Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Ferrari F355 Challenge (FM Level 1)

Thu 26 Jan 2017, 13:45

Official mid-week racing returns to GSR!

Ferrari F355 Challenge is the one-make series par excellence, the most wide ranging and admired in the world. The series was established in 1993 and the events are FIA approved, thus ensuring a very high standard of organisation and safety.
The championship was an immediate success: it’s formula which insists on participants being dealers or authorised race shops, means the cars’ performance is very closely matched, which thus puts the emphasis on the drivers.

February 7th - Monza (Italy) - Rounds 1 & 2 - (Full Circuit & Full Circuit Alt)

February 14th - Catalunya (Spain) Rounds 3 & 4 - (National & GP)

February 21st - Silverstone (England) Rounds 5 & 6 - (International & GP)

February 28th - Spa (Belgium) Rounds 7 & 8

*All races will start at 21:00 eastern / 02:00 gmt

Tue 21 Feb 2017, 00:04
Forecast is spotty... Rain or dry for the races?
Tue 21 Feb 2017, 01:42
Posted by EddieBananasForecast is spotty... Rain or dry for the races?

We won't know for sure until about 20-30 minutes before the race.
Tue 21 Feb 2017, 15:06
As usual, I'll be there for race 2, race 1 depends on how quick and proficient I am in my Physics lab.
Tue 21 Feb 2017, 18:58
Rounds 5 & 6 are TODAY at Silverstone

Round 5 (International) - 21:00 eastern / 02:00 gmt

Round 6 (Grand Prix) - After race 1

Host - GRD 4 3L

Weather - www.accuweather.com/en/gb/silverstone/nn12-8/weather-forecast/330028
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 01:06
Change of plans. I'll be hosting tonight, as GRD can't make it.
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 03:08
Lobby is open.

Race 1 (International) will be in the rain.

Race 2 (GP) will be in the dry.
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 05:18
11 drivers in 2nd race! Thanks for hosting tonight, Blonde.

Lap 1 was very hairy.
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 05:44
Great racing tonight! Really excited for the finale at Spa!
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 13:51
Congrats to Topper on the win in race 2! Me and him had a chess match of a battle for first there and unfortunately I pushed just a bit too much and he got around me.

I didn't expect to hold the lead as long as I thought I would! Lol.

As for the Tuesday night leagues, what's next car on the list because this type of stuff has a little "Tuesday Night Thunder" series to it. I guess you could call it the "TNT" series ahaha.
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 16:56
Posted by Murphys LaaawlCongrats to Topper on the win in race 2! Me and him had a chess match of a battle for first there and unfortunately I pushed just a bit too much and he got around me.

I didn't expect to hold the lead as long as I thought I would! Lol.

As for the Tuesday night leagues, what's next car on the list because this type of stuff has a little "Tuesday Night Thunder" series to it. I guess you could call it the "TNT" series ahaha.

I didn't get any practice in for last night's race so I fell behind a little in the opening laps but I saw you and Topper running close for many laps!

As for the mid week races, we are considering changing from Tuesday to Wednesday nights. The reason is that we have Sat/Sun races + now few members participating in Mon races @2O4F. So Tuesday race makes it 4 days in a row!

I like the sound of TNT (:O) but it may have to be WMD (Wednesday Midweek Drive).
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 17:09
$50 to whoever takes out GRD at Spa.
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 17:50
I love to be taken out to lunch/dinner!

Lunch/dinner @Spa will be . . . well . . . Spantastic!?! :(
Wed 22 Feb 2017, 19:29
Posted by GRD 4 3LI didn't get any practice in for last night's race so I fell behind a little in the opening laps but I saw you and Topper running close for many laps!

As for the mid week races, we are considering changing from Tuesday to Wednesday nights. The reason is that we have Sat/Sun races + now few members participating in Mon races @2O4F. So Tuesday race makes it 4 days in a row!

I like the sound of TNT (:O) but it may have to be WMD (Wednesday Midweek Drive).

It was probably the most tense 8-9 laps I've ever driven period, lol. I wish I saved the replay because if anyone were spectating that battle, they would of been thoroughly entertained.

I hope these races stay on Tuesday evenings just for the fact we can call it Tuesday Night Thunder (TNT) lol. But with how terrible (as in great) I am at nicknames, I'm sure Wednesday's of Motoring Destruction (WMD) will catch on.
Wed 01 Mar 2017, 00:32
Round 7 is TODAY at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.

Race - 21:00 eastern / 02:00 gmt

Host - GRD 4 3L

Weather - www.accuweather.com/en/be/francorchamps/962410/weather-forecast/962410
Wed 01 Mar 2017, 05:53
That was a great race at Spa. The lead must have changed about 5 times! And Blonde finished ahead of Murphy!

Thank you all for participating in this series.
Wed 01 Mar 2017, 06:10
Thanks for putting on that series, GRD! Had a great time in those cars.
Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:08
a really good race at spa, a great series but over too soon. thanks GRD, thanks Blonde.
Wed 01 Mar 2017, 17:24
Nice job GRD. I'll have you in the upcoming Ferrari series I'm sure of it!