Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Mini Cooper Cup: Season 2 (Open Rank)

Sun 05 Jan 2014, 17:24

All discussions related to the Mini Cooper Cup go here!

This championship will be taking place between April 4th and May 2nd on Forza Motorsport 5.

Sun 09 Feb 2014, 19:21
Pleasure racing with you guys! Looking forward to the Mazda cup!
Thu 12 Mar 2015, 07:37
Due to the Project CARS delay we will be running a second season of the Mini Cooper Cup. This will be a level 2 series. Stay tuned for series page including car build, calendar etc.
Fri 13 Mar 2015, 07:31
Have fun guys. Was hoping for something a bit different, but understand the appeal of these cars, as I used to own the modern version. And I don't qualify for Indy Lights. See you if and when pCARS comes out.

Thought we had an Indy Lights race set p at the Brickyard this weekend but can't find it anymore. I'll keep looking.
Fri 13 Mar 2015, 07:40
The Freedom 100 is still a go for this Saturday. :)

You should really give these Mini's a chance, Dusk. They are great fun around these little tracks!
Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:23
Posted by OctoberHave fun guys. Was hoping for something a bit different, but understand the appeal of these cars, as I used to own the modern version. And I don't qualify for Indy Lights. See you if and when pCARS comes out.

Thought we had an Indy Lights race set p at the Brickyard this weekend but can't find it anymore. I'll keep looking.

you can help me out for saturdays race, ive never oval'ed it before any tips
Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:08
Sure Dan. It's a blast. This is one of the few sites that dares to do these types of things. I work odd hours. I'll likely be on for a little bit before 1pm EDT and then again after 12 midnight tonight. Hit me up anytime. A lot of it depends on the people around you, but this is a good bunch. We just have to be careful not to move too much from our lines when people are around us. Leapfrog drafting would be nice to try too if we can get ahead of the pack and can be disciplined enough to actually not race each other, we'd have it made. lol.

And Blonde, I agree 100% about the MINIs. However, it comes down to time. And a choice between a D class MINI (I'd much prefer a B/A class modern, for instance) and a USF2000 at Silverstone National, Indianapolis Speedway, Yas Marina S, Road America E, & Prague Short. Had to go with the latter, since I don't qualify for Indy Lights, which was my first choice. But maybe I can drop in. What time are these races again?
Fri 13 Mar 2015, 17:33
Posted by DANDAN140787
Posted by OctoberHave fun guys. Was hoping for something a bit different, but understand the appeal of these cars, as I used to own the modern version. And I don't qualify for Indy Lights. See you if and when pCARS comes out.

Yup... Go Fast, Turn Left, Repeat 39 more times.
Fri 13 Mar 2015, 22:24
Will the spec of these be the same as season 2 see below?

The cars for this series is the 1965 Mini Cooper S

Upgrade Parts:
Engine and Power:
Camshaft - Race Cams and Valves

Platform and Handling:
Brakes - Race
Springs and Dampers - Sport
Front Anti Roll Bars - Race
Rear Anti Roll Bars - Race
Roll Cage - Race
Weight Reduction - Race

Drivetrain:
Clutch - Sport
Transmission - Sport
Driveline - Sport
Differential - Race

Tyres and Rims:
Tyres: Sport Compound
Front Tyre Width - 175/65R10
Rear Tyre Width - 175/65R10

Overall Stats
The PI after all parts are upgraded should be D/358
The power after all parts are upgraded should be 107HP
The weight after all parts are upgraded should be 1,300 LBS
Fri 13 Mar 2015, 22:46
Yes. Add race differential.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 05:31
It's got to be stock valves, because if I go to Race valves I get 1299 lbs, 378 PI and 119 power, but when I go to stock valves, I get the exact figures...
e.g.
The PI after all parts are upgraded should be D/358
The power after all parts are upgraded should be 107HP
The weight after all parts are upgraded should be 1,300 LBS

...that you list. So I'm sticking with stock valves, unless the PI is a mistake or someone can explain what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 05:47
I think I found the problem. "Valves" are stock. However, the camshaft build is "Race Cams and Valves".
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 05:49
Yes, that's correct. Thanks, BCK.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 06:56
Thanks guys. (now depressed. lol. Your times are killing me!) I'm about a 2:23.912 around the full Prague Circuit.
Mon 16 Mar 2015, 09:16
Good news, Dusk...there is no need to worry about the full circuit, just the short one. :)
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 08:12
Whew! I thought I was officially the slowest man on earth when I saw both circuits posted. lol. Now I have to learn the short one, but that's almost a joy in these little dudes.
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 09:36
haha yeah they grow on you.
Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:25
Oh yea they do. I owned one. I forgot how they mimic the sensation of speed whilst going so slow. Forza 4 was such utter crap, you could not tell it was even a MINI. But I managed to get it down, thank God. 1:14.3. Still some time there, but it's a ways off.
Thu 19 Mar 2015, 18:30
any recommended set ups out there
Thu 19 Mar 2015, 23:07
Man, I gotta build this car . . . I already have D340 version so should not be a huge change. I also ran it at Prague Short as well; don't remember the times . . .

DanDan, I'll share my set-up as "GSR".
Thu 19 Mar 2015, 23:39
Posted by GRD 4 3LMan, I gotta build this car . . . I already have D340 version so should not be a huge change. I also ran it at Prague Short as well; don't remember the times . . .

DanDan, I'll share my set-up as "GSR".

Thanks