Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Racing Media

Thu 11 May 2017, 19:26

A place for racing media to share. Movies, Books, Streams, etc.

Thu 11 May 2017, 19:28
New trailer for Amazon's upcoming Le Mans documentary. youtu.be/QCBZO62k0OQ
Tue 16 May 2017, 03:04
I recently bought Black Noon: The Year They Stopped the Indy 500 by Art Garner. It's all about the 1964 Indianapolis 500. A pretty timely purchase for me since it's May AND we are in the midst of our 1964 USAC season on Forza.

I'm currently about a third of the way though it and it's a pretty damn good read. Anyone who has any interest in IndyCar, the 500 or the history and evolution of the sport in general would likely really enjoy it. I'll leave the link here if anyone wants to buy it; I'm sure you'd be able to find it (or order it) from your local library, too.

www.amazon.ca/Black-Noon-Year-They-Stopped/dp/1250017777/ref=sr_1_1
Tue 16 May 2017, 03:15
Posted by xl MAVERlCK lxNew trailer for Amazon's upcoming Le Mans documentary. https://youtu.be/QCBZO62k0OQ

I saw that the other day, it looks pretty good. There's a documentary about the Jota Sport team's journey to LeMans on Netflix that's decent too. Called "Journey to LeMans" conveniently enough.
Tue 16 May 2017, 03:17
I follow a pretty decent amount of channels on YouTube that stream/ rebroadcast races. Next time I'm on here on my computer I'll link them up.
Tue 16 May 2017, 23:45
m.facebook.com/MBPhot0s/

That's my Facebook page for my photography. Not sure if it counts as "racing media" as such but there is a selection on motorsport and aviation photos . A like and share would be appreciated if you have a Facebook account . Cheers
Fri 09 Jun 2017, 18:59
Perfect timing. It released a day early, last night. www.amazon.com/Mans-Racing-Everything-Season/dp/B072HSW166
Sat 10 Jun 2017, 16:52
I said I would be back with some links when I was back on a computer. Here they are.

24 Hour series: Endurance race streams, and rebroadcasts.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCopWjPe1QbOFNf1dMs97E-w

DTM: Race streams, in car, and broadcasts. Usually blocked in the states, but sometimes they let one through. German, and English broadcasts.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCwKq447rYMVI5dAQWMmFnfg

ELMS: Race streams, and rebroadcasts. p2, p3, gte

www.youtube.com/channel/UCU8C8RqGhqH4nhk4mlN1Vwg

FIA F3: Race streams, and rebroadcasts.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAxcQdW6mxRiZY-EjH4Axw

WEC: Race rebroadcasts, sometimes it takes them a while to post races though.
P1, P2, GTE Pro/Am

www.youtube.com/channel/UCwU7U7PiarcJKLjDJTnANjw

Goodwood Historic: Historic racing from the UK. Occasional live streams, either hill climb, or circuit.

www.youtube.com/channel/UC8rador8CU-pTJ6p7WNiv6w

I've hit the character limit on this post.
Sat 10 Jun 2017, 17:07
GT4 European Series: GT4 racing

www.youtube.com/channel/UCLKDc9r7EjOtfOpytVbpDyg

GT World: Blancpain GT3, British GT, supercar, and GT4 Racing. Some series are blocked in the US, but occasionally they slip one through here too.

www.youtube.com/channel/UC-yHapH6mW1ceZ_5PDUf1_g

IMSA Official: Race/ Qualifying rebroadcasts, usually posted the day after they run. DPi, PC, GTLM, GTD

www.youtube.com/channel/UC58em84jwiyM20qR-iqBDZw

Indy Lights: Race rebroadcasts

www.youtube.com/channel/UCSihlA2prskLkYQkHpfrxmA

Indycar: Race rebroadcasts/ practice live streams

www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1F61QvUUQXAXi2Voa_fUw

Motorsport 2017: This one may be fly by night, but they covered the Nurburgring 24 hours this year, and still have it up to replay.

www.youtube.com/channel/UChFbnHafYUY3trdQ4pz0_bA
Sat 10 Jun 2017, 17:24
Motorsports AU: Race rebroadcasts. Various Australian race series. UTEs, Formula Ford, V8 Touring Cars, V8 Super Cars, Formula 4, Stadium Super Trucks, and others, a pretty varied, and solid channel.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCrrJ76ycqNx4qMGx0klq9iw

NISMO TV: Race streams and rebroadcasts. Blancpain GT endurance races, Japanese Super GT races, they also streamed the Bathurst 12 hour and still have it up.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCaTxfj0BzL-MaCy-YUqPRoQ

Renault Sport: Race rebroadcasts, Formula Renault, Clio cup

www.youtube.com/channel/UCi6HwVzHyWckVJo9odSZTlg

V8 3.5 (formerly Formula Renault V8 3.5) Race rebroadcasts.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCEpH8fOdf2YX9R-3Gh3iXRg/videos

I think thats about it that I follow. I'm starting to see why my wife thinks I have a problem, haha.
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 09:35
I thought you guys might like to have a go at a quiz i made, using Forza 6 images.
Can you guess the make of the car, by looking only at the tail lights?
It's harder than you'd think:
www.rookieraceline.com/tail-lights-quiz/
Fri 25 Aug 2017, 02:28
Replays from the Monterey historics at Laguna Secca are up.

Day 1: youtu.be/G0G1Z4PGpBw
Day 2: youtu.be/QfEdP7rw2Lk
Sat 09 Sep 2017, 03:30
It's Good Wood Revival weekend. This is one of my favorite races to watch the stream of all year.

youtu.be/JUJIIaFG404
Tue 12 Sep 2017, 19:11
flickr.com/photos/141263405@N07/sets/72157686455774004

For the motorbike fans of GSR . These are my photos of a recent road race I was at here in Ireland called the Killalane Road Races .

My Facebook page MByrne Photos can be found at @MByrnePhotos

My Twitter page MByrne Photos can be found at @MByrne_Photos

My Instagram page is mbyrnephotos_
Sun 17 Sep 2017, 11:26
flickr.com/photos/141263405@N07/sets/72157686734055934

Another set of photos this time taken at Mondello Park at the 2017 Leinster Trophy meeting day 1 .

Sun 17 Sep 2017, 16:07
Those formula cars look like a blast
Sun 17 Sep 2017, 18:04
Ye they are great little cars they are called Formula Sheane (pronouced Shane) . Built over here in Ireland and fitted with a 1.8 litre engine . I had the chance to drive one earlier this year around a track . They have more power than they have grip so a good setup and a not so heavy foot is needed
Sun 17 Sep 2017, 22:16
That's awesome bet driving one was a blast. What kind of power do they have, and what kind of weight? 200hp or so and a little over 1000lbs?

Club racing or a series like formula ford just under a different name?
Sun 17 Sep 2017, 23:25
www.flickr.com/photos/organize/

Photos from day 2 of the Leinster Trophy meeting today here in Ireland.

Sun 17 Sep 2017, 23:28
Posted by dakinca91That's awesome bet driving one was a blast. What kind of power do they have, and what kind of weight? 200hp or so and a little over 1000lbs?

Club racing or a series like formula ford just under a different name?

Ye it was something else to drive alright . Only car ive ever gone full throttle in and said to myself "f*ck me" . I think they are 180hp no clue on the weight of them though wouldnt be far off 1000lbs though. No it's a national championship . It's the top level single seater series in Ireland . Wouldn't be the same level as Formula Ford in other countries
Thu 28 Sep 2017, 22:48
youtu.be/S8LzUzFthgQ

Bring the time up to 7:20 and you will see myself standing up on the bank getting photos . It also includes a really cool vlog type onboard of the race aswell for anyone that's interested