Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

2017 Global Endurance Championship (PC & FM)

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 14:45

In 2014, it took Wagon/Dave/Blonde, Carter/Macace and Insayne/Woody/Nightmare 36 hours to earn the right the be called champions. In 2016, it took SECR (Copper/Marko) and SamKel (Samson/Maverick) 48 hours to earn that same right. We won't know until December who will add their names to the list of GSREC champions; but we do know it will take them a record 54 hours complete with all of the countless euphoric highs and crushing lows that come with multi-class P1 & GT racing on 6 of the world's greatest endurance race circuits.

Grab a friend or two (or drive solo if you have no friends) and get behind the wheel of one of today's finest LMP 1 or GT3 cars for the ultimate test of endurance.

This championship will again take place on both FM and PC, with 3 races taking place on FM (Daytona, Nurbugring and Road Atlanta) and 3 taking place on PC (Silverstone, Le Mans and Spa). This year, Silverstone will replace Sebring and Spa has been extended from a 6 hour to a 12 hour event.

February 11th - 12 Hours of Daytona (FM)
April 22nd - 6 Hours of Silverstone (PC)
June 10th - 12 Hours of Le Mans (PC)
August 12th - 6 Hours of Nurburgring (FM)
October 14th - 12 Hours of Spa (PC)
December 16th - 6 Hours of Road Atlanta (FM)

Sun 11 Jun 2017, 16:52
Great fun again and respect to all! This was my endurance debut and have to say it is addictive as much as tiring... ;-)
Thanks to Dead Arm for having me in his team and his flawless stints.
Just out of curiosity (forgot to pay attention after the stints): what were the (avg. and best) laptimes of the Toyotas? I just tried 3 laps with it (half a tank of fuel) and came within 1 second of the laptimes in the R18. That Toyota can seriously throw out its anchors!! Braking is incredible and so is slow corner acceleration. Only leaves the top speed.. Playing with this beast for a few more laps would bring it in the exact same ball park as the Audi for me. Just wondering... ;-)
Sun 11 Jun 2017, 17:25
Great racing yesterday by all with a SECR car on top in both classes and GT being a 1-2 for SECR which really put the icing on the cake . Thanks to Copper for his fast stints which makes my life that bit easier lol

Well done basher on your flawless stints on your endurance series debut and to dead arm also for the great driving displayed by both .

Hard luck has to go to blaze for doing a great job of getting his car back to the pits after a brake failure . Even with the DQ it was some job getting it back and a great battle between us in stint 1 . It was shaping up to be a great battle .

To Samkel great first two stints sadly though failures are all part of racing but great effort all the same .

It's shaping up to be a great second half of the season .
Sun 11 Jun 2017, 20:49
Great racing yesterday. I had a blast, as always, and particularly enjoyed trying to track down Copper in stint 4. We literally had nothing between us for the entire stint. It all came down to a few silly mistakes made by me trying to take too much curb in the final sector of the track. The prototype teams did a great job in not being too pushy around us slower folk. Nicely done to all involved. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Sun 11 Jun 2017, 23:17
Posted by LMP BasherGreat fun again and respect to all! This was my endurance debut and have to say it is addictive as much as tiring... ;-)
Thanks to Dead Arm for having me in his team and his flawless stints.
Just out of curiosity (forgot to pay attention after the stints): what were the (avg. and best) laptimes of the Toyotas? I just tried 3 laps with it (half a tank of fuel) and came within 1 second of the laptimes in the R18. That Toyota can seriously throw out its anchors!! Braking is incredible and so is slow corner acceleration. Only leaves the top speed.. Playing with this beast for a few more laps would bring it in the exact same ball park as the Audi for me. Just wondering... ;-)

That's pretty interesting, Basher. As I said at some point yesterday, I was really starting to question the Toyota's abilities against the Audi, as seemingly all Audi drivers are faster than all Toyota drivers. Thanks for confirming we are just shitty though. hahaha
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 00:01
P1:
1. #30 Ardent/ SECR - 76
2. #1 SamKel - 65
3. #8 First Capital - 64
4. #7 Redbird - 54
5. #25 Quimera - 30
6. #2 Zyzx - 16
6. #? Chupa - 16
8. #118 TBA - 15
8. #? Dark Horse - 15
8. #18 Toro Loco - 15

GT:
1. #60 SECR - 75
2. #59 SECR - 64
3. #77 PPRL - 57
4. #? Jay Racing - 37
5. #74 420 - 33
6. #42 MBI - 30
7. #68 2O4F - 24
8. #69 2O4F - 14
9. #44 Rattlecan - 13
10. #84 MSG - 12
11. #52 2Old - 11
12. #42 MBI - 10
Mon 12 Jun 2017, 02:47
Thanks for the special mentions guys, it went from initial shock to determination, and finally to disappointment after I got DQd. I watched back the recording, turns out it was partial brake failure, and paritially driver error. I missed my normal braking point, but had plenty of room to miss the wall. Running the track later, I discovered my brakes were too hot, I wasnt watching temps during the race. Anyways, great racing with the whole SECR groups, us 3 really enjoyed it. On to Nurburgring where we are confident the excessive German Heritage will ensure victory!
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 03:59
After a couple races with less than stellar turnouts compared to the number of entries, we've decided to change the signups around a little bit moving forward. Unlike all other championships we run, GSREC signup will now be subject to approval. We have also disbanded some of the dead weight teams. It's a difficult series to organise and compete in. For consideration of organisers and fellow competitors, committed drivers need only apply.

Disbanded teams are able to re enter this season, but are subject to approval. Individual drivers may negotiate with an established team to join them if they wish.

If you feel you've been mistakenly removed from the entry list, please contact Mr Blonde and he will correct it.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 02:23
I'd like to join on Project Cars on Xbox. I'm interested in driving a GT Car. Anyone want to Team up, please send me a message.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 02:39
Posted by TLP STaLLiOnOI'd like to join on Project Cars on Xbox. I'm interested in driving a GT Car. Anyone want to Team up, please send me a message.

At a glace, I would suggest maybe getting in contact with A Cobalt SS. He's currently driving solo in the GT BMW.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 02:46
Can my dead weight team play?

Seriously though due to my latest teammate not having Forza (he dislikes it more than me!) Ardent SECR LMP1Audi team may be looking for a driver to do a stint or two in the Forza races.
Obviously we're looking for committed drivers, preferably faster than the competition.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 04:00
Is it ok too create a team and jump in this late into the season? I plan on joining in on the Nurburgring GP 6 hour race in a GTR LM NISMO if its possible just for the fun experience. I just have to find some people that like crap racecars as much as I do but I'll run alone if I have to.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 15:11
Why not just join an already existing GT team? That, or find a friend or two to join you.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 17:31
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by TLP STaLLiOnOI'd like to join on Project Cars on Xbox. I'm interested in driving a GT Car. Anyone want to Team up, please send me a message.

At a glace, I would suggest maybe getting in contact with A Cobalt SS. He's currently driving solo in the GT BMW.

User doesn't exist. My Xbox Gamertag is TLP STaLLiOnO have him message me
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 18:36
Posted by Mr Blonde V
Posted by WGIstation6aI watched some of the mixer stream of this. It looked like fun. I should have run at least a stint. I didn't think I would have any time to today, but I wound up at least having a couple hours of quiet while the daughter sleep. Oh well, maybe next time.

It was fun! Are you looking to join a team for the 6 Hours of Nurburgring on August 12th?

I'll probably sit that one out due to forza playing like crap on a wheel, and my massive inconsistency with a controller. I'd be more likely to run at Spa when you guys are back on PC.
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 18:40
Funny how the next race is on Forza and suddenly we get an influx of drivers that want to enter as a single car.

Hmmm...
Sat 17 Jun 2017, 22:03
Posted by Murphys LaaawlWhy not just join an already existing GT team? That, or find a friend or two to join you.

I did mention that I wanted some buddies to join me but if I can't then I don't feel completely comfortable joining a team out of nowhere. I already have at least one buddy that can join me. Ultimately if it boils down to me either running solo or joining another team then I guess id have to suck it up and join someone else as an unknown.
Sun 30 Jul 2017, 01:34
The countdown is on...2 weeks until the 6 Hours of the Nurburgring!
Tue 08 Aug 2017, 07:24
Now im in EST time zone would someone help me does it start at noon or 1 pm? Sorry for this just first race in the league, never mind im dumb just looked at the race schedule.
Wed 09 Aug 2017, 22:35
Doesn't look like I can run this weekend, so if anyone wants to stand in then give me a shout.
Fri 11 Aug 2017, 01:40
Did a small amount of laps and got a best time of1:57.3xx in the Prototype class. Anyone else run ?