Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

NASCAR Cup (FM Level 3) *VOID*

Thu 23 Jun 2016, 08:20

Sun 31 Jul 2016, 23:40
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by dakinca91Started in the back and went to the front and back about 4 times before finishing 4th in the Racing with Jesus Chevy. Could have finished 3rd buy staying tucked in the draft but figured why not try for a victory on the outside. For someone who is garbage in those cars a top 5 is good.

Can you (or anyone) help me clarify the correct results? My results screen showed me in 4th, but I'm pretty sure I was 6th or 7th. I know there was a cluster of us at the line.

I was 4th and I think GRD was right behind me I'm not sure though
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 23:49
Posted by dakinca91
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by dakinca91Started in the back and went to the front and back about 4 times before finishing 4th in the Racing with Jesus Chevy. Could have finished 3rd buy staying tucked in the draft but figured why not try for a victory on the outside. For someone who is garbage in those cars a top 5 is good.

Can you (or anyone) help me clarify the correct results? My results screen showed me in 4th, but I'm pretty sure I was 6th or 7th. I know there was a cluster of us at the line.

I was 4th and I think GRD was right behind me I'm not sure though

Marco was 7th, Samson was 8th
Sun 31 Jul 2016, 23:57
Specifically I'm trying to sort out what order myself, Dan, GRD and Marko finished. (4th-7th)
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:01
4th - Dan
5th - GRD
6th - Blonde
7th - Marko

Correct?
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:05
In terms of the racing, the biggest thing I have to say is, "What the fuck did you all expect?!?"
This shit happens in real life, and every time we race ovals. Between tight racing, people using controllers, and internet lag, there will be collisions. A collision at our speeds will spin out the majority of us, even with a slight tap. The only wreck i witnessed today that was 100% intentional was when someone purposefully spun out another driver because they thought they had the right-of-way despite the other driver being in front of them. Besides that, everything else seemed like a racing incident that comes with this type of racing.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:06
Yes I believe so.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:11
Posted by Mr Blonde V4th - Dan
5th - GRD
6th - Blonde
7th - Marko

Correct?

Just watched my stream since i was behind everyone, and despite the results saying Marko was in 7th, he was clearly in front of you for 6th.

4th - Dan
5th - GRD
6th - Marko
7th - Blonde
8th - Samson

source: www.twitch.tv/samson_gaming/v/81001071
start time: 1:06:21
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:18
Thanks, guys!
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:19
Posted by Sam5onIn terms of the racing, the biggest thing I have to say is, "What the fuck did you all expect?!?"
This shit happens in real life, and every time we race ovals. Between tight racing, people using controllers, and internet lag, there will be collisions. A collision at our speeds will spin out the majority of us, even with a slight tap. The only wreck i witnessed today that was 100% intentional was when someone purposefully spun out another driver because they thought they had the right-of-way despite the other driver being in front of them. Besides that, everything else seemed like a racing incident that comes with this type of racing.

Completely agree with you there Samson .

An individual complains about people not being able to drive or hold a line or whatever the issue may be . Then this person purposely spins out another driver .

So to this person I ask - are you part of the solution or are you a major part of the problem ?
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:20
We are all here to have fun at the end of the game on these "games" we all enjoy playing
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:21
*grabs chair and some popcorn*
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 00:43
Posted by BCKracer71Here's some of it at 37:39:
https://www.twitch.tv/bckracer71/v/81001327#

Thanks. It seems quite evident to me that I misjudged Hyena's position, and I'll take responsibility for this specific accident if disciplinary action will be taken. In my defense, he was sitting in my blind spot, I wasn't paying attention to the mirrors and the in-game indicators didn't give him as a "danger close".

Again, this is not the kind of situation I was referring to. A lot of crashing happened because people tried to pull stunts that were sitting well in the realms of the impossible. And before you quote the line about racing drivers having to go for gaps, I'd like to remember that a)racing etiquette dictates what should be considered a "gap", and what shouldn't; b)I don't think any of us is the next Ayrton Senna.

50 laps are a long way to go, and even if you don't make that pass and end with a worse result than you were expecting, you won't lose your sponsors for sure.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:17
I said after the race at Indy, if people weren't going to bother with their mirrors, I wasn't going to bother lifting and not spinning them out.

What did you expect? I figured I'd be spinning out more people today. I'll keep doing it until people start gaining sense, or I am removed from the league.

I don't care if I hurt your feelings.

I don't care if you think I'm an asshole.

I AM an asshole.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:23
Yeah, what did you expect? People who don't know how to race on ovals, who haven't practiced and complaining about being wrecked. This is exactly how I thought it would go. Green, crash, green crash. You don't see that in real life. But they practice to make sure they're not in the way and use their mirrors but since it's a video game and it doesn't matter, who cares right?
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:35
Insayne has been disqualified from round 1 (Daytona) and suspended for round 2 (Homestead) for avoidable contact.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:38
lol ^
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:42
Posted by GSR Admin TeamInsayne has been disqualified from round 1 (Daytona) and suspended for round 2 (Homestead) for avoidable contact.

Cry me a river you little spineless bitch.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:47
Posted by InsayneHyenaI don't care if you think I'm an asshole.

I AM an asshole.

Well, if you say so...

Look, I wasn't calling you into question, and I feel bad that sharing my observations with you is leading to such unnecessary drama - again, I've readily admitted that if there's someone who should take the blame for our incident, it's me. And I am not in a habit of getting my feeling hurt by strangers on the internet over a racing videogame.

But on the racetrack, you are responsible uniquely and exclusively for your racing behavior. That is true in real life, and it's true here, where nobody in the world cares if you come in second, third, or dead last.

Feel free to adopt whatever attitude you believe is opportune in the future. But don't come complaining when people answer in kind and next race turns into a crash-fest of unprecedented proportions. As far as I am concerned, I will stick to racing cleanly and competitively to the best of my abilities.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 03:51
You got a problem with me, ban me. But you won't because you'll just roll over and then complain how I shouldn't be so mean to people.

I can't tolerate retards.
Mon 01 Aug 2016, 04:06
Posted by InsayneHyenaI can't tolerate retards.

And yet, funnily enough, you're the one who's acting like a fruitcake.

Jeez, this place has changed since I've left. Did Fox buy it out, turn it into some sort of reality show about keyboard warriors and people who make a habit of calling other people "retards" like they have Asperger's? Because you know what? Fuck it. If that's what GSR has become since 2013, I'm out.

Posted by YaBoiCricketYeah, what did you expect? People who don't know how to race on ovals, who haven't practiced and complaining about being wrecked.

a) nobody complained about "being wrecked"; b) we had practise sessions, where were you? Where was Hyena? Oh, wait. You don't need those practise sessions? Based on my experiences racing with you in the MX-5, trust me, you could use a refresher on proper road circuit racing.