Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Radical Shootout at the Brickyard (Open Rank)

Wed 11 Mar 2015, 23:30

This race will take place March 21th at 3:00pm eastern / 7:00pm gmt.

Sat 21 Mar 2015, 02:38
Both Light Green and Purple have been taken. Dark Green and Yellow are still available.
Sat 21 Mar 2015, 07:54
The Radical Shootout at the Brickyard is TODAY at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!

Warmup - 2:00pm eastern / 6:00pm gmt

Race - 3:00pm eastern / 7:00pm gmt

HOST: Mr Blonde
Sat 21 Mar 2015, 13:41
Just wanted to say I demand to see people running those Jacko stickers Cartmell made. That's all have a good day.
Sat 21 Mar 2015, 22:40
First off, massive apologies for the pileup I caused into turn one. I was comfortable, leading, and swapping first and second when the sound went out. In my haphazard attempt to fix it, I pressed the main xbox button on the contoller thinking I could refresh it. (If you don't keep toying with the controller the chat headset will stop working...thanks M/S). Well, this popped up a screen which basically threw me totally out of control of the car. Although you can't see it in the video, it's the "controller option" screen (e.g. do you want to turn it off? etc.). As you can see, I just slowed and hit the wall and screwed all those behind me and feel terrible. Lesson learned. I'll go w/o chat or stop racing ovals until I can get a chat headset that works reliably. (Maybe having a rubber band keep the d-pad down would work? Anyone tried it?).
Sat 21 Mar 2015, 22:44
Second, the below video shows a few interesting things:
1. @ 0:55 - someone plows into the car ahead of me while we are being paced (I was running first at the time).
2. @ 2:35 - my wreck at turn one.
3. @ 4:00 - when I tried to pit to fix my car after the wreck, Forza did not pit my car, and instead just drove it through! I had to limp around the track again. In essence, this was a drive through. Way to go Forza! Finally a penalty system! Hell...I don't know what happened there, but it cost me a few places for sure.
4. @ 5:30 - my actual pit for repairs. I was 2-3 laps down at that point.

www.youtube.com/watch
Sat 21 Mar 2015, 23:53
Posted by OctoberFirst off, massive apologies for the pileup I caused into turn one. I was comfortable, leading, and swapping first and second when the sound went out. In my haphazard attempt to fix it, I pressed the main xbox button on the contoller thinking I could refresh it. (If you don't keep toying with the controller the chat headset will stop working...thanks M/S).

I have the "plug n play" kit or whatever so my controller doesn't turn off after being idle because it's plugged into the console. might be worth looking at. not to mention no more batteries to deal with.
Sun 22 Mar 2015, 04:54
Mine was plugged into the console via USB. Still turns off. Have heard this happens to many people. Not sure how to fix it. It's not a power issue...it's an xbox issue because I'm a wheel user and Thustmaster is the primary controller. Something about primary and secondary recognition. But I'm going to try and keep the D-pad down with rubber band (or do the same with an unassigned button) and maybe that will work. Also, I don't have the newest Turtle Beach for the One.

For those of you that do have the TB headset for the One, can you plug the chat lead into the controller and have it not shut off if after a period of not touching it? What really hung me out was the fact that the controller that the chat headset was plugged in to (I wear it under the Turtle Beach headset) did not do a damn thing *except* for the main button, which I mistakenly thought could simple be pressed on and off, like before, and not minimize the damn screen. The difference being, apparently, offline vs online.
Sun 22 Mar 2015, 06:46
I also use the wheel. Weird that even when plugged in your controller will shut off.

Can't comment on whether or not the TB headset would fix your issue as I don't seem to have this problem. I do like the TB headset though.
Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:01
I'm gonna have to invest in one if the rubber band trick does not work. If you don't have that problem, it could be that you don't have to use the headset that came with the xbox (I don't have Kinect either, so that could be a factor). Thus, if I get the TB and plug right into the controller instead of wearing the chat headset underneath then it should work. Several things to try in any case. I need to get this solved one way or another.
Sun 22 Mar 2015, 16:32
Yeah, I'll just tell you my set up which gives me no problems.

Thrustmaster TX wheel and I use the Turtle Beach XO Seven headset which plugs into the controller.

1. Start up the console with controller that is plugged in.
2. Plug in wheel.
3. Start the game with controller.
4. When game prompts to 'press a' to start I press A on the wheel, which requires you to sign in with your gamertag again.

And after that you can use either controller or wheel to move about the menus. Controller doesn't turn off since it's plugged into the console with the USB cable.
Sun 22 Mar 2015, 20:37
Thanks. I'll try that. I'd rather not wear two headsets anyway. I assume you would have to rest your wheel rotation to 450/360 depending on the series (sedan vs. open wheel for me). But I have not been unplugging my wheel from the USB, so maybe that will fix the chat issue in the meantime. Many thanks.