Sing In

Forgot password?

Join GSR

Mini Cooper Cup: Season 2 (Open Rank)

Sun 05 Jan 2014, 17:24

All discussions related to the Mini Cooper Cup go here!

This championship will be taking place between April 4th and May 2nd on Forza Motorsport 5.

Fri 20 Mar 2015, 04:58
1:11.667, this build is really bouncy! There's nothing much I could do about that; it's the sports suspension. Had to make up using the ARB but there is a limit to how stiff I can go grip/balance wise. I also made a DVR, running against Blonde's ghost.
Fri 20 Mar 2015, 07:19
Posted by GRD 4 3L1:11.667, this build is really bouncy! There's nothing much I could do about that; it's the sports suspension. Had to make up using the ARB but there is a limit to how stiff I can go grip/balance wise. I also made a DVR, running against Blonde's ghost.

Compared to what I had, your setup seemed to suit the way I drive these cars quite well. It helped me improve my time a bit.
Fri 20 Mar 2015, 07:50
I have to be working by 3pm, so I'll likely miss the second race unless we start on the dot and take no breaks, but that's fine. Look forward to what I can get in.
Fri 20 Mar 2015, 15:22
Posted by GRD 4 3L1:11.667, this build is really bouncy! There's nothing much I could do about that; it's the sports suspension. Had to make up using the ARB but there is a limit to how stiff I can go grip/balance wise. I also made a DVR, running against Blonde's ghost.

Wow you know how to make a set up, with stock tune i was at a 1.17 at best now im 1.13 thank you.
ps this track is like a cheeky oval its flat out minus just two corners, what gear are people taking those 2 corners??
Fri 20 Mar 2015, 18:52
I take 2L (2nd corner, left turn) at 3rd. You can cut the corner A LOT and stay clean. Trick is to brake early in a straight line, turn, smash on the throttle.

Last corner, or 9L, I also use 3rd. Just a dab of brake and steering rotates the car then full throttle + go as wide as you can to minimize tire scrub. Buzzing the apex is a bonus but careful not to "physically" clip it.

As for the tune for those interested:

Tire pressure: 25/25 (it's a very light car but has tall tire walls so . . .)
ARB: 20/38 (high rear is a necessity to eliminate the "sickly/wobbly" feel, lower front gives better traction
Diff: I think 75/5 or 80/5 (cannot remember exactly. High accel helps propel FWD and a bit of decel provides smalll amount of stabilization in heavy braking)
Gears: 3.40 (so the car tops out at 4th gear at Prague Short)

With the dampers the car can be set-up very plush and stable but as it is the car feels as though it has ZERO damping.
Fri 20 Mar 2015, 18:56
For the chicane, the car has to be presented to the entry so that you are driving STRAIGHT (i.e. almost no steering) from entry to the exit of the chicane. If you can see the straight path then you can full throttle it with no issues.

*** Glad to hear the tune is helpful. I'm always 2nd guessing myself on my tunes. ***
Sat 21 Mar 2015, 07:56
The Mini Cooper series rules does not show Race Differential. You need to update it or some racers are going to be racing with stock differential. There no way to tell because stock diff and race diff will give you all the same PI D/358, 107hp and 1302 lbs
Sat 21 Mar 2015, 08:10
That's correct, Break. It's an oversight on our part.

Race Differential is included (and will be updated on the rules section asap)
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 09:22
16 entries already. Shaping up to be an excellent series!
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 19:01
Posted by GSR Admin TeamThat's correct, Break. It's an oversight on our part.

Race Differential is included (and will be updated on the rules section asap)
do i download the build or build it to a spec and tune myself ?
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 19:07
is there a split if we get over 16?
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 19:20
Sorry, investigated a bit further and found builds etc,

Have the tracks been decided yet and if so what is the first one on the 4th April or where can i find the calender for the series on the web site ?

Sorry but new to all of this.
Mon 23 Mar 2015, 19:40
Check the Race Series Page on top, click on Mini Cooper Cup: Season 2, then go to calendar on the right side of the page.
Mon 30 Mar 2015, 09:37
A bid of bad and very frustrating news for me...I have to work Saturdays now from 3pm EDT to 12 midnight, at least for three months. So that means I'll miss anything scheduled Saturday unless I can get an hour off here or there or trade a schedule or two. If so, I'll be sure to let you know, but I'll have to bow out for now, regrettably.

Hopefully this may change after 3 months, but I'll let you know.
Mon 30 Mar 2015, 15:41
hoping to be somewhere in the pack for this race, looking forward to it
Mon 30 Mar 2015, 21:36
1:11.245 after first 5 laps, this car is a blast!
Tue 31 Mar 2015, 04:32
In thinking about this series, some races may be doable. If Prague is 13 laps and it takes 1:11 a lap or so, one segment should be done in 15 minutes or so. If the second segment starts within five minutes of the first, I can likely complete it, but if not, I may have to bow out (takes about 25 mins. to get to work). So keep me signed up and I'll do the best I can. First race I can usually make.
Wed 01 Apr 2015, 01:19
I'm going to do some practice in these bad boys tonight from 10:00pm-11:00pm (eastern). Feel free to join me.
Wed 01 Apr 2015, 09:32

Big thanks from me too. I had forgotten just how light these cars are (they drive like such faster ones) but everything you said makes sense, and, more importantly, works. I'm still not in the upper tiers here, with about a 13.2 so far, but still working on it. The big sweeping left is really the problem, I think. I need to really take it slow a few times to get a perfect apex and then drill some braking points in...or slowing points rather.
Thu 02 Apr 2015, 00:53
ill be around mr blonde, lets do it.