Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

V8 Supercars 4 Hours of Bathurst

Sat 31 Jan 2015, 09:25

This race will take place February 28th at 3:00pm eastern / 8:00pm gmt. Stay tuned for the official race page.

Wed 18 Feb 2015, 13:11
Posted by Djbuzz 07I found a tune for the Holden that seems to help GT = (RelaxedPRKid) it's stock parts so we can use this tune.

Best so far = 2:10.570, pretty sure with practice I could get down to 2:08 - 2:09 just need to get the braking points dialed in.

cool will give it ago at 4 when finish work
Wed 18 Feb 2015, 13:15
i was only renting the holden as well looks like my savings for the lotus car are about to go out the window
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 03:06
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 03:55
Dan don't worry man I'm running the exact same times 2:14 or so
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 13:01
2.16 is my best, can't go any faster,think I'm going to make my gear longer,seem to be able to be more smooth always being in a higher gear then I should be
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 15:46
Posted by WRA SwagggWould anyone like to team up with me?

I'll run with you, Khaotic. I ran some laps last night and I think(?!?) I barely beat my previous Rivals time so I'm in 2:07 range but my safe, race pace will be about 2:08~2:10.

Would you mind if I run the 1st stint?
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 16:06
Posted by DANDAN140787i was only renting the holden as well looks like my savings for the lotus car are about to go out the window

Yea, don't buy two cars unless you have lots of money to waste. This isn't worth it. The cars are really not the issue. And neither are tunes. Some tuners use a wheel, some don't some use progressive braking instead of the linear-style with no resistance (like a pad only a pedal), some tuners love oversteer, some love power, some love understeer, and some think certain tuning flaws, which may be there, need to be compensated for. So you really can't ever rely on one man's opinion of what tune to use, since Forza tuning is semi-accurate at best and everyone uses different equipment, plus the preference factor. I usually search for tunes under the track name, then load 6-8 and try them all, then pick the best one. But 80% of the time, I use my own.
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 16:08
Posted by DANDAN1407872.16 is my best, can't go any faster,think I'm going to make my gear longer,seem to be able to be more smooth always being in a higher gear then I should be

Still need a partner Dan. We can both run slowly around the back watching people pit. lol. If not, anyone else? I can only run the second stint.
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 16:42
Using the Holden tune Djbuzz was talking about I've gotten 2 seconds faster so personally I like the Holden a lot more than the Ford
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 17:02
Hmmm. Well, it's worth a shot them, since Forza can't seem to give me enough money.
P.S. - Dan, be sure to go here to get free credits: forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_forum3_Forza-Motorsport-5.aspx
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 17:09
Posted by Austin Duit (Vortex)Using the Holden tune Djbuzz was talking about I've gotten 2 seconds faster so personally I like the Holden a lot more than the Ford

I don't doubt you. I'll just have to figure it out for me. Technically they are supposed to perform the same, if you ask Turn 10. But maybe driving styles come into play with the different strengths and weaknesses of the two. Who know. The leaderboards do seem to be more full of Holden's though. The view from the Ford is better IMO (esp. with that great mirror) but they both really limit your FOV. The bar doesn't bother me as much as the narrow FOV on the right.
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 19:11
That's a main thing I am trying to adjust to right now is the view they both are horrible especially with that bar across the middle of the window and also Dusk if Dan doesn't want to run with you or can't I will
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 21:50
Posted by GRD 4 3L
Posted by WRA SwagggWould anyone like to team up with me?

I'll run with you, Khaotic. I ran some laps last night and I think(?!?) I barely beat my previous Rivals time so I'm in 2:07 range but my safe, race pace will be about 2:08~2:10.

Would you mind if I run the 1st stint?
Alright sounds like a plan
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 22:26
Anyone in the 2:07 range want to team up?
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 23:05
KS, send PM regarding team name; feel free to propose your own or accept one of the two! I think it will be hard to beat option #1.
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 23:23
Posted by GRD 4 3LKS, send PM regarding team name; feel free to propose your own or accept one of the two! I think it will be hard to beat option #1.

Loved both lol
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 23:37
Looking for a team mate for this

I'm running the Holden & will use any paint job

I can only do the first stint, current times below:
Best time = 2:09.534 (getting better) how do people get 2:07?
Expected safe race pace = 2:11 - 2:12
Fri 20 Feb 2015, 23:04
Posted by WRA Swaggg
Posted by GRD 4 3LKS, send PM regarding team name; feel free to propose your own or accept one of the two! I think it will be hard to beat option #1.

Loved both lol

We are Team SWAGGRD.
Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:05
My wheel is broken. I have a Thrustmaster TX Italia that's 6 months old. Buttons and shifter stopped working and others are mapped wrong. No fix, it's a hardware issue. TM is dragging their feet to replace, but they had better. I'll be out until further notice. Sorry.
Sun 22 Feb 2015, 05:59
Anyone still looking for a partner that is running around 2:12