Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Mitsubishi/Subaru Shootout (FM Level 1)

Sun 07 Aug 2016, 22:21

Sun 07 Aug 2016, 22:22
Mon 08 Aug 2016, 19:27
Thank you for the sign-ups so far, it will be a fun event.

Just so you are not caught off guard DURING the race, Evo is the more powerful car BUT it also consumes fuel faster. Evo cannot run the race distance with single tank of fuel (at competitive pace). However, it is faster than 22B.

So Evos' will likely take lead in the beginning of the race and stay there until last few laps. Evo's will emerge from the pits and re-merge with the 22Bs', if they have been putting in good laps.

There once was a rivalry,
Of McRae and Makinnen.

Cool metallic blue 22B was McRae's cavalry,
Red & white Evo Makinnen brought to engagement.

Two crossed paths in immortal rallyhood,
Both excelled, in AWD drifts thru woods.

Never will they relive those days,
As McRae perished, too early, in many ways.

GSR brings back two machines hotly contested,
In tribute to those who brought excitements rarely bested.
Mon 08 Aug 2016, 19:45
So the Evo's will have to pit every race where as the Subaru's will be able to run the race without pitting? Is the difference between the 2 that big? Sounds very fun strategic wise and would be fun to hop on and race when able to.
Mon 08 Aug 2016, 19:50
Evo sounds better, only reason I picked it lol.
Mon 08 Aug 2016, 22:12
Posted by dakinca91So the Evo's will have to pit every race where as the Subaru's will be able to run the race without pitting? Is the difference between the 2 that big? Sounds very fun strategic wise and would be fun to hop on and race when able to.

Evo does not have to pit at all tracks! On some tracks you can short shift Evo to get better mileage and NOT pit. One has to test & evaluate. I have ran 5 successful laps LeMans using both cars without pitting. I've only done full throttle testing at Daytona in the Evo. Is it possible to run the Evo without pitting? Possibly; I've got to try it out.

At every track, I know Subaru can run full out for the entire race. At every track, Evo will have faster lap times but will run out of fuel if driven at that pace.

Evo = C490
22B = C459

That's a difference of 31 PI points.

Come join when you can; that's the whole point to the Tuesday Shootouts.

The event consists of 2 races. You can change cars for the 2nd race.
Mon 08 Aug 2016, 23:27
Round 1 will be run in the day, round 2 night, correct?
Tue 09 Aug 2016, 00:07
random starts?
Rolling or standing?

Is a 2:15 in the 22B decent?
Tue 09 Aug 2016, 00:28
Posted by dakinca91random starts?
Rolling or standing?

Random. Standing.
Tue 09 Aug 2016, 04:02
Posted by dakinca91

No.

Race 2 is night track and you can change the car if you want.
Tue 09 Aug 2016, 06:56
What would be a decent time for both cars to shoot for?
Tue 09 Aug 2016, 09:21
Rounds 1 & 2 are TODAY at Daytona (sports car circuit)

Practice: 8:00pm eastern

Race 1 (Day): 9:00pm eastern

Race 2 (Night): After race 1

Host: GRD

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Tue 09 Aug 2016, 15:21
Posted by dakinca91What would be a decent time for both cars to shoot for?

Decent times, by my estimates are:

2:11 for Evo (runs out of fuel at the end of lap 11 so might as well pit at end of lap 10)
2:13 for 22B (no problem running 13 laps)

I see 6 drivers signed-up so far, 3 x Evos and 3 x 22B. It's going to be exciting races!
Tue 09 Aug 2016, 15:55
Thanks , not suprizing but I'm off the pace. I'll try and pick up the pace for the race.
Wed 10 Aug 2016, 08:57
Great debut! Those first 3-4 laps of race 1 might have been some of the best racing I've ever seen in GSR!
Wed 10 Aug 2016, 16:13
I enjoyed the racing a lot. Sorry to GRD race 2, turn 2 incident. Drove it in just a little too hard lol. I learned from race one if you're in an Evo you have to make up track position ASAP for the strategy to work.
Wed 10 Aug 2016, 17:25
I agree. Last nights race 1 was fantastic. Didn't really know how the strategy would pan out. But the first 5 laps were great. 2 and 3 wide on the infield section was really fun. GRD dominated but behind him was some great battles. One poor soul even flipped and rolled about 3 times. Had a good battle with Mission for about 4 laps where we were passing and repassing the whole time. Looking forward to the next race in these cars.
Wed 10 Aug 2016, 19:01
Posted by TopSoCalledGearI enjoyed the racing a lot. Sorry to GRD race 2, turn 2 incident. Drove it in just a little too hard lol.

It happens and I do it too sometimes. As long as it is not deliberate, I'm good with it and there was no damage.

The collision that really took me out of podium position was Blonde's move at the bus stop chicane. I thought we Canadadians were supposed to watch out for each other! You drove into the Trump Tire Wall and I had to pay the price for it. j/k!!! :)

It's for good fun and I'm glad the race was good/competitive. Also good to see all 8 signed-up participants show up!

I test drove Bernese Alps in 22B last night on a recon run. The Bernese Alps race will be extended by +1 laps = 13 laps.
Wed 10 Aug 2016, 19:48
If I'm ever home on a Tuesday (very unlikely) I will get in on this series. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Fri 12 Aug 2016, 16:33
GRD thanks for putting this series together. This is a great series and if I didn't flip my car in the first race I think it would have made the race very interesting. Can't wait to do this again next Tuesday. This time I will get some practice time in before the race
Fri 12 Aug 2016, 18:03
Posted by BasicBlaqGRD thanks for putting this series together. This is a great series and if I didn't flip my car in the first race I think it would have made the race very interesting. Can't wait to do this again next Tuesday. This time I will get some practice time in before the race

It is a lot of fun for me as well. Your flip was THE memorable moment from race 2.

Do practice, as it will give you an edge. Then again, it didn't help me in the 2nd race; thanks to Blonde's Blockade.