Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Ginetta Junior Championship (PC Level 1)

Fri 15 May 2015, 09:48

All discussion related to the Ginetta Junior Championship series goes here!

Series page and sign up coming soon!

June 6 - Brands Hatch (Indy) x 2
July 4 - Donington Park (National) x2
July 25 - Oulton Park (Island) x2
August 22 - Snetterton (300) x2

*All races will start at 3:00pm eastern / 8:00pm gmt

* All races will start at 8:00pm IGT (In Game Time)

Sat 06 Jun 2015, 20:13
Posted by Spin HDThank you, Blonde! Are we required to show up for the warmup session?

No. Just be sure you're on at least 10-15 minutes before 3.
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 20:14
Posted by Foxy2111What will the Tire Wear and Fuel Usage multipliers be set to?

Real.
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 20:31
Lobby is now open. Invites are not required on PC. To join simply find Mr Blonde on your friends list and select join game.
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 22:10
My game crashed during Quali
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 22:37
Due to extremely unstable servers on PC, today's races will have been postponed to a later date.
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 22:44
This game gives me headaches.
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 22:46
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i got up at 5am for nothing
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 22:48
Damn it, that's fine not your fault what so ever its the stupid game, all this hype for nothing. When will the race be done?
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 22:54
People were warping all over the shop in that race for me.

It just doesn't work, and from looking at the patch notes for 1.4 there are no fixes coming for anything we experienced.
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 23:08
I think we are all disappointed but I feel the decision to postpone the race is the right thing to do at this time. May-be we should all be venting our frustration to the developers on the Project Cars Official forum, you never know it might help move things forward
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 23:24
It is what it is. Our hands are tied for the time being.
Sat 06 Jun 2015, 23:32
Posted by KAYMP4Damn it, that's fine not your fault what so ever its the stupid game, all this hype for nothing. When will the race be done?

TBA
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 00:30
Sorry for all the confusion and frustration today, guys. In our nearly two and a half year history that is just the second time we've had to outright postpone a race. (The other came in the FM4 days when XBox Live went down.

We simply don't have any immediate answers as to when we can properly start on PC. It's really in the hands of SMS studios. Update 1.4 is slated to be released in less than two weeks. Hopefully that will be our answer and we can get back to doing what we all enjoy. Until then, all FM events will continue as scheduled.
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 06:40
Sucks the race has been delayed, at least it gives me a chance to get in on the first race of the season. :)
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 09:50
I can tell you from talks with Ian Bell at RD and other Race League Directors, the former is flippant about the situation and instead decides to trumpet how many sales the game has benchmarked (thanks Ian, now go fix your goddamn*d game) and the latters will tell you to a man that to try and run more than 8, maybe 10 in a lobby at this time will never work. Ergo, don't think it's going to get better anytime soon with their cloud server $ saving. (Note: the multiplayer problems may get better outside of patches, and they may not. Use will sure drop...that's for sure. Please be vocal elsewhere).

That's why I assumed we were being broken up. I ran a 2 hour league race afterwards with no problems. Two other leagues have chimed in on things that help:
1. No more than 10 in a lobby. (Break them up by qualifying if you have to, but at least you can run short tracks in fun cars, and when it works, it's WAY more immersive than Forza).
2. Everyone in a private party chat instead of game chat.
Sun 07 Jun 2015, 18:46
Problem is if you have 10 people racing; Party chat only supports 8 people.
Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:10
Then 8 to a lobby. That's about the limit anyway. Sad, but worth it if you can ave a good race, since the gameplay is incredibly immersive.
Fri 19 Jun 2015, 06:30
Calendar has been updated.
Fri 19 Jun 2015, 08:30
There will be a practice/server test this Saturday at 4:00pm eastern / 9:00pm gmt at Brands Hatch and Donington Park.

We will start at Brands Hatch with a 30 minute practice, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session and a 10 lap race. Repeat at Donington Park.

Let's cross our fingers that the 1.4 update did some good for the online experience.
Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:03
Ran in a few lobbies (8 and 12 players)the other night with very little lag which was great , the only thing that was messed up was the in game chat and party chat , but the game was very playable .I could of just been lucky tho so a server test is a great idea and hopefully it will run as good for us as it did for me the other night.Count me in