the back would step out and with sim steering i couldn't catch it
Wed 17 Jul 2013, 21:22
I'm online now if anyone wants to run a bit of practice.
Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:05
Turn 1 is fine as long as you stick to the outside wall before the turn, then smoothly turn the car through the corner (You're not going fast enough to need full lock here, if you're using full lock you'll be losing a lot of time!)

Hopefully that helps! :)
I'm finding the last corner turning onto the oval and the one before that to be the places the car likes to slide, which can really mess up the lap!
Fri 19 Jul 2013, 23:05
RULE CHANGE: Manual with clutch is now optional.
Wed 31 Jul 2013, 19:50
We have 4 open entry spots for this championship if any of you guys wish to jump in last minute.

* Remember this is a Sunday series, but it only runs every second Sunday.
Fri 02 Aug 2013, 21:01
lol wonderful. I've sent you the base paint and tune.
Sun 04 Aug 2013, 02:08
Sorry guys but I'm not going to be able to make the races tomorrow as I'm heading out of town first thing in the morning and will be gone until Wednesday night.

Schubeedoo will be the host so be sure to send him a FR so you can get into his lobby before the races start. Have fun!
Thu 08 Aug 2013, 19:59
Beginning with next weekends races at Sebring normal steering IS allowed.
Fri 09 Aug 2013, 22:08
I just watched back the replay of race 1 and the top four drivers were within 0.5 second of each other all the way up until lap 7 :D great stuff.

As an aside, does anyone else think the replay cameras on Forza are absolute guff?