Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Ginetta Junior Championship (PC Level 1)

Fri 15 May 2015, 09:48

All discussion related to the Ginetta Junior Championship series goes here!

Series page and sign up coming soon!

June 6 - Brands Hatch (Indy) x 2
July 4 - Donington Park (National) x2
July 25 - Oulton Park (Island) x2
August 22 - Snetterton (300) x2

*All races will start at 3:00pm eastern / 8:00pm gmt

* All races will start at 8:00pm IGT (In Game Time)

Fri 15 May 2015, 09:58
Thread up and running! Series page coming soon!
Fri 15 May 2015, 10:21
I'm sure I'm setting myself up for a huge embarrassment here (as usual), but what times are you folks getting around Brands Hatch Indy? I just did around 15 laps on a dry track at 8pm and am in the low 57's. I know I can get down far lower than that after some real practice and some tuning, but at the moment it's feeling pretty good. I'm sure most of you guys will destroy that time after about 3 laps, but either way I'm having a blast in this thing!

I should add that I've fallen in love with this track already! I'll have to sit down and read up on the history of it and burn the turn names into my brain.
Fri 15 May 2015, 20:42
I'll have some time tonight to run some laps. If anyone wants to join you're more than welcome. Always fun hot lapping with some people.
Fri 15 May 2015, 22:00
Posted by Mr Blonde VI'm sure I'm setting myself up for a huge embarrassment here (as usual), but what times are you folks getting around Brands Hatch Indy? I just did around 15 laps on a dry track at 8pm and am in the low 57's. I know I can get down far lower than that after some real practice and some tuning, but at the moment it's feeling pretty good. I'm sure most of you guys will destroy that time after about 3 laps, but either way I'm having a blast in this thing!

this is my localish track here in england, its a great track, full and indy are both great. they have a whole hill wear you can just park the car up and sit watching the racing which is good for those wet days
I should add that I've fallen in love with this track already! I'll have to sit down and read up on the history of it and burn the turn names into my brain.
Sat 16 May 2015, 05:17
2nd lap ran a 56.1 and I know I can get another .4-.7 out of it.

If you see me on Blonde I'll run laps with ya.
Sat 16 May 2015, 06:12
Ran a few laps and got a 56.9 but like high said I feel like there is a little more time I could squeeze out of it
Sun 17 May 2015, 01:57
There is a practice room open right now. Currently 4 cars on track. Would love to see more.
Sun 17 May 2015, 04:04
Posted by Mr Blonde VThere is a practice room open right now. Currently 4 cars on track. Would love to see more.

These cars grow on you, and make for competive races. The rain was fun as well.
Sun 17 May 2015, 19:40
0:55.49x after 1 hour of frustrations of the car not wanting to make a left turn.

PCARS has been 'changing' my controller settings around this morning. As it turns out, my left turn was assigned to D-PAD UP !?! Once that was corrected, then PCARS decided to change my gear to Automatic.

Got to admit, the run was done in roof camera. Going to try again in cockpit mode. Corner 1 exit speed target = 88mph; downhill left hand exit speed target = 70mph. I was 2~3 mph shy on the 55.5 lap.
Sun 17 May 2015, 20:50
Running mid/low 56's but also with consistency. There is time to be saved but I'm not sure it would be worth the push in a race. When the tail goes there is little you can do to save it :)
Mon 18 May 2015, 03:05
^ Are you running no assists? I have yet to see an official decision on if we're going to force all assists off or run the "real" setting.
Mon 18 May 2015, 03:17
Posted by iMaHiGhFlYeR^ Are you running no assists? I have yet to see an official decision on if we're going to force all assists off or run the "real" setting.

We will have a decision on that front this week.
Mon 18 May 2015, 15:41
Posted by iMaHiGhFlYeR^ Are you running no assists? I have yet to see an official decision on if we're going to force all assists off or run the "real" setting.

In my case I was running with no assists
Mon 18 May 2015, 16:44
Just got on and did my first few laps in this car and on this track; managed to get a 0:54:406 so far with the stock setup. Still feel like there's plenty of time to be had there, 53s are definitely possible.

Edit: Just did a few more laps and I'm now down to 0:54:219 with a 53.9 as my potential best. Have to get off now but I'll be at around midnight GMT if anyone fancies some practice.
Mon 18 May 2015, 18:27
I did a few laps but only managed a 55.071,
Mon 18 May 2015, 21:07
Posted by Foxy2111Just got on and did my first few laps in this car and on this track; managed to get a 0:54:406 so far with the stock setup. Still feel like there's plenty of time to be had there, 53s are definitely possible.

Edit: Just did a few more laps and I'm now down to 0:54:219 with a 53.9 as my potential best. Have to get off now but I'll be at around midnight GMT if anyone fancies some practice.

Interesting GT change there Keyless lol.
Mon 18 May 2015, 21:28
Posted by Nightmare x24x
Posted by Foxy2111Just got on and did my first few laps in this car and on this track; managed to get a 0:54:406 so far with the stock setup. Still feel like there's plenty of time to be had there, 53s are definitely possible.

Keyless was a better name.. haha

Interesting GT change there Keyless lol.
Mon 18 May 2015, 21:49
54.280 here - but I've run a LOT of laps at Brands Indy since the game come out so I know it like the back of my hand.

How do you see your optimal lap?
Mon 18 May 2015, 21:54

Real assists in this car is the same as forcing them all off lol
Tue 19 May 2015, 00:19
I'm going to open a practice room at Brands Hatch Indy at 6pm eastern and leave it open for 90 minutes. I'll set it for 8pm IGT and random weather. Come and go as you please. No invites required on this game. :)