Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Miata Cup

Sat 06 Jul 2013, 11:58

All discussions related to the Miata Cup go here!

Sat 10 Aug 2013, 04:40
Can you send me a replay of rounds 1 and 2 Don? I'd like to give it a watch.

Hope the racing at Sebring is just as close!
Sun 11 Aug 2013, 15:04
I only saved race 1 - race 2 was a bit poo for me lol.

I'll send it over next time I'm on :)
Thu 15 Aug 2013, 09:46
Just an early reminder that rounds 3 and 4 are this Sunday at our usual time. :)
Sun 18 Aug 2013, 20:02
The practice lobby will be open for 1 hour before the race. (Opens at 2pm eastern/7pm gmt)
Sun 01 Sep 2013, 10:27
Reminder that rounds 5 and 6 are TODAY at Road Atlanta Club at 3:00pm eastern/8:00pm gmt!
Sun 01 Sep 2013, 21:34
Unfortunately I wont make the race tonight - Its been a long day at Silverstone watching the MotoGP :)
Sun 01 Sep 2013, 21:56
Sorry to do this so late but I'm not going to be able to make tonight's races :-( If somebody other than Green can win that'd be great ;-)
Tue 03 Sep 2013, 17:22
FYI for any Fanatec wheel owners...

I flashed and upgraded the firmware for my Fanatec wheel. I was experiencing wonky things occasionally, especially when the wheel was using preset 1 for Forza. It wouldn't re-center after calibration (though it would for the other four presets), sometimes the buttons would do strange things in the menus (paddles would start acting like the "A" button), double shifts, and other weirdness.

After I flashed and upgraded the firmware from 750 to 757 (and re-centered, calibrated the shifter, and re-entered all five of the pre-sets from notes), the severe "understeer" and "linear" problems while racing seem to be gone. At times most cars felt like I was driving right on top of the front wheels (for lack of a better way of explaining it). It was often too easy for the car to snap one way, then the other.

We'll see if this makes any difference. Of course I need to be prepared and my "head" has to be in the right place as well for a good race.
Tue 03 Sep 2013, 23:47
Hopefully that fixes it for you. That was some rough luck you had at Road Atlanta.
Thu 05 Sep 2013, 01:18
Damn Apex you got smashed into AGAIN? Seems to happen every race :(

Cheers for the heads up on the new firmware - no idea what I'm running but I get at least two double shifts per race, and that thing where the paddles act like the "A" button so maybe it'll fix it.
Sun 15 Sep 2013, 04:07
Looks like I can't make the race tomorrow. I'm shooting photos at an all-day event.
Sun 15 Sep 2013, 09:00
Not a problem, Apex. Thanks for the heads up.
Sun 15 Sep 2013, 20:57
Okay, just got back in. So... if I can get my cameras unloaded, start transferring photos (500+) and run some practice laps, I might be able to "make it" today...

Unless my friend calls me back in the next hour and still wants video of his daughter's baptism ceremony (but it's getting late for that).
Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:37
Good racing at the weekend. Loving the reverse grid races!
Thu 19 Sep 2013, 08:40
There was some wild stuff going on in race 2; tons of position (and paint) trading in the back of the pack. Between the Jetta Cup and Miata Cup I'd say Infineon has given us some of the most exciting racing we've had so far!
Mon 30 Sep 2013, 00:35
Epic last two races - really close racing throughout! Well done Green on wining the series.
Tue 01 Oct 2013, 00:17
Congrats to Green on the domination. lol Those cars did always provide for some close racing; and at Sonoma it was down right crazy!

Also thanks to MooMan for coming up with the idea and build for this.
Tue 01 Oct 2013, 06:40
Lesson learned: CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT. I was wondering why other drivers were pulling away from me down straights in most of the races in the Miata and Vintage series. Also, some of you probably heard me cussing (sorry) my clutch, especially at Infinion.

After it started getting so bad ("grinding" almost every shift) I finally started checking the pedal input sliders and discovered two things. My clutch pedal was not fully engaging (or rather, disengaging), and I was only getting about 92% throttle (most of the time) with some jumpy input.

I cleaned the magnetic sensors on my CSPv2 pedals with some compressed air and a strong vac (some cat hair in there) and everything's back at 100%. Now I've got to find my "groove" again as my "faulty" equipment has been affecting my race skill (over-driving turns to keep up) and "focus" for the past few months.

It's actually fun to race again--think I ran laps for five hours after cleaning everything.